Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8685 posts
East Stand Tom

Re: Buyout

by East Stand Tom » 11 Nov 2013 12:30

paddy20
moonwalklikebas Will everyone just calm the fcuk down!

Stop making up stories and pointlessly speculating like you are 'In The Know' when actually 99% people on here know fcuk all but have to post bullshit to feel like they are contributing.

You can contribute to a debate without lying and giving false information to many who will believe it without question.

Mine are true. Agree those who speculate should say in their opinion. Not trying to be important but facts add a lot to the discussion

I'm only repeating what I've been told as I thought people might be interested you can believe it or not. But surely anyone can see there is something not right at the club at the moment.

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 11 Nov 2013 12:39

I disagree.

I think speculation after speculation after speculation from fans only fuels the fire that 'there is something wrong'

There may well be something drastically wrong but on the other hand you have to look at is a business. In business, deadlines get missed, payment terms get missed (A lot) lets not be blindsighted that in the current climate the business comes first and the fans second. Its not ideal but that's the way most clubs operate now.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 11 Nov 2013 12:41

Royal Lady
maffff AZ lined it up with the player, the board worked on a deal and were getting close to something agreeable then Adkins pulled the plug without even meeting him.

Even if this is true, it still rings alarm bells that an owner of majority shares thinks he can just bring in what players HE wants, without any consideration to the management and what they might want, considering they are employed for their football knowledge and tactical acumen. He only bought out 51% of SJM's shares, he hasn't, as far as I'm aware, put an extra penny into the club....

I don't know of or necessarily agree with the rest of what is being posted above mine, but the Adkins pulling the plug on Sissoko did become fairly common knowledge. http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/11/04 ... nderlecht/

East Stand Tom

by East Stand Tom » 11 Nov 2013 12:47

moonwalklikebas I disagree.

I think speculation after speculation after speculation from fans only fuels the fire that 'there is something wrong'

There may well be something drastically wrong but on the other hand you have to look at is a business. In business, deadlines get missed, payment terms get missed (A lot) lets not be blindsighted that in the current climate the business comes first and the fans second. Its not ideal but that's the way most clubs operate now.

Normal business practice to not be seen at your business for two months?
Normal to have a guy questioned for money laundering sitting on the board?
The more the club say nothing the more people will speculate.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 11 Nov 2013 12:47

As much as I hate the 'from what I heard', I'll go with what I did hear and pass on that Drenthe and Williams haven't been playing not because they are/were injured, but because Adkins doesn't want to play them.

This is mainly down to the fact that they are AZ signings, and not the Baird/Sharp signings, which are definitely his. Now, this is a nasty scenario (if true) to be in, as who really wants an owner to be signing up players? And if the above is true of Sissoko being an AZ signing that was voted out, was this due to the lack of success in his previous 'ventures' in Drenthe and Williams? (Not that I don't think either could do well for us personally, but neither have thus far.)

Of course, the lack of results on the pitch make everything look worse, and a few wins makes everything look rosy...but you do have to wonder what shenanigans are going on at board level if AZ is indeed trying to buy his own players. It's not something that sits well with most of us, I'd wager. Big pinch of salt, or a little one, it's a meal for pondering.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 11 Nov 2013 12:50

moonwalklikebas I disagree.

In which case this would be another reason to avoid keeping fans in the dark. Human instinct is to suspect the worst - plenty of parents brick themselves if they don't hear from their dearest. Again, not saying it's some kind of legal requirement, just that in this such event where it's hard to fathom why the club would remain silent if everything was fine, it's not a gobsmacking surprise folk will assume bad news and speculate what it may be.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Nov 2013 13:36

Agent Balti As much as I hate the 'from what I heard', I'll go with what I did hear and pass on that Drenthe and Williams haven't been playing not because they are/were injured, but because Adkins doesn't want to play them.

This is mainly down to the fact that they are AZ signings, and not the Baird/Sharp signings, which are definitely his. Now, this is a nasty scenario (if true) to be in, as who really wants an owner to be signing up players? And if the above is true of Sissoko being an AZ signing that was voted out, was this due to the lack of success in his previous 'ventures' in Drenthe and Williams? (Not that I don't think either could do well for us personally, but neither have thus far.)

Of course, the lack of results on the pitch make everything look worse, and a few wins makes everything look rosy...but you do have to wonder what shenanigans are going on at board level if AZ is indeed trying to buy his own players. It's not something that sits well with most of us, I'd wager. Big pinch of salt, or a little one, it's a meal for pondering.

Drenthe himself has been talking about his injury and said last week was his first week back training in boots etc, so unless he's in cahoots with Adkins, I don't think that's true.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 11 Nov 2013 13:37

I think it's pretty clear that there are issues regarding the whole AZ takeover, and doubts will of course be there over whether he ends up owning the whole 100%, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong as such.

