Next Reading Manager: Press Conference @ 9:15

2614 posts
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Next Reading Manager

by melonhead » 13 Mar 2013 12:04

Hoop Blah
melonhead pretty clear thats what happened. and i dont have any real problem with it either.
while brian had the loyalty of the crowd, you could let the results go to an extent, and hope for him to rebuild next season.
as soon as large scale booing started his position was pretty much untenable.
the atmosphere was horrible, honestly one of the most poisonously negative crowds i can remember at the madstad. booing our own players, booing everything the manager did. he couldnt really do much else imo

I can remember many more negative crowds at Reading over the years. A lilttle boo'ing was nothing compared to the "xxx Out" chants of the past for Branfort, Bullivant and Burns, the pitch invaision after the 6-1 defeat by Palace (if I've remembered that rightly), or even the build up the pants day and boo'ing that Pardew received.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 13 Mar 2013 12:06

MmmMonsterMunch
mr_number
melonhead im sure we will.
but that still wont erase this shameful stain from our history.

Agreed. I'm more depressed about this today than I was yesterday.

I loved Brian & was a fully fledged member of the 'Calm Thread' but am actually quite excited for next season now whereas I wasn't a few days ago.

Lets be honest if we went down with him we'd have probably started badly in August, the vibes would be even more negative & then he'd end up with the boot after the transfer window closed meaning the new guy was stuck with what he had until Jan.

The writing was on the wall & I see no benefit to any party dragging it out. Tis sad but true.

possibly true
i partly agree
still a shameful end imo

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Mar 2013 12:07

Rodgers got some terrific stick. Not at the Mad Stad, but in particular 4-1 away at QPR got pretty nasty. and rightly so, useless cock end.

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 13 Mar 2013 12:16

Ian Royal Rodgers got some terrific stick. Not at the Mad Stad, but in particular 4-1 away at QPR got pretty nasty. and rightly so, useless cock end.

He's not useless though is he.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 13 Mar 2013 12:25

Like I said on another thread, I reckon Anton did this with a heavy heart & waited as long as he felt he could. He genuinely wanted Brian to succeed IMO & wasn't waiting to pounce far from it.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 13 Mar 2013 12:26

agreed

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 13 Mar 2013 12:27

There is a small, possibly slightly twisted piece of me that is warming to the idea of PDC just for the sheer mentalness of it.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 13 Mar 2013 12:29

With Dick Advocaat - is there something regarding his contract? Can't see why he would leave PSV for us.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 13 Mar 2013 12:30

MmmMonsterMunch There is a small, possibly slightly twisted piece of me that is warming to the idea of PDC just for the sheer mentalness of it.

He'd be at least as mental as some of our fans.

I'm still not sure that's a good thing.

If Anton wants to raise the profile of the club - it's got to be either Advocaat or Di Caneo.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 13 Mar 2013 12:36

Royal With Cheese
MmmMonsterMunch There is a small, possibly slightly twisted piece of me that is warming to the idea of PDC just for the sheer mentalness of it.

If Anton wants to raise the profile of the club - it's got to be either Advocaat or Di Caneo.

The Reading players would be crapping it when he turned up at Hogwood for the first time. Hahaha. He could definitely have the short term bounce effect that's for sure.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 13 Mar 2013 12:41

MmmMonsterMunch
Royal With Cheese

The Reading players would be crapping it when he turned up at Hogwood for the first time. Hahaha. He could definitely have the short term bounce effect that's for sure.

Or, it might be a disaster seeing as it's the polar opposite to BM's way of work. This is one of the key risks with a PDC appointment for me.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 13 Mar 2013 12:43

Agree - it's a huge risk. One that I probably wouldn't take.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 13 Mar 2013 13:12

Odds on Di Canio have suddenly gone from evens to 3:1 with RDM new favourite .... let's hope they know something we don't!

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 13 Mar 2013 13:17

The key he needs to recognise is Evolution not Revolution.

Brendan Rodgers appointment as an attempt to modernise things was too much too fast.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 13 Mar 2013 13:19

ZacNaloen The key he needs to recognise is Evolution not Revolution

Thanks Alan

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 13 Mar 2013 13:20

:?

mumbo-jumbo

by mumbo-jumbo » 13 Mar 2013 13:26

Talk to me about Gus Poyet. The man. His style. His potential. What we could expect from him. Would he be a good choice and 'exciting'enough? I genuinely know very little about him but he seems to be becoming more talked about as a real contender.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 13 Mar 2013 13:27

Maguire
ZacNaloen The key he needs to recognise is Evolution not Revolution

Thanks Alan

:lol:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 13 Mar 2013 13:29

MmmMonsterMunch Like I said on another thread, I reckon Anton did this with a heavy heart & waited as long as he felt he could. He genuinely wanted Brian to succeed IMO & wasn't waiting to pounce far from it.

Hence why (if he was going to do it at all) he made the decision 3 months too late? The kindest thing you can say is that it is dithering idiocy from AZ.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 13 Mar 2013 13:29

floyd__streete
MmmMonsterMunch Like I said on another thread, I reckon Anton did this with a heavy heart & waited as long as he felt he could. He genuinely wanted Brian to succeed IMO & wasn't waiting to pounce far from it.

Hence why (if he was going to do it at all) he made the decision 3 months too late? Dithering idiocy from AZ.

You can argue for both sides. I'd rather he did it now than in June TBH.

2614 posts