Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
dogzbollox

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by dogzbollox » 04 Jun 2012 11:01

M-U-R-T-Y Pardon my ignorance but where has talk of a 15m budget come from?

You have just beaten me to asking that, so I will reiterate it on both our behalfs...

There was an article recently in the Daily Mail that had the figure of £15m as it's headline but the text body didn't mention that figure even once so I, for one am discounting that as hearsay & lazy, fabricated journalism. If anyone has seen anything more substantial I look forward to being proved wrong.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 04 Jun 2012 11:25

sandman How have we alienated either Gylfi or Shane?

Shane maintains are very close relationship with the club, and especially with Brian McDermott. If his circumstances at WBA changed then he would jump at the chance to return to Reading, and the feeling is mutual. I gather he wants reassurances from the new manager about his first team chances, and Reading are closely monitoring the situation.

TheWearing

by TheWearing » 04 Jun 2012 11:35

Friday's Legacy
sandman How have we alienated either Gylfi or Shane?

Shane maintains are very close relationship with the club, and especially with Brian McDermott. If his circumstances at WBA changed then he would jump at the chance to return to Reading, and the feeling is mutual. I gather he wants reassurances from the new manager about his first team chances, and Reading are closely monitoring the situation.

Shane was at our promotion celebration..

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 04 Jun 2012 11:48

TheWearing Shane was at our promotion celebration..

Since he played for us last campaign he had every right to be there and claim his winners medal.

TheWearing

by TheWearing » 04 Jun 2012 12:20

TheLawnMowerMan

Since he played for us last campaign he had every right to be there and claim his winners medal.

DO you know why Brian Howard didn't get one?

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 04 Jun 2012 12:36

TheWearing DO you know why Brian Howard didn't get one?

No. I expect it was in the post, much like Manset's one.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 04 Jun 2012 12:53

TheLawnMowerMan

Isn't there a certain number of games you need to have played in order to claim one? Surely he didn't play enough............

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Jun 2012 13:03

No. The FL give a certain number of medals and you can buy more. If you had to play a specific number of games how exactly do you think McCarthy and Andersen got one?

Manset obviously didn't get one because he was in China. Long was another team's player so it wouldn't be appropriate for him to join in the celebrations, and may mean he didn't get one. Howard is the interesting one, as he actually played, was still a member of the squad, I don't think he was on loan anywhere, and yet he wasn't involved.

I can only assume he'd been told earlier in the season he wasn't required and was only still at the club as no one had wanted to sign him. So wasn't really part of the group any more.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 04 Jun 2012 13:04

TheLawnMowerMan
TheWearing DO you know why Brian Howard didn't get one?

No. I expect it was in the post, much like Manset's one.

He probably didn't want one. He wasn't involved as a player, so it must've been a bit hollow for him.

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 04 Jun 2012 13:59

Ian Royal Long was another team's player so it wouldn't be appropriate for him to join in the celebrations

I think he'd be allowed to go along on his day off. Afterall a medal is a medal, and Harte values his more than anything else he's achieved.
Admittedly Long didn't play for us much this season, but I bet he felt just as pleased as the fans did (as he seems to very much be a RFC fan) which is why he'd have loved being part of it all, and good luck to the lad.

If it had been M. Mills I'd have a totally different view of it. Thankfully he left before the season started.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Jun 2012 14:14

TheLawnMowerMan
Ian Royal Long was another team's player so it wouldn't be appropriate for him to join in the celebrations

I think he'd be allowed to go along on his day off. Afterall a medal is a medal, and Harte values his more than anything else he's achieved.
Admittedly Long didn't play for us much this season, but I bet he felt just as pleased as the fans did (as he seems to very much be a RFC fan) which is why he'd have loved being part of it all, and good luck to the lad.

If it had been M. Mills I'd have a totally different view of it. Thankfully he left before the season started.

I meant pitch side celebrations in a Reading Shirt. I'm completely unsurprised if he was actually there and was around backstage as it were. I'm sure he's delighted for his friends and former club. Still don't think he should or would get a medal, though I have no real complaints if he has.

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 04 Jun 2012 19:44

John Terry applied for his medal.

i_kingsley

by i_kingsley » 05 Jun 2012 00:22

getting closer to the 300 page mark

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 05 Jun 2012 08:57

Does anyone have a favourite page?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 05 Jun 2012 09:13

Lock this thread as all discussion is now surrounding UR&G of player transfers and the TSI takeover is complete

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 05 Jun 2012 10:05

Barry the bird boggler Lock this thread as all discussion is now surrounding UR&G of player transfers and the TSI takeover is complete

you must enjoy life, i imagine you spent this weekend taking down bunting where it might place an unnecessary stress on the architecture and trees it is tied to

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 05 Jun 2012 10:57

Barry the bird boggler Lock this thread as all discussion is now surrounding UR&G of player transfers and the TSI takeover is complete

For as long as TSI are here, this thread should remain! It should be stickied!

Stadium expansion, youth academy, training ground developments, investment etc can all go in here. Maybe put this into Policies then?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 05 Jun 2012 11:00

Dare to Dr£am
For as long as TSI are here, this thread should remain! It should be stickied!

Stadium expansion, youth academy, training ground developments, investment etc can all go in here. Maybe put this into Policies then?

What a brilliant idea. Then we wouldn't need all those other threads and could just plough our way through this single thread for ever. :oops:

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 05 Jun 2012 11:14

Is this page avalible in Hardback 1st edition?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 05 Jun 2012 11:20

I think we're just about staying within topic. We're discussing TSI's immediate impact with regards to signings etc. After the next chunk of real news, that should be it.

5145 posts