Jason Roberts...Do you sometimes find him annoying?!

1019 posts
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Jason Roberts...Do you sometimes find him annoying?!

by melonhead » 25 Oct 2012 17:34

ZacNaloen Yeh a lot of words there said with confidence, but I still haven't heard a valid justification of boycotting Kick it out's week.

In fact with everything he's said, particularly those newspaper columns that came out this week just shows me that his boycott of kick it out wasn't a noble sacrifice. It's petulant friendly fire. He could have sparked the same conversations by airing his opinions via the media exposure football and his radio activities give him.

And I reckon clarke carlisle probably agrees with that.

clarke definitely disagrees with roberts, and thinks it could have been aimed better,
but also conceded he doesnt think it would have had quite the same impact, if theyd just talked about the issue.
the action has forced teh issue, and made people take notice

i guess roberts thinks the end justifies the means. he attacked the PFA and FA through KIO, and it seems to have achieved many of his goals in doing so.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 25 Oct 2012 17:35

Stuboo
ZacNaloen Yeh a lot of words there said with confidence, but I still haven't heard a valid justification of boycotting Kick it out's week.

In fact with everything he's said, particularly those newspaper columns that came out this week just shows me that his boycott of kick it out wasn't a noble sacrifice. It's petulant friendly fire. He could have sparked the same conversations by airing his opinions via the media exposure football and his radio activities give him.

And I reckon clarke carlisle probably agrees with that.

Agrre Zac. At one point Roberts said not wearing the t shirts wasn't a criticism of kick it out then he went on to say they have to do better. Which is it? He is brilliant at giving wooly answers and fobbing peolle off, avoiding criticism which he deserves and staying teflon coated. I like Roberts, but his decision to attack KIO and to not apologise or give a genuine reason forvacting that way has damaged his reputation in my eyes.

i think his problem is(from what ive read in print) that he doesnt think that while they take nearly all their funding from the PFA/FA/Premiere league,its pretty clear that they arent ever going to be in a position to criticise those organisations openly.

which is a decent point in some respects

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 25 Oct 2012 22:11

YEAH! Watch your fcuking mouth E-P.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 25 Oct 2012 22:26

Alexander Litvinenko But we live in a soundbite, low-attention span, publicty-driven world, and he's very media-savvy.

A criticism of KIO wouldn't have got any coverage - there's no "angle" for the media to take any interest in it. Instead he's turned this into an issue that's still being discussed.

And, whatever the public side of things, he has completely the right as an individual to decide which organisations he does or doesn't personally endorse.

Got to agree with Dirkers here. Think Jason pretty much knew what he was doing. He's every right to express that opinion too. Not sure how anyone can find one of our most accomplished, articulate players being annoying to be honest.

For the Siege and Ideal... perhaps you didn't understand that my dig was at your laughable stances rather than pointless abuse. I can't be arsed to debate with either of you. I'm not up to it. It wasn't abuse for the sake of it. I was taking the piss out your viewpoints in the shortest form I could be bothered too. I feel I need to explain that because you clearly didn't understand.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 25 Oct 2012 22:43

TheSiege
Para Handy
Alexander Litvinenko But we live in a soundbite, low-attention span, publicty-driven world, and he's very media-savvy.

A criticism of KIO wouldn't have got any coverage - there's no "angle" for the media to take any interest in it. Instead he's turned this into an issue that's still being discussed.

And, whatever the public side of things, he has completely the right as an individual to decide which organisations he does or doesn't personally endorse.

Got to agree with Dirkers here. Think Jason pretty much knew what he was doing. He's every right to express that opinion too. Not sure how anyone can find one of our most accomplished, articulate players being annoying to be honest.

For the Siege and Ideal... perhaps you didn't understand that my dig was at your laughable stances rather than pointless abuse. I can't be arsed to debate with either of you. I'm not up to it. It wasn't abuse for the sake of it. I was taking the piss out your viewpoints in the shortest form I could be bothered too. I feel I need to explain that because you clearly didn't understand.

Um yeah, it was a dig was it? Oh God, anyone with brains on this site please self-immolate! Para-handjive, with his IQ of more than 21 is telling the rest of us what is happening. Ha, ha-ha-ha, HA_HA_HA_HA_HA - humour gets louder!

Really, you're not doing yourself any favours are you. Are you only on here when you're pissed or something? Please PM me all your Para prefixed jokes in one go because I'm sure a) everyone is bored of them and b) we've all got access to a dictionary. Failing that please liaise with Ideal because you two twats are getting repetitive.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 25 Oct 2012 22:49

Well this is fun.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Oct 2012 22:50

TheSiege are you the poster known as Ideal?

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 25 Oct 2012 22:59

Well The Siege is certainly ripping me a new one.

P.S. Gorgeous, I passed the 11+

sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

by sputnik » 25 Oct 2012 23:07

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 25 Oct 2012 23:10

TheSiege
Para Handy Well The Siege is certainly ripping me a new one.

P.S. Gorgeous, I passed the 11+

Recently?

Yeah last week. Which clearly makes me a) older than you and b) more intelligent..

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Oct 2012 23:11

TheSiege
leon TheSiege are you the poster known as Ideal?

Leon, Are you an RFC supporter who sticks with them through thick and thin? Do you understand football in all of it's strange guises? Will you support the team through thick and thin but, still have the temerity to occassionally say - I think we could have done better there.

