CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

5343 posts
blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

by blythspartan » 18 Sep 2024 15:39

That statement seems confident that the club is funded, but who knows for how long. It does make me wonder if Dai has received a better offer.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 18 Sep 2024 15:50

blythspartan That statement seems confident that the club is funded, but who knows for how long. It does make me wonder if Dai has received a better offer.

Yep - probably until the transfer window opens. The question of how the club is being funded and how RC was paid off needs answering.

Dai has next to no liquid cash and the Olise money will be in instalments as and when Palace are paid.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Sep 2024 15:54

Total flip of narrative. The consensus was that Dai was playing games, but Couhig held all the cards. Now he has been sent packing. Dai is a bastard negotiator and will hold out for what he wants, however unrealistic it is.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 18 Sep 2024 16:14

Elm Park Kid I used to be ITK.
But then they changed what ITK was.
And now what I know isn't ITK.
And what's ITK seems weird and scary to me.
And it'll happen . . . . to. . . . YOU!

Everything alright m8?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Sep 2024 16:21

Can we sign players again now?

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 18 Sep 2024 16:47

SouthDownsRoyal

Everything alright m8?

Well - obviously not :D :x

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 18 Sep 2024 16:50

Hound Can we sign players again now?

Based on the fact that year end accounts haven’t been submitted, no.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 18 Sep 2024 17:15

Mid Sussex Royal
blythspartan That statement seems confident that the club is funded, but who knows for how long. It does make me wonder if Dai has received a better offer.

Yep - probably until the transfer window opens. The question of how the club is being funded and how RC was paid off needs answering.

Dai has next to no liquid cash and the Olise money will be in instalments as and when Palace are paid.

Perhaps our next prospective buyer is funding us (until their deal collapses then the next one will, etc)

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

Re: UnConfimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

by blueroyals » 18 Sep 2024 17:25

Doesn't this mean the club now needs to publish the overdue accounts ASAP to avoid sanction from the EFL? IIRC they were using the pending takeover as an excuse

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 18 Sep 2024 17:47

blythspartan
windermereROYAL
Snowflake Royal I think we can expect a mass exodus in January, if we make it that long, and without a deal beijg completed.

Firstly, to fund finishing the season, and secondly I can't imagine any of the players or staff are willing to put up with this any longer.

I would think mass transfer requests will be landing on the managers (whoever that may be) desk in the coming months and will all be granted to try and get us through till May.

Who would have thought it would come to this? gutted doesn`t even come close.

Yep, I feel the same.

I wonder how Dai came up with the funds to pay back Couhig.

The sell on fee the club got from Palace when Olise went to Bayern Munich.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Sep 2024 17:47

windermereROYAL
Snowflake Royal I think we can expect a mass exodus in January, if we make it that long, and without a deal beijg completed.

Firstly, to fund finishing the season, and secondly I can't imagine any of the players or staff are willing to put up with this any longer.

I would think mass transfer requests will be landing on the managers (whoever that may be) desk in the coming months and will all be granted to try and get us through till May.

Well none of the players can go anywhere until January.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 18 Sep 2024 18:14

Hound Guess we’ll see what happens when the next wages/hmrc are due won’t we. Not far away

What a rubbish day.

When is that?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Sep 2024 18:17

It does feel different to the bad days last season. Every time last year there was anger and fight; the players, fans and staff threw everything at last season to keep the club afloat, and it looked like we'd won. The final home game against Blackpool and the opening one against Wigan felt like the end of the chapter.

I'm angry today of course, but mostly I feel resigned and defeated. We threw everything at getting Dai out and we lost. I expect performances on the pitch to tank.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Sep 2024 18:29

Jagermesiter1871
Hound Guess we’ll see what happens when the next wages/hmrc are due won’t we. Not far away

What a rubbish day.

When is that?

Wages last day of month. Hmrc week before iirc

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 18 Sep 2024 18:31

WestYorksRoyal It does feel different to the bad days last season. Every time last year there was anger and fight; the players, fans and staff threw everything at last season to keep the club afloat, and it looked like we'd won. The final home game against Blackpool and the opening one against Wigan felt like the end of the chapter.

I'm angry today of course, but mostly I feel resigned and defeated. We threw everything at getting Dai out and we lost. I expect performances on the pitch to tank.

Yeah I worry that now it will be a proper slide and the fans and players are tapped out of energy with all this

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 18 Sep 2024 18:43

Feel more every day that administration is the only way out of this and to get Dai out

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Sep 2024 18:50

Mr Angry
blythspartan
windermereROYAL

Yep, I feel the same.

I wonder how Dai came up with the funds to pay back Couhig.

The sell on fee the club got from Palace when Olise went to Bayern Munich.

I thought that's just what's keeping us afloat. Couhig reportedly put in £6m+, which is more than the Olise money.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Sep 2024 18:52

John Madejski's Wallet
WestYorksRoyal It does feel different to the bad days last season. Every time last year there was anger and fight; the players, fans and staff threw everything at last season to keep the club afloat, and it looked like we'd won. The final home game against Blackpool and the opening one against Wigan felt like the end of the chapter.

Yeah I worry that now it will be a proper slide and the fans and players are tapped out of energy with all this

I haven't watched a game this season as I've felt we've been in limbo, so other things have taken a priority. Can't imagine how the players must feel and can't be a coincidence that we played like shit just as news of the takeover collapsing was coming out.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 18 Sep 2024 18:54

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL

Well none of the players can go anywhere until January.

If we fail to pay their wages we are in breach of contract and they could walk away IIRC. IT need to be 2 consecutive months or something but I believe there is a route by which they could become free agents before Jan.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 18 Sep 2024 19:19

No way man. I’m gonna be ITK forever… forever… forever…

5343 posts