On Trial - Stoppila Sunzu

719 posts
Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

Re: On Trial - Stoppila Sunzu

by Simon's Church » 21 Jan 2013 20:34

SPARTA You lot love to worry, don't you. It's all but done. Relax and it will go through in good time.

SPARTA Reading wont go to £4m. TP's owner is renowned for being very stubborn with negotiations. I can't see this one happening.

What does your source say?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 21 Jan 2013 20:43

Simon's Church
SPARTA You lot love to worry, don't you. It's all but done. Relax and it will go through in good time.

SPARTA Reading wont go to £4m. TP's owner is renowned for being very stubborn with negotiations. I can't see this one happening.

That the quality of your posts match the quality of said player - i.e. severely lacking etc etc

Everything media wise was positive. The player himself said he would sign the contract while away on int. duty. Now Hammond backs off. Typical Reading being tight and I expect will now lose out to a much bigger club who see £4m as a bargain!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... witterfeed

Reading still hope to sign TP Mazembe defender Stoppila Sunzu after the conclusion of the African Nations Cup.

The 24-year-old was on trial at Reading last week, but had to cut short his stay to fly to South Africa to help his country's defence of their African Nations Cup title.

The Royals were impressed with the centre-back during his period with the club, with whom he also trained six years ago, and will continue talks with the player's DR Congo-based side over the next few weeks.

Director of football Nick Hammond told Reading's website: "We had a very good week with him here, we had been trying to bring him across since the summer and this was the first opportunity we had. He was here as a young boy a few years ago so it was great to see him again.

'We're very grateful to his club TP Mazembe for allowing him to train with us, they have been a pleasure to deal with throughout the entire process. Of course the same also goes for the Zambian FA who were also very gracious in allowing him to train with us so close to the start of the Cup of Nations.

'Now of course his focus will be fully on the tournament and doing well for his country, so we will continue to monitor his performances and will continue our dialogue with TP Mazembe.'

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 21 Jan 2013 20:48

SPARTA
Simon's Church

That the quality of your posts match the quality of said player - i.e. severely lacking etc etc

Everything media wise was positive. The player himself said he would sign the contract while away on int. duty. Now Hammond backs off. Typical Reading being tight and I expect will now lose out to a much bigger club who see £4m as a bargain!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... witterfeed

Reading still hope to sign TP Mazembe defender Stoppila Sunzu after the conclusion of the African Nations Cup.

The 24-year-old was on trial at Reading last week, but had to cut short his stay to fly to South Africa to help his country's defence of their African Nations Cup title.

The Royals were impressed with the centre-back during his period with the club, with whom he also trained six years ago, and will continue talks with the player's DR Congo-based side over the next few weeks.

Director of football Nick Hammond told Reading's website: "We had a very good week with him here, we had been trying to bring him across since the summer and this was the first opportunity we had. He was here as a young boy a few years ago so it was great to see him again.

'We're very grateful to his club TP Mazembe for allowing him to train with us, they have been a pleasure to deal with throughout the entire process. Of course the same also goes for the Zambian FA who were also very gracious in allowing him to train with us so close to the start of the Cup of Nations.

'Now of course his focus will be fully on the tournament and doing well for his country, so we will continue to monitor his performances and will continue our dialogue with TP Mazembe.'

:lol:

As with most of your posts that Hammond interview has been posted twice already.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 21 Jan 2013 20:57

Sure has, but not that article from the Maily Dail published this evening. :lol:

Divvy

by Divvy » 21 Jan 2013 21:18

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 21 Jan 2013 21:34

My apologies.

Thanks for all the brand new information. :|

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 21 Jan 2013 21:35

Any time. Thanks for lolz.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 21 Jan 2013 22:38

It's like having Sally Smedley as a regular poster :|

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Jan 2013 22:54

winchester_royal It's like having Sally Smedley as a regular poster :|

You've posted that twice already.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Jan 2013 23:17

Are Coventry playing?

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 22 Jan 2013 02:08

Just looking through the thread. Verdict seems out then!!

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 22 Jan 2013 03:12

Perhaps he's trying to put himself through the shop window and found out its bulletproof.

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 22 Jan 2013 08:11

TP Mazembe’s £4m evaluation of Sunzu. RFC max offer £2.5 mill. Deal Looks promising!!!!!

Squeaky to shake the Quality St Tin at random for other cheapos.

You know it makes senseeeeeeeeeee

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Stoppila Sunzu

by maffff » 22 Jan 2013 09:25

maffff So......... he's the new Bongani Khumalo?

Watched the game last night. Lasted twenty minutes - I could see the same sort of quality at Reading Town or Prospect Park.

I know the pitch was shit, etc, etc, but, erm, the back four looked pretty shaky. Churchy would have had a field day if he'd been playing for Kenya.

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 22 Jan 2013 09:34

Agree but it is only one match. May have ability and someone like Wenger over 2/3 years would develop the player. RFC need players of quality now.

Sadly Sunzu is a million miles way from playing NOW in the Premier League. Even Squeaky must see that or does he?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 22 Jan 2013 09:36

Sir Dodger Royal Agree but it is only one match

Yes. Can't compare really.

Funny how Herve Renard (sp?) is saying he should hold on for a move to a bigger team... not sure he's helping himself.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 22 Jan 2013 09:46

maffff

Funny how Herve Renard (sp?) is saying he should hold on for a move to a bigger team... not sure he's helping himself.

Would make a great film though.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 22 Jan 2013 09:50

akranes
maffff

Would make a great film though.

I'm particularly looking forward to this scene

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

Re: RUMOUR - Stoppila Sunzu

by wolsey » 22 Jan 2013 09:52

maffff
maffff So......... he's the new Bongani Khumalo?

Watched the game last night. Lasted twenty minutes - I could see the same sort of quality at Reading Town or Prospect Park.

I know the pitch was shit, etc, etc, but, erm, the back four looked pretty shaky. Churchy would have had a field day if he'd been playing for Kenya.

Why Kenya? How did they get on against Zambia?

TheRouge

by TheRouge » 22 Jan 2013 10:37

I watched the game, and I have watched a lot of the last 3 AFCONs.

The players are really hard to judge because the games tend to be furious with players recklessly bombing forward and bombing back when the ball is lost. Yesterday's game was on a horrific, uneven, bouncy pitch.

Sunzu was one of Zambia's better players, but was marking Ethiopia's best player, Salahdin - who would be a handful for anyone. The rest of his defence often went AWOL and he was isolated a few times. He was physically strong, positionally better than the rest, maybe a little overly physical at times.

Rouge verdict: Not sure.

719 posts