#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2710 posts
Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: “ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group v2.2

by Loafer » 07 Aug 2023 15:22

Zammo
NathStPaul If only the protest group hadn't deliberately ignored some of the most experienced and loyal Reading supporters there are on HNA, they might be in a much better position.

They ignored all of us, deliberately excluded us from their super fan group.

Well said. Some well-known twitter faces were still calling us who left on time out as 'traitors' and 'not caring' last night. Massively ignoring that some of us protested against Maxwell back in the 80s. The ironic thing about Club 1871 is they ignore anything that happened prior to their existence.

club 1871 need to go imo

self serving and no good for the club

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Aug 2023 15:30

Loafer
Zammo
NathStPaul If only the protest group hadn't deliberately ignored some of the most experienced and loyal Reading supporters there are on HNA, they might be in a much better position.

Well said. Some well-known twitter faces were still calling us who left on time out as 'traitors' and 'not caring' last night. Massively ignoring that some of us protested against Maxwell back in the 80s. The ironic thing about Club 1871 is they ignore anything that happened prior to their existence.

club 1871 need to go imo

Don`t you ever give up loafhead?

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 07 Aug 2023 15:50

windermereROYAL
Loafer
Zammo

club 1871 need to go imo

give up having an opinion which I am allowed to have?

i forgot, everybody here has to agree with everything :| :lol:

i bet if Dai said jump, you would all bend over backwards for him then jump off the stadium

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Aug 2023 15:57

Sutekh
Zammo

Agreed but then perhaps they felt that many on HNA might also be members of STAR and/or some of the other organisations. All the same all someone had to do was post a thread/message asking for people to contribute ideas etc. but maybe they were worried that some on here (not mentioning any names) would just get a bit negative with them for being negative's sake etc.

Let's be real, the majority of HNA regulars is about 15 people, half of which rarely go to games.

It's less representative than twitter by far. Although the average IQ is higher, despite DD and Karboot.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Aug 2023 16:01

Loafer
windermereROYAL
Loafer
club 1871 need to go imo

give up having an opinion which I am allowed to have?

i forgot, everybody here has to agree with everything :| :lol:

i bet if Dai said jump, you would all bend over backwards for him then jump off the stadium

Where did I say I supported Dai?
Your constant rants about 1871 that have been repetitive for at least 2 years are tiresome, they aren`t going anywhere, get the fuck
over it.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 07 Aug 2023 16:33

Snowflake Royal
Sutekh
Zammo

Agreed but then perhaps they felt that many on HNA might also be members of STAR and/or some of the other organisations. All the same all someone had to do was post a thread/message asking for people to contribute ideas etc. but maybe they were worried that some on here (not mentioning any names) would just get a bit negative with them for being negative's sake etc.

Let's be real, the majority of HNA regulars is about 15 people, half of which rarely go to games.

It's less representative than twitter by far. Although the average IQ is higher, despite DD and Karboot.

you may think my IQ is lower then you (it isnt), at least I dont cry at work like you

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 07 Aug 2023 16:47

All Club 1871 seem to be achieving at the moment is turning the segregated area of the South Stand into a flashpoint with away fans. Feels like little more than a club for small-time thuggery and 'football bantz'.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 07 Aug 2023 17:09

Sanguine All Club 1871 seem to be achieving at the moment is turning the segregated area of the South Stand into a flashpoint with away fans. Feels like little more than a club for small-time thuggery and 'football bantz'.

I think this video sums it up (kid's no older than 12): https://twitter.com/Bradley_PUFC/status ... 90144?s=20

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Aug 2023 17:13

Sanguine All Club 1871 seem to be achieving at the moment is turning the segregated area of the South Stand into a flashpoint with away fans. Feels like little more than a club for small-time thuggery and 'football bantz'.

Don't think that's true at all. Peterborough fans have a dodgy reputation as knuckledragging idiots and there was bugger all dished out to them at the game. And it reads like you've never sat in it and weren’t there tbh.

