#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2721 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: “ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group v2.2

by Sutekh » 08 Aug 2023 09:09

Loafer
SouthDownsRoyal
Clyde1998 I think this video sums it up (kid's no older than 12): https://twitter.com/Bradley_PUFC/status ... 90144?s=20

What an embarrassing and sad watch

+1

I fear for somebodies life soon, only then will the club 1871 shills back down

I remember the days when the fans used to taunt Peterborough with the chant "you're posh but you're not royal". Now you just get an 11 year old mouthing off :roll: Where's the wit these days?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 09 Aug 2023 14:46

Clyde1998
Sanguine All Club 1871 seem to be achieving at the moment is turning the segregated area of the South Stand into a flashpoint with away fans. Feels like little more than a club for small-time thuggery and 'football bantz'.

I think this video sums it up (kid's no older than 12): https://twitter.com/Bradley_PUFC/status ... 90144?s=20
You want to be careful mocking the Reading Ultra's, you might bump into them at a game, assuming it isn't a school night and their parents let them come.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Aug 2023 16:30

Think Dai deserves a lot of credit for last night.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 09 Aug 2023 16:58

Pepe the Horseman Think Dai deserves a lot of credit for last night.

As does Kia, three of his clients playing well, one of whom scoring and another one as captain.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Aug 2023 22:38

Forbury Lion
Clyde1998
Sanguine All Club 1871 seem to be achieving at the moment is turning the segregated area of the South Stand into a flashpoint with away fans. Feels like little more than a club for small-time thuggery and 'football bantz'.

I think this video sums it up (kid's no older than 12): https://twitter.com/Bradley_PUFC/status ... 90144?s=20
You want to be careful mocking the Reading Ultra's, you might bump into them at a game, assuming it isn't a school night and their parents let them come.

Don’t think there’s much in the way of “parenting” going on tbh.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 10 Aug 2023 14:09

CountryRoyal
Forbury Lion
Clyde1998 I think this video sums it up (kid's no older than 12): https://twitter.com/Bradley_PUFC/status ... 90144?s=20

Don’t think there’s much in the way of “parenting” going on tbh.
Good point.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 25 Aug 2023 12:05

Guess we can close this thread then. We’ve made a couple of signings and paid a tax bill and it’s all gone quiet. Assume everyone is placated now. Happy days. We move on. Everyone’s #Dai in now?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 25 Aug 2023 12:09

Brogue Guess we can close this thread then. We’ve made a couple of signings and paid a tax bill and it’s all gone quiet. Assume everyone is placated now. Happy days. We move on. Everyone’s #Dai in now?

This was always going to happen wasn't it? We are doing well and the ownership issues are all forgotten.

You get the feeling it was the usual suspects making a big song and dance to get the attention on themselves rather than the cause itself, any other clubs supporters would still be pushing the agenda and making the effort to remove the owner.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Aug 2023 12:36

Think I'll still be keen for him to move on, or at least secure a decent bit of investment.

Wasn't one of those worrying about liquidation anyway and don't think he is this pantomime villain a lot are making him out to be.

Will also be interesting to see if things ease now the legal proceedings into his company are being resolved.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 25 Aug 2023 12:44

Hendo Think I'll still be keen for him to move on, or at least secure a decent bit of investment.

Wasn't one of those worrying about liquidation anyway and don't think he is this pantomime villain a lot are making him out to be.

Will also be interesting to see if things ease now the legal proceedings into his company are being resolved.

Indeed. Well I’ve been #dai in throughout. I think he’s learned his lesson and he will be a good owner going forward

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Aug 2023 12:45

Brogue
Hendo Think I'll still be keen for him to move on, or at least secure a decent bit of investment.

Indeed. Well I’ve been #dai in throughout. I think he’s learned his lesson and he will be a good owner going forward

Isn't that because you're actually Dai himself?!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Aug 2023 12:50

I know it's still very early days but the last 12 pages of the New Manager Speculation thread is fcuking hilarious.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Aug 2023 13:15

Brogue Guess we can close this thread then. We’ve made a couple of signings and paid a tax bill and it’s all gone quiet. Assume everyone is placated now. Happy days. We move on. Everyone’s #Dai in now?

GTFO.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Aug 2023 14:08

The Sell Before We Dai group Twitter has posted today - they have been talking to the Council about making the stadium an asset of community asset, which would make it difficult for the ground to be sold off by Dai unless it remains a stadium without giving the local community 6 months to buy it first.

So yes, it may seem quiet but the group are doing things to try and protect the clubs future as there is only so much you can do to try and make a private individual sell something they own - even more so if they are looking for investment.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Aug 2023 14:18

Stranded The Sell Before We Dai group Twitter has posted today - they have been talking to the Council about making the stadium an asset of community asset, which would make it difficult for the ground to be sold off by Dai unless it remains a stadium without giving the local community 6 months to buy it first.

So yes, it may seem quiet but the group are doing things to try and protect the clubs future as there is only so much you can do to try and make a private individual sell something they own - even more so if they are looking for investment.

That's goo to hear and I certainly think a step in the right direction.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Aug 2023 14:22

Hendo
Stranded The Sell Before We Dai group Twitter has posted today - they have been talking to the Council about making the stadium an asset of community asset, which would make it difficult for the ground to be sold off by Dai unless it remains a stadium without giving the local community 6 months to buy it first.

Could get us out of a sticky situation in the future.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 25 Aug 2023 14:37

Pepe the Horseman
Hendo

:D

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Aug 2023 14:45

Pepe the Horseman
Hendo

If it does, I hope we all have a House Party.

BLOBBY, BLOBBY, BLOBBY

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Aug 2023 15:51

Also confirmed that RBC have a covenant on the land where there stadium is, meaning it can only ever be used for a stadium. An application can be made to change it but it would be opposed by the council.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 25 Aug 2023 16:27

Stranded Also confirmed that RBC have a covenant on the land where there stadium is, meaning it can only ever be used for a stadium. An application can be made to change it but it would be opposed by the council.

It would be almost impossible for anyone to build anything of note on the site now anyway due to the expansion of the Detailed Emergency Planning Zone around AWE Burghfield in 2020(?) following the passage of the Radiation (Emergency Preparedness and Public Information) Regulations 2019. AWE Burghfield's zone was expanded from 1.5km to 3.16km, which took in the site including the Madejski Stadium.
Apparently when the club upgraded the media facilities about ten years ago, the planning permission for that was combined with the stadium expansion plans. As we've started the work we got planning permission for, we can complete the stadium expansion whenever (although only to the existing plans) - for anyone wondering.

2721 posts