Relegation the Reading Way

542 posts
Vision
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Relegation the Reading Way

by Vision » 25 Jan 2013 15:01

It's quite touching that Dodger seems to believe that free transfers are actually gifts from the footballing Gods and don't require any expenditure from the club at all.

But then Dodger's real world is one pre Bosman where presumably Gary Alexander is the country's most sought after striker and clubs with real ambition like Bristol City flyyyyyyyyy!

Bless 'im.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 25 Jan 2013 15:20

Sir Dodger Royal Emmm. Talk about braindead:

"AZ has already spent more in the three windows since he's been here than RFC have EVER spent in 3 windows before"

Let me repeat myself for the THIRD time RFC have spent NOTHING IN REAL TERMS across Season 2011/12 & 2012/13. Net Spend = Transfer Money In - Transfer Money Out = Small Profit. RFC Facttttttt

Looks like ome RTGs are not only blind but dumb!

Real Facts from the Main Mannnnnnnnnn

how about just using the figures for the last three windows, since AZ has been spending his money on us, since that would be more relevant

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 25 Jan 2013 16:22

melonhead

"AZ has already spent more in the three windows since he's been here than RFC have EVER spent in 3 windows before"

Let me repeat myself for the THIRD time RFC have spent NOTHING IN REAL TERMS across Season 2011/12 & 2012/13. Net Spend = Transfer Money In - Transfer Money Out = Small Profit. RFC Facttttttt

how about just using the figures for the last three windows, since AZ has been spending his money on us, since that would be more relevant

What's relevance got to do with a Dodger argument?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 25 Jan 2013 16:28

Arch What has been transfer money in during the AZ era?

We got the loan fee from Shanghai for Manset, that's all that springs to mind.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 25 Jan 2013 16:43

melonhead
Victor Meldrew
melonhead and whos dead benefactor left them shed loads of money to just spunk where they like

Careful now,perhaps you shouldn't be questioning where the money has come from to financially support a football club.

but i havent asked that. ive told you.
think its relevant as it represents a massive departure from the kind of model we are operating under.
a businessman who backs the club usually has an attachment to his own money, wont want to throw it away, and would like some sort of return on it some day.
a donation from a dead man has no such constraints or strings, and can be used simply to finance the club in anyway they want.
therefore readingVsSaints spending is not a very sensible comparison. imo

There you go guessing again as if it is factual.
You haven't got a clue what the terms and conditions of the estate of the late owner of Saints are.
You regularly post things as if they are fact about £40 million here or £5 million there and because you post things things a lot you end up believing them and can't understand why other people don't just accept what you say.
Can I suggest that you have a break from posting for a while to contemplate what you post.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Jan 2013 17:18

You can say it as much as you like, but until you back it up with something more than figures plucked out of the air it's pretty meaningless given I've already given a list of transfer fees in more detail than you have that shows the opposite.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 26 Jan 2013 10:17

Ideal Come on you guys, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Dodger's actually on to something here, the fact is we haven't really spent much.
If you take into account things like inflation and all that, we spent just as much or more in the season where you guys claimed our lack of spending sank us.

And you can not have it both ways, you are claiming oh this year we spent so much on signing fees - you seem to be thinking we spent nothing on signing fees the last time.

So yeah, we've not spent any more than last time, and YES we were told we were to have an owner with DEEP POCKETS.

Where are those deep pockets?

I have to tell you I AGREE WITH SDR ON THIS ONE, we haven't seen any of that which we were promised - AND I REMEMBER ALL OF YOU LOT SAYING WE'D BE IN THE GRAVY TRAIN NOW WITH THIS NEW OWNER.

YOU ARE MOVING THE GOALPOSTS CONSTANTLY!!!!!

SDR SPOT ON AS USUAL. HAVE SOME PIZZA! YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSSSSSE

Spot on,nothing has changed,Mcdermott is still spouting the same "We Haven't Got Much Money' old tosh like all the managers before him.Where are the deep pockets Madejski was supposed to sell to?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 26 Jan 2013 10:31

Sir Dodger Royals I've completely ignored the wages and signing on fees of all these recent signings to make my point

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 26 Jan 2013 10:54

The disappearance of the infamous black hole is worth the value of a couple of big name signings. If we had two "big" names in-stead there'd be no whinging. May get "Black Hole" with 10M as the number on next season's shirt.

SapperBRoyal

by SapperBRoyal » 27 Jan 2013 21:04

melonhead
SapperBRoyal SJM claimed AZ would bring progress as his pockets would be deeper. They are not. There is no (real) money to spend, it is obvious. Quote BMcD this week: "Don't get me wrong, if I get given a load of money to spend, then I'll spend it". Instead, we will continue to pin our hopes on the occasional long-shot that comes good, or on 'has-beens' and 'never wills' in an attempt to deliver any margin back into the pockets of the owners. We all know that you don't get value in the EPL, but also that you cannot sustain a Premiership side on a Championship budget.

last time we came up john madejski spent 1.5 million quid. on one player.& that was when he actually had some money to spend on us at all.
AZ has already spent more in the three windowssince hes been here than RFC have EVER spent in 3 windows before.

just what is it about the word deeper that you dont understand

Ok, everything is relative. Got it.

