CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

5408 posts
traff

Re: CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

by traff » 21 Sep 2024 14:09

Lower West
Armadillo Roadkill
WestYorksRoyal Would recommend the latest 1871 podcast, much more perspective and a break from conspiracy theories and doom mongering. Dellor certainly backs up the theory that Couhig never matched Dai's expectations, though it begs the question how he progressed so far.

I certainly felt more positive after listening.

The interview with Tim was really good - and like you say, it seems Dai is more involved in the process than we had assumed, Couhig not as blameless as we all perhaps thought, and we might even have dodged a bullet.

If Dai can fund the club with no more missed deadlines / wages and find a credible buyer with the funds to take the club forward, we will perhaps look back at him a bit more kindly in future years.

What's Dai funding the club with though? Highly likely his remaining assets are frozen.

Philanthropic vibes with a hint of altruistic sparkle.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Sep 2024 14:18

traff
Lower West
Armadillo Roadkill
The interview with Tim was really good - and like you say, it seems Dai is more involved in the process than we had assumed, Couhig not as blameless as we all perhaps thought, and we might even have dodged a bullet.

If Dai can fund the club with no more missed deadlines / wages and find a credible buyer with the funds to take the club forward, we will perhaps look back at him a bit more kindly in future years.

What's Dai funding the club with though? Highly likely his remaining assets are frozen.

Dai's family I believe have helped him out.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Sep 2024 14:37

Sutekh
traff
Lower West

Dellor suggesting that on BBCRB, too. Who knows what the situation is in China? It's all rumours, but money was also found to pay Couhig.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 21 Sep 2024 15:39

Sutekh
traff
Lower West

His actual family or just his friends he refers to as 'fam'?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Sep 2024 15:40

Winston Biscuit
Sutekh
traff

His actual family or just his friends he refers to as 'fam'?

Tim mentioned nephews or something.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2024 15:54

Armadillo Roadkill
WestYorksRoyal Would recommend the latest 1871 podcast, much more perspective and a break from conspiracy theories and doom mongering. Dellor certainly backs up the theory that Couhig never matched Dai's expectations, though it begs the question how he progressed so far.

I certainly felt more positive after listening.

:|

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Sep 2024 15:57

Sutekh
traff
Lower West

I'd like his family to help him fcuk off out of the club. I don't give a shit what he wants for RFC he's overseen years of steady decline. This week was the crowning glory of his utterly incompetent ownership.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2024 16:04

leon
Sutekh
traff

I'd like his family to help him fcuk off out of the club. I don't give a shit what he wants for RFC he's overseen years of steady decline. This week was the crowning glory of his utterly incompetent ownership.

Preach

5408 posts