CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

5670 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

by Sutekh » 04 Oct 2024 11:30

Biscuit goalie Donald Trump has put in a bid of £100m It's the only way he can make himself a life President :wink:

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 04 Oct 2024 11:57

Snowflake Royal Football club worth is based mainly around division, because that dictates income. A 24k seater stadium in L1 is worth less than in the Championship, because in L1 its half empty but you've still got to maintain it fully. It doesn't have much inherent value when it's somewhat protected from redevelopment and built on a shit tip of contaminated land. Yes the contamination was cleaned to the level required for sports facilities, but that's lower than tuings like housing.

Likewise a state of the art training ground doesn't really contribute to income. Its value is basically its redevelopment potential.

As a L1 club our facilities are as much burdens as benefits.

I think the value of the stadium when it comes to the value of the club overall is in potential. Hypothetically, a new owner could come in, get back-to-back promotions and nothing (major) would need to be done to the stadium.

A large percentage of clubs in League One would be required to spend a lot on their facilities in order for them to be suitable for regular Championship (or higher) football. An extra £5-10m on the value of the club due to the stadium is probably justified, given a new owner wouldn't have to pay that or more on upgrades or a new ground once they control the club.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 04 Oct 2024 12:21

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal
Mid Sussex Royal Dellor reporting on radio that Dai is considering 4 bids in next 48 hours, 3 pre Couhig and one new.

The not so good news is that the money runs out mid November.

Very mixed news. Presumably he didn't have anything to comment on this Blue River company, so could be bollocks or they could be the 4th bidder.

The optimist in me sees no reason why it can't be done by mid November when the funding runs out, given all the due diligence is done. EFL checks will be the biggest hurdle.

£5 says the new bidder is Dai's mate just trying to push up the price for other bidders.

I can’t see it becoming an auction.
A fake bidder is more likely to drive other interest away than boost the price.
The danger with having a stooge in the auction room is they might end up being the last person I. The room with their hand raised.
If Dai owes this guy money I could see him trying to pass on the club as part of repaying the debt.
Not sure how pleased I would be if someone who owed me money offered a loss making project as repayment though.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Oct 2024 15:05

WestYorksRoyal
Mid Sussex Royal Dellor reporting on radio that Dai is considering 4 bids in next 48 hours, 3 pre Couhig and one new.

Very mixed news. Presumably he didn't have anything to comment on this Blue River company, so could be bollocks or they could be the 4th bidder.

The optimist in me sees no reason why it can't be done by mid November when the funding runs out, given all the due diligence is done. EFL checks will be the biggest hurdle.

The 'only' due diligence that has taken place is that initiated by previous interested parties. That will probably cover off all of the basic stuff. Indeed, if their lawyers and accountants did their job properly, it should. However, potential buyers may well have additional or more detailed questions that haven't been covered off. In fact, given some the the things said by one spurned potential buyer regarding their findings, reported 'very complex company structuring', the problems that arose in the latter stages of the Couhig negotiations and the subsequent collapse of what was pretty much announced as a 'done deal', I would think it highly likely that anyone who might still be interested will want to dig a lot deeper.

I dearly want to be proved wrong but I think it highly likely that a deal, if there ever is one, won't be concluded this year.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Oct 2024 15:06

Biscuit goalie Donald Trump has put in a bid of £100m It's the only way he can make himself a life President :wink:

:lol: :lol: The only funny thing in this whole miserable saga!

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 04 Oct 2024 15:17

Frankly what is happening to our soccer club is terrible. Many people have come up to me, big guys wearing XL fleeces, tears in their eyes. They're saying thank you Mr Trump for saving us from the Jynese.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 Oct 2024 15:43

Orion1871

Frankly what is happening to our soccer club is terrible. Many people have come up to me, big guys wearing XL fleeces, tears in their eyes. They're saying thank you Mr Trump for saving us from the Jynese.

EFL: Do you have a business plan?
Big Don: I have concepts of a business plan.

Biscuit goalie

by Biscuit goalie » 04 Oct 2024 16:37

Pepe the Horseman

EFL: Do you have a business plan?
Big Don: I have concepts of a business plan.

:D :D :lol:

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 04 Oct 2024 16:52

WestYorksRoyal

So three bids already binned off plus his mate?

Still reckon we'll eventually be seeing the return of Couhig with the bid "miraculously" getting accepted after an additional full stop is added to the contract.

This is just posturing by Dai

Rax

by Rax » 04 Oct 2024 19:19

Uke
WestYorksRoyal

So three bids already binned off plus his mate?

Still reckon we'll eventually be seeing the return of Couhig with the bid "miraculously" getting accepted after an additional full stop is added to the contract.

This is just posturing by Dai

To be fair, the Couhig bid being ressurected would be the best outcome, given it was green lighted by the EFL as well.

5670 posts