Re: Coppells parking space

by CholseyRoyal » 13 May 2008 15:59

Apologies if this link has been put up before:-

http://www.maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk/ ... r-coppell/

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 13 May 2008 16:00

I hadn't seen that! I hadn't even spoken to Maidenhead advertiser.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 13 May 2008 16:01

Alan Partridge 50 people turn up feeling great about themselves to stand in a car parking space with not a lot to do. I'd suggest getting some hookers in

They might partake in some dogging

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 13 May 2008 16:05

2ten just said 600 people have signed up on the facebook group LOLZ

im picking crossie up, fancy going tesco first mate?!
Last edited by Sharpy on 13 May 2008 16:06, edited 1 time in total.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 13 May 2008 16:06

great!

organised public sex for all

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 13 May 2008 16:06

Has anyone invited Spencer Tunick?

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 13 May 2008 16:07

ps. conga round the ground!!!

lets all do the conga la la la la

crossie
Hob Nob Regular

by crossie » 13 May 2008 16:07

Sharpy 2ten just said 600 people have signed up on the facebook group LOLZ

If ya want, but i won't be buying anything...skint :lol: :oops:

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 13 May 2008 16:09

mug

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 13 May 2008 16:09

crossie

Bloody students. Hed enough for the GWB mask though didn't you?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 13 May 2008 16:09

Thou Voice
Thames I can't believe you lot. This is being taken way out of context. Do you not have anything else in your life other than this club?

Going down the ground to "save your little manager".

Pathetic.

Ah ha!!!

Mr Thames, to this little event you see a pathetic could be the same as a somebody who does not folllow foootball thinking it is pathetic for people to spend £1000's on tickets for their family.

This event is by no means anything being taken out of context.

Manny people on here like myself questioned Steve's abilities at times throughout this season and he showed that at the end he was not blinkered and prepared to admit mistakes. I have total respect for that and he has shown what a man he is by standing up and being open and honest.

Some people may call Thou Voice, Mr U-Turn...

...but when I set out last night to put my sign up and my hat, it is the only way we the small wheels as RFC supporters have of giving anything back.

We cannot control if our manager leaves, but at least we can let him know what we think of him by doing this.

The fans and the club ulitmately need him to bring us back up, especially now he has clear vision on what went wrong.

He is good for the players.

He is good for the club.

I believe that with him at the helm we will go up, but if we don't based on the humanity and diginaty that he has shown (even tho I can't spelll), I would sooner have him as manager next season even if we remain in the fizzy pop league.

He is a legend at RFC and he WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO LEAVE ALONE IN THE NIGHT WITHOUT ANY COMMENT FROM THE FANS...

...now Mr Thames, why don't you go back to sitting naked at your PC having a one hand shuffle over pictures you download off the internet as you are clearly a very poor forum warrior and I am better then you.

Lord have mercy upon me. This is akin to Reverand Ian Paisley turning to Catholicism.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 13 May 2008 16:10

Reading Thou Voice's posts with no mentioning to how the 'Balding Guy should go' is like a broken pencil, Pointless.

crossie
Hob Nob Regular

by crossie » 13 May 2008 16:13

Y21_Royal
crossie

Bloody students. Hed enough for the GWB mask though didn't you?

Yeah, but now my wallet's empty. Except for the £3.50 for Thursday night.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 13 May 2008 16:14

SC said at the forum he loves working at Reading but his feeling is that the mistakes he made were through his loyalty to the players and part of the problem as he sees it is that he feels he maybe "too close" to the players and therefore would find it extremely hard to be objective even if some changes were forced on him by players naturally moving on to Premier clubs.

He made the point that when Palace went down in 1994, or whenever it was, that he felt in a similar way and thought then that it was in the best interest to take his leave. He also stated that Alan Smith then came in and made three changes to the playing staff that he would never have made and Palace consequently rebounded to Premiership at the first attemp - of course whether the same effect would have been achieved by SC had he stayed at Palace will never be known.

So essentially, for Steve, the decision is simply what he believes to be in the best interests of the club.

Let's hope its a resounding I'M STAYING

ruprecht

by ruprecht » 13 May 2008 16:16

Is this just turning into a student piss-up in a car park........... if so I'm in.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 13 May 2008 16:17

Barry the bird boggler SC said at the forum he loves working at Reading but his feeling is that the mistakes he made were through his loyalty to the players and part of the problem as he sees it is that he feels he maybe "too close" to the players and therefore would find it extremely hard to be objective even if some changes were forced on him by players naturally moving on to Premier clubs.

He made the point that when Palace went down in 1994, or whenever it was, that he felt in a similar way and thought then that it was in the best interest to take his leave. He also stated that Alan Smith then came in and made three changes to the playing staff that he would never have made and Palace consequently rebounded to Premiership at the first attemp - of course whether the same effect would have been achieved by SC had he stayed at Palace will never be known.

So essentially, for Steve, the decision is simply what he believes to be in the best interests of the club.

'greed

if thats the reason, and the decisions made he'll never change his mind.
and i wouldnt want him to

at least ill have done everything i can to ensure he knows where i stand on the issue!
and been ableto say thanks a little bit for everything he has done for this club

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 13 May 2008 16:18

Readingfanman I hadn't seen that! I hadn't even spoken to Maidenhead advertiser.

Sorry to sound like I'm sniping from the sidelines (I'm working late tonight, but am in full support of your actions), but if you do can you please point out that SC is far from "beleaguered"? It's quite the opposite from where I'm sitting, he'll get 100% backing for whatever he decides to do, but the fans just want to let him know that they want him to stay. So, that's the board, the fans, the pundits and (presumably) the players all in support of him.

Beleaguered? That's just lazy, lazy journalism. :evil:

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 13 May 2008 16:18

I was talking to a Palace fan about Coppell. He said Coppell left in 1993 because Jordon had presented him with a three-year plan that was rather ambitious and Coppell decided that he didn't need that kind of pressure.

<shrugs>

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 13 May 2008 16:20

brendywendy
Barry the bird boggler SC said at the forum he loves working at Reading but his feeling is that the mistakes he made were through his loyalty to the players and part of the problem as he sees it is that he feels he maybe "too close" to the players and therefore would find it extremely hard to be objective even if some changes were forced on him by players naturally moving on to Premier clubs.

'greed

if thats the reason, and the decisions made he'll never change his mind.
and i wouldnt want him to

at least ill have done everything i can to ensure he knows where i stand on the issue!
and been ableto say thanks a little bit for everything he has done for this club

Is he going to be there?

By going to the forum last week, I got to shake his hand, thank him and wish him well whichever his decision may be. 8) ...........no cuddle though :cry:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 13 May 2008 16:22

no course he wont be there
but the flags, scarves and messages will remain for whenever he does return to the "space"
thats all i need to know

1452 posts