If the above is true, you are a brother of TheSiege, I have no clue who Ideal is but, He will put his views on the line and I can accept that! Most people on this site just wait for the decent people to talk - and then try ineptly to trash what they say! Anyone who says it like they believe it is - is a friend!

Who are you?

That's a yes then.

and I'm no brother of you, cunt.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 25 Oct 2012 23:14

leon
TheSiege
leon TheSiege are you the poster known as Ideal?

Leon, Are you an RFC supporter who sticks with them through thick and thin? Do you understand football in all of it's strange guises? Will you support the team through thick and thin but, still have the temerity to occassionally say - I think we could have done better there.

If the above is true, you are a brother of TheSiege, I have no clue who Ideal is but, He will put his views on the line and I can accept that! Most people on this site just wait for the decent people to talk - and then try ineptly to trash what they say! Anyone who says it like they believe it is - is a friend!

Who are you?

That's a yes then.

and I'm no brother of you, cunt.

I'd fist bump ya but I fear it may encourage the mad bastard to go on, and on, and on, about real Reading fans loving the team etc. Mad as box of snakes.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 25 Oct 2012 23:26

TheSiege Para-whatever, you are not even writing English now - give up!

Yes, I'm going to. Parody accounts are usually funny. You're not funny and your opinions aren't either. Hugs tho.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Oct 2012 23:35

Para Handy
TheSiege Para-whatever, you are not even writing English now - give up!

Yes, I'm going to. Parody accounts are usually funny. You're not funny and your opinions aren't either. Hugs tho.

:D tbf what do you expect from Breivik

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Oct 2012 00:07

TheSiege Malonhead, Leon is apparently a racist!

i think you might be educationally subnormal. please don't bother to respond, it will just reinforce my previous sentence, and i'll start feeling guilty about having a go at the retarded.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 26 Oct 2012 09:25

Can the mods wade into this and get rid of all the pathetic posturing and name-calling?

There is a serious discussion somewhere, struggling to make itself heard under all the childishness and abuse.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 26 Oct 2012 09:56

Alexander Litvinenko Can the mods wade into this and get rid of all the pathetic posturing and name-calling?

There is a serious discussion somewhere, struggling to make itself heard under all the childishness and abuse.

Agreed. I tried to start up a separate thread to discuss what JR had said this week, but it was deleted because it replicated this thread (I assume). This kind of thread will just put people off posting on this board or joining the forum at all.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Oct 2012 10:16

melonhead regarding black unions, or black only sections within other unions i note from interviews today, that the police, fire brigade, lawyers/barristers all have them, and they, after much the same consternation initialy, are acknowledged to have been very helpful in bringing about much needed change in those institutions, and resulting in increases in black participation and achievement more closely linked to their % within the population than they were before

Interesting point, although I think those organisations have probably been fighting for a long period in under represented industries. With something like 25% of players being 'BME' I don't think there are the same issues in football for the PFA to address.

Boardrooms might be slightly different, although I think BME representation isn't all that bad compared to the 2.5% figure that's banded about (no idea if that's accurate though). The only thing that appears to be out of sync is that the conversion of players to managers isn't great (how many of those BME players are short term residents in the UK and not hanging around for management opportunites I have no idea). I understand that being cause for concern, but it really is a long battle to fight to correct that, and I just don't think (like Clarke Carlisle) that this protest is doing them any favours in addressing it.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 26 Oct 2012 10:22

The Mods need to look more and the Posters and not the Posts and start banning a few if them.
(Waits for fcuk off newbie)

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 26 Oct 2012 10:29

TheSiege Message to Melonhead. I have no idea why this racial thing affects you so but:-
1/ Look back over the vast football footage to see white players abusing everyone whilst black players are all total gentlemen.
2/ Look at how many black Asian peadophile rings are currently in court for preying on white teenagers.
3/ Look at the whole Terry thing and tell me that Ferdinand's tweet about Cole was not the most racist.
4/ Look at all of the decent white working people who have been abused by black footballers in bars, nightclubs etc. because they are not rich, whilst moronic black footballers are!
5/ Look at all of the white footballers who have recently been sent to court for assaulting the Police - Oh, sorry, he was black!

I have the greatest respect for all of these black footballers who are oppressed by £200,000 a week salaries and a media presence that I do not, as an englishman, enjoy.

The black footballers in this country are, indeed , seriously disadvantaged. White families, with children that they ca'nt feed due to the huge amount of financial migrants in this country, will obviously give them their full support!

lol- it effects me, cos it effects everyone in society, and i think its a cancer on the country that i love.

1.massive lol at thinking that black and white players habits of general abuse equates in any way to racism or the effect it has
2.people abusing teenagers is awful. the colour of either side makes no difference
3. both about the same, im not Trying to distinguish between reacism though, its all bad.
4. what has teh colour of their skin got to do with anything? abuse of everyone isnt very nice, and should be avoided.
5.assault is a crime, whats teh skin colour got to do with anything?
-does a black player earning 200,000 mean its ok to abuse him racialy or oterwise? does it mean he should just sit back and accept it?
your points are laughable, and pick you out as one of the racist to the core bigots ive been talking about on this thread when i say they dont have to do nazi salutes and attack black people violently to be a dangerous racist curse on our whole society.
thats you that is.

1019 posts