Reading v WBA - Match thread sponsored by "Sean" Long

656 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Reading v WBA - Match thread sponsored by "Sean" Long

by Ian Royal » 12 Jan 2013 17:51

How did we get lucky with the penalty? Olssen clotheslined Kebe after he'd touched the ball on, but with his leg across the chest, rather than the traditional arm.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 12 Jan 2013 17:52

TBM LOL @ Dellor when Pog scores

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOjuTu39bOY

Fecking hilarious.

And lol at all the wrist slitting on here before 80 mins

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 12 Jan 2013 17:53

John Peel We deserved that win. I think people are forgetting, or maybe they don't know if they weren't there, that WBA should have been down to 10 men for a second yellow in the first half. If their defender hadn't already received one, the ref almost certainly would have given it.

I disagree. We simply didn't deserve that win. That made it all the more sweeter. We have not come from behind this season at all let alone in such a convincing way. We applied the pressure for once and kept chipping away and for once it came off.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 12 Jan 2013 17:54

John Peel We deserved that win. I think people are forgetting, or maybe they don't know if they weren't there, that WBA should have been down to 10 men for a second yellow in the first half. If their defender hadn't already received one, the ref almost certainly would have given it.

That doesn't necessarily mean we deserved to win. Pearce shoved Lukaku when through on goal in the first half and on another day Lukaku could have gone down - Pearce could have seen red and given away a penalty.

The point is we were lucky not to be 4-0 down on 80mins. Quite how we have pulled it off is nothing short of a miracle!

Roll your sleeves up lads, there's a long way to go. But if you can play like those final 10mins consistently, or more often than not, then we stand a very good chance.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jan 2013 17:55

royalexile

I disagree. We simply didn't deserve that win. That made it all the more sweeter. We have not come from behind this season at all let alone in such a convincing way. We applied the pressure for once and kept chipping away and for once it came off.

Agree. West Brom could easily have scored 5 before we managed to equalise. Not including offsides.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 12 Jan 2013 18:01

Ian Royal
royalexile

Agree. West Brom could easily have scored 5 before we managed to equalise. Not including offsides.

But they didn't 8)

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 12 Jan 2013 18:02

edinburghroyal Who's better: us now or Derby 2007-08?

We're already 5 points better than Derby 07-08
So as far as gaining points is concerned 'us now' are significantly better

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 12 Jan 2013 18:02

LUX
Big Ern
LUX The usual Team Board wakners should be made to eat the insultingshit they've been coming out with on this thread.

No idea if we'll survive, but I have a list of posters on here who should just fck off and support Chelsea.

Go fook yourself you self rightious prick. Anyone who could say anyhing positive up to the 80th minute was either on drugs or a WBA supporter.

Yeah, you're probably my number one.

Ok, so there was nothing positive to say for 80 minutes. So why post the insulting garbage you did?

You were wrong today. Never mind, you can try again next week

In for a +1 for LUX's comment.

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 12 Jan 2013 18:07

I started watching the game at 70 minutes or so as the second WBA goal went in. Oh dear!!! Then our three goals in succession. Best 15 minutes of football I have experienced in ages. How lucky were we. Chuffed to bits. We can do this.

John Peel

by John Peel » 12 Jan 2013 18:07

Ian Royal
royalexile

Ian, I don't think it would have been that dominant if they'd gone down to 10 after 30 odd mins. Surely you agree with that point at least?

Anyway, I'm just so happy to get that win. Most enjoyable celebrations in a long time - I think probably because nobody expected it! And that's the beauty of the game.

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 12 Jan 2013 18:08

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 12 Jan 2013 18:11

Didn't realise Jem had to jump over that cross live, that dummy may have been the reason kebe was able to get there.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Jan 2013 18:13

Percy's Rocket we do not deserve to stay up unless we invest in the quality that is premiership.

That's some strange logic right there.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Jan 2013 18:15

ZacNaloen Didn't realise Jem had to jump over that cross live, that dummy may have been the reason kebe was able to get there.

If Jem did jump over the cross, then surely we are going to lose at least three points and face a fine for having 12 players on the pitch! :wink:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 12 Jan 2013 18:15

royalexile

Apart from Everton of course

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 12 Jan 2013 18:17

RoyalBlue
ZacNaloen Didn't realise Jem had to jump over that cross live, that dummy may have been the reason kebe was able to get there.

If Jem did jump over the cross, then surely we are going to lose at least three points and face a fine for having 12 players on the pitch! :wink:

^ still delirious

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 12 Jan 2013 18:25

LOL just got back & this thread is a great read.

Manchester Royal "We have the worst team and manager in the league". 15 mins later "Maybe BM can work his wonders".

Ha ha how fickle. Love it.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 12 Jan 2013 18:28

Barry the bird boggler
royalexile

Apart from Everton of course

Ah yes. :oops: but not from 2-0 down. 8) (get out clause)

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 12 Jan 2013 18:40

MmmMonsterMunch LOL just got back & this thread is a great read.

Manchester Royal "We have the worst team and manager in the league". 15 mins later "Maybe BM can work his wonders".

Ha ha how fickle. Love it.

Can u point me to where i said "We have the worst team and manager in the league" ?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 12 Jan 2013 18:52

ManchesterRoyals SORRY BUT BM HAS GOT TO GO :twisted:

656 posts