SapperBRoyal

by SapperBRoyal » 27 Jan 2013 21:15

MmmMonsterMunch CHRIST ON A FCUKING BIKE THESE THREADS ARE TEDIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JM NEVER SAID AZ WAS GOING TO PUMP SHITELOADS OF CASH IN. FEEL FREE TO FIND THE QUOTE THAT SAYS IT - YOU WON'T.

WE HAVE MADE PROGRESS AS WE ARE NOT HAVING THE ANNUAL EVERYTHING MUST GO SUMMER SALE.

WE ARE ALSO IN THE MIX TO STAY UP AFTER THE USUAL SLOW START - SOMETHING WE'D HAVE ALL RIPPED YOUR ARM OFF FOR A YEAR AGO WHEN WE WERE PROBABLY 12TH IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

IF WE DON'T STAY UP THEN IT WON'T BE FOR LACK OF TRYING.

BE THANKFUL YOU SUPPORT A CLUB THAT IS TRYING TO DO THINGS THE RIGHT WAY.

:twisted:

I would agree with your last point whole-heartedly. The club are trying to do things the right way; we don't need ridiculous debt or rubbish players on huge wages. But, BMcD and NH need some decent funding to do the right business in the notoriously difficult January window. SJM said deeper pockets to get to the next level, I believe. I suspect that AZ probably knew he wasn't being brought in for his coaching prowess or tactical acumen...?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Jan 2013 10:47

Ideal I AGREE WITH SDR ON THIS ONE,

lol

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Jan 2013 10:56

Victor Meldrew
melonhead
Victor Meldrew Careful now,perhaps you shouldn't be questioning where the money has come from to financially support a football club.

but i havent asked that. ive told you.
think its relevant as it represents a massive departure from the kind of model we are operating under.
a businessman who backs the club usually has an attachment to his own money, wont want to throw it away, and would like some sort of return on it some day.
a donation from a dead man has no such constraints or strings, and can be used simply to finance the club in anyway they want.
therefore readingVsSaints spending is not a very sensible comparison. imo

There you go guessing again as if it is factual.
You haven't got a clue what the terms and conditions of the estate of the late owner of Saints are.
You regularly post things as if they are fact about £40 million here or £5 million there and because you post things things a lot you end up believing them and can't understand why other people don't just accept what you say.
Can I suggest that you have a break from posting for a while to contemplate what you post.

really coudont care what you think, or anyone else. im not posting to convert people to my way of thinking.
& you need to stop reading things into posts that arent there.

never said my 40 million was anything other than a figure i plucked from the air. and not only that i pretty much said so every time i mentioned it.
never said i knew the terms of the saints donation, but what is definitely true is that a trust fund donated by a dead business man isnt interested in making a profit. and is a very different business model to ours, so doesnt really bear comparison.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 28 Jan 2013 11:53

Victor is NFA's grand-dad.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 28 Jan 2013 11:57

Why's Dodger still here? He normally goes back to his hole when we pick up our form, the fvcking spanner

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 28 Jan 2013 12:17

Royal With Cheese Victor is NFA's grand-dad.

Don't rub it in RWC-you know that my little boy is a devoted Chelsea fan.
As if that weren't bad enough........

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 28 Jan 2013 15:34

Silver Fox Why's Dodger still here? He normally goes back to his hole when we pick up our form, the fvcking spanner

Maybe when we move out of the relegation zone he will disappear...

I will ignore him until then. :lol:

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 01 Feb 2013 10:04

QPR spend £100 M on two players in terms of transfer fees and future wages (Guardian article today).

Reading FC spends £3.3M plus wages on four promising players. We supposedly made some big bids but not sufficient to actually land the players. It is the Reading way.

And for one I think it might just work and we will finish above QPR this season. And if QPR go down it could well be a case of Pompey all over again. Well done Harry.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 01 Feb 2013 10:10

andrew1957 QPR spend £100 M on two players in terms of transfer fees and future wages (Guardian article today).

Reading FC spends £3.3M plus wages on four promising players. We supposedly made some big bids but not sufficient to actually land the players. It is the Reading way.

And for one I think it might just work and we will finish above QPR this season. And if QPR go down it could well be a case of Pompey all over again. Well done Harry.

The media keep pointing to the Sky money goin up as clubs desperately try to stay in the division....

Even if the Sky money goes up to 60 million next season it's been basically eaten for the next two years on two players for QPR.

:shock:

Esteban

by Esteban » 01 Feb 2013 10:15

£10m bid for Sigurdsson put in a few days ago and it doesn't sound as though it was a lack of money that cost us with that one.

542 posts