The club seems to be carrying on pretty much business as usual, with or without AZ.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 11 Nov 2013 13:43

Unless he does not want potential clubs to think he has been dropped. There are all sorts of possibles, I dont know about the players so wont comment.

I do recall a time when we signed Kitson, and straight away he was injured, except that I was told, in front of a couple of others that used to post here that he was not injured and the policy at the time was not to play new signings, or they might think they would always play, so taking a bit of time would give them a chance to settle in, without being billy big bollox and expecting to play week after week.

Worked well in the long run with Kitson IMHO. But shows what is said can be a little spin, but for the right reasons for all concerned.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 11 Nov 2013 13:46

AZ out of the country is no big deal. SJM did that when TB2 was in charge and the old bloke pissed off to Malaysia to set up Auto Trader there and to avoid being taxed over here. However, the lack of openness is not great. It only adds fuel to the speculation merchants. But football has never been an ordinary business as there is so much secrecy over what is a public institution.

The thought of chairmen interfering with the selection and purchase of players is never a good thing.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 11 Nov 2013 13:46

I was speaking to a fella on the train the other day and he explained to me that there may be something up. There is an understanding though that if the deal isnt completed by a certain set date (no idea of when this is, but its still over a year away), SJM can buy the 51% of the club back for £1.

He also explained that there is some Middle-Eastern property investor who started his wealth in gold exchange interested in buying the club.

Dont know how true this is but its worth putting on here.

He had no idea what was going on with AZ though, or if hes even still interested in the club

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Nov 2013 13:52

Reading4eva I was speaking to a fella on the train the other day and he explained to me that there may be something up. There is an understanding though that if the deal isnt completed by a certain set date (no idea of when this is, but its still over a year away), SJM can buy the 51% of the club back for £1.

He also explained that there is some Middle-Eastern property investor who started his wealth in gold exchange interested in buying the club.

He had no idea what was going on with AZ though, or if hes even still interested in the club

No, it's really not.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 11 Nov 2013 13:55

Pepe the Horseman
Reading4eva I was speaking to a fella on the train the other day and he explained to me that there may be something up. There is an understanding though that if the deal isnt completed by a certain set date (no idea of when this is, but its still over a year away), SJM can buy the 51% of the club back for £1.

No, it's really not.

Well this is what I've been told. What happens if someone misses their bill deadline? It goes a couple of months before being sold to a DCA for pittance. Same principle?

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 11 Nov 2013 14:10

Agent Balti As much as I hate the 'from what I heard', I'll go with what I did hear and pass on that Drenthe and Williams haven't been playing not because they are/were injured, but because Adkins doesn't want to play them.

Interesting point that about the signings being Anton's signings and not Adkins' signings (if true).
In this country most clubs still have managers rather than coaches and it is unusual for the owner to get involved too much with signings (apart from the rare case of Abramovich with Torres and Shevchenko).
Within the big Spanish and Italian clubs, and more recently the new-monied Russian ones, it is common practice for the owner or president to buy players and say to the coach "there you are, now make this work on the pitch".
I wonder, with the newer egotistical owners, if this trend will happen more and more in our football.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 11 Nov 2013 14:16

Extended-Phenotype
Uke I invest in my football club by buying from Waitrose

Don't pretend you can afford to shop in Waitrose.

My daddy funds it

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 11 Nov 2013 14:20

Reading4eva
Pepe the Horseman

No, it's really not.

Well this is what I've been told. What happens if someone misses their bill deadline? It goes a couple of months before being sold to a DCA for pittance. Same principle?

You really have no idea what your talking about.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 11 Nov 2013 14:26

moonwalklikebas You really have no idea what your talking about.

Well I dont know... hopefully Anton will buy the rest of the club.

I thought he was pretty good :|

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 11 Nov 2013 14:52

Pepe the Horseman

No, it's really not.

What about if Anton was stalling so said "as a gesture of good faith, if I don't raise the rest you can buy it back next year for a quid"

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 11 Nov 2013 14:57

Terminal Boardom AZ out of the country is no big deal. SJM did that when TB2 was in charge and the old bloke pissed off to Malaysia to set up Auto Trader there and to avoid being taxed over here. However, the lack of openness is not great. It only adds fuel to the speculation merchants. But football has never been an ordinary business as there is so much secrecy over what is a public institution.

The thought of chairmen interfering with the selection and purchase of players is never a good thing.

You've jogged the old memory cells there TB. Wasn't he out of the country for almost a year? I think I can also remember similar 'where is he?' 'club going to rat sh*t' type moans back then.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 11 Nov 2013 15:30

nope we all knew where he was and why he was there, N Howe was in charge at the time i recall, did okay really.

8685 posts