One round of 4-0 and you oxf*rd it up and a little bit of sit down shut up to some losers having meltdowns.

It's much less antagonistic than the days of Y25/6. There's always going to be an element of some away fans who look to start something with the home fans whoever that is.

And there's always going to be a handful of children acting up. But grown men reacting is pathetic.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Aug 2023 17:18

Zammo

I got shot down for suggesting they do something last week at the Swansea game, while people were still pissed off. Low and behold a week later it's simmered down and they wonder why no one joined in.

Also got accused of "berating SellBeforeWeDai for weeks" when (to my surprise tbf) I hadn't posted a single negative thing about them.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Aug 2023 17:28

Pepe the Horseman
Zammo

I got shot down for suggesting they do something last week at the Swansea game, while people were still pissed off. Low and behold a week later it's simmered down and they wonder why no one joined in.

Also got accused of "berating SellBeforeWeDai for weeks" when (to my surprise tbf) I hadn't posted a single negative thing about them.

you were surprised you hadn't posted anything negative about them?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Aug 2023 17:40

leon
Pepe the Horseman
Zammo

Yeh. It seemed like something I would've done, so had to check my posts.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Aug 2023 17:41

Pepe the Horseman
leon
Pepe the Horseman I got shot down for suggesting they do something last week at the Swansea game, while people were still pissed off. Low and behold a week later it's simmered down and they wonder why no one joined in.

were you disappointed when you made this discovery?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Aug 2023 17:43

leon
Pepe the Horseman
leon

were you disappointed when you made this discovery?

Yeh definitely felt like a missed opportunity.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 07 Aug 2023 18:22

Clyde1998

I think this video sums it up (kid's no older than 12): https://twitter.com/Bradley_PUFC/status ... 90144?s=20

+1

Yet I get shot down and always have for 2 years for "being a troll" because I'm not a sheep and I actually have the cognitive ability to think for myself outside the box.

Club 1871 is a danger now and is starting to become little more then a hooligan firm, and we should put an end to it immediately

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 07 Aug 2023 18:46

Clyde1998

What an embarrassing and sad watch

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 07 Aug 2023 19:23

SouthDownsRoyal
Clyde1998

What an embarrassing and sad watch

+1

I fear for somebodies life soon, only then will the club 1871 shills back down

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 07 Aug 2023 21:11

The organisation of the protest was a bit shambolic, which is understandable, organising such things is hard.

You’re basically doing the same thing as the entire entertainment industry, who spend years doing nothing more than organising events and trying to persuade people to attend them.

So if you have no experience of doing that, you will have no idea how much work is required to organise a successful protest. And most of it needs to be done over years, it simply can’t be done in a matter of a few weeks.

The current Reading fan base doesn’t have the organisations and roots in place to organise anything of any significance.

It has no fanzines
Star is essentially or organisation that organises coaches and the occasional meeting between club employees and fans.
Club 1871 is the closest to a fan organisation and it largely limits itself to support. Not sure how many official members it had and how often they meet, what they do outside games etc.
The Reading fan scene only really has one recognised pub that I can think of that is clearly a Reading FC pub.

Compare that to other clubs who have several fanzines, numerous supporters clubs independent of the clubs etc. Numerous pubs and bars.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 07 Aug 2023 21:18

Another way of thinking about this.

How many Reading fan groups do you see hang up banners or flags at away games?

Compare that to organised fan bases that have to ask their supporters groups to limit the size of their fan group flags, in order to ensure there’s space enough for them all to be displayed on the away stand fencing:

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 08 Aug 2023 08:54

Snowflake Royal And it reads like you've never sat in it and weren’t there tbh.

I've sat in it, I was there (albeit not in 1871 for this game) and have seen it plenty of times before. It has become absolutely fcuking pathetic. An embarassment. As highlighted in the video with that scrote and others around him.

Went years without seeing any real 'trouble' in the ground, but this year on multiple occasions we've had clashes with the stewards and fans of both sides on the netting. Dear me.

2710 posts