The squad in July

644 posts
Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The squad in July

by Clyde1998 » 10 Jul 2023 06:57

The lack of CBC, Jahmari Clarke and Mbengue in the squad against Wimbledon probably suggests none of them have signed a new contract; I'd guess Hoilett is in the same boat, but he's obviously with Canada at the moment.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 10 Jul 2023 07:03

Clyde1998 The lack of CBC, Jahmari Clarke and Mbengue in the squad against Wimbledon probably suggests none of them have signed a new contract; I'd guess Hoilett is in the same boat, but he's obviously with Canada at the moment.

Away with Jamaica.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 10 Jul 2023 07:13

Orion1871
Clyde1998 The lack of CBC, Jahmari Clarke and Mbengue in the squad against Wimbledon probably suggests none of them have signed a new contract; I'd guess Hoilett is in the same boat, but he's obviously with Canada at the moment.

Away with Jamaica.

Oh of course. Forgot he was in the full Jamaica squad, as opposed to the U21s.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 10 Jul 2023 07:29

Clyde1998
Orion1871

Away with Jamaica.

They could also be in a similar situation to Selles, Walcott, Knibbs where contracts are not getting signed for one reason or another. Until they sign somewhere else there's always the chance they will remain at Reading (for example there were rumours weeks ago that Hoilett was going to Huddersfield but he's not turned up there yet).

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 10 Jul 2023 07:34

morganb
Clyde1998
Orion1871
Away with Jamaica.

They could also be in a similar situation to Selles, Walcott, Knibbs where contracts are not getting signed for one reason or another. Until they sign somewhere else there's always the chance they will remain at Reading (for example there were rumours weeks ago that Hoilett was going to Huddersfield but he's not turned up there yet).

True - especially if their contracts expired prior to signing a new one, they'll be classed as new signings.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jul 2023 08:25

Jahmari is under contract and presumably still injured with the Achilles injury he did at FGR

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 10 Jul 2023 08:48

Sounds as if we are in need of several new faces if Saturday's result and reaction is anything to go by. Hopefully we can come to sort sort of resolution regarding the HMRC payments and any discussions with the EFL that may have been going on so we know where we are going to be for the rest of the summer, only a few weeks to go and teams around us are strengthening aplenty at the moment, whereas we are just stuck in limbo.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Jul 2023 09:15

YorkshireRoyal99 Sounds as if we are in need of several new faces if Saturday's result and reaction is anything to go by. Hopefully we can come to sort sort of resolution regarding the HMRC payments and any discussions with the EFL that may have been going on so we know where we are going to be for the rest of the summer, only a few weeks to go and teams around us are strengthening aplenty at the moment, whereas we are just stuck in limbo.

I'm now pretty much of the mindset that if our side v Peterborough is not made up of the players who were in Spain this week (assuming no more leave) it will be a minor miracle.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 10 Jul 2023 09:28

Stranded
YorkshireRoyal99 Sounds as if we are in need of several new faces if Saturday's result and reaction is anything to go by. Hopefully we can come to sort sort of resolution regarding the HMRC payments and any discussions with the EFL that may have been going on so we know where we are going to be for the rest of the summer, only a few weeks to go and teams around us are strengthening aplenty at the moment, whereas we are just stuck in limbo.

I'm now pretty much of the mindset that if our side v Peterborough is not made up of the players who were in Spain this week (assuming no more leave) it will be a minor miracle.

Sadly, I think there’s more likelihood of the likes of Carroll, Holmes and others leaving now. I wouldn’t blame them either.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jul 2023 09:31

Depends on relegation clauses I suspect but yeah, would be suprised if AC and Ejaria are still here for that game at the very least

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 10 Jul 2023 09:42

Yep, I was still expecting the likes of Holmes and McIntyre to leave, potentially alongside Carroll and Ejaria if we can ship him out as well. There was no sign of Mbengue or Hoilett, which may be a bit suggestive. Going to be asking a lot from our youth players this season by the looks of it, although here's hoping we can get our act together and bring some players in, because we desperately need it. That and a new owner.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jul 2023 09:53

I don't really see what a fitness exercise on Saturday has changed.

We haven't made a signing and we've lost of lot of last season’s squad. We've needed some new faces for weeks.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Jul 2023 10:18

Snowflake Royal

We haven't made a signing and we've lost of lot of last season’s squad. We've needed some new faces for weeks.

TBF I think the club may be aware of that.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 10 Jul 2023 10:20

Snowflake Royal

I think it was more a sticking point towards the players that were on the field and their performance. Obviously lacking quality by the sounds of it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jul 2023 11:07

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal

TBF I think the club may be aware of that.

Well obviously.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jul 2023 11:07

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal

I think it was more a sticking point towards the players that were on the field and their performance. Obviously lacking quality by the sounds of it.

It's the first friendly of pre season in 30 degrees after a week or so of training. Performance is irrelevant.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 10 Jul 2023 11:27

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal I don't really see what a fitness exercise on Saturday has changed.

It's the first friendly of pre season in 30 degrees after a week or so of training. Performance is irrelevant.

Not really, the result is irrelevant, but not the performance.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Jul 2023 11:43

The whole thing is a fitness exercise, performance and result are completely meaningless. Can't believe that needs to be explained but apparently it does.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Jul 2023 11:51

NathStPaul The whole thing is a fitness exercise, performance and result are completely meaningless. Can't believe that needs to be explained but apparently it does.

Very much this - especially playing 2 sides and being managed by one of the coaches.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jul 2023 12:00

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Not really, the result is irrelevant, but not the performance.

Oh dear.

644 posts