by Norfolk Royal » 13 Mar 2013 14:20

Stooper
Pepe the Horseman Di Canio ruled out http://bit.ly/14WiTUb

GTFI!

Throws hat into the air.

Eaststandman

Re: Next Reading Manager

by Eaststandman » 13 Mar 2013 14:21

Perhaps its just me, but if you plan to sack your manager at such a critical time, (can't believe they only just decided on the day) would you not have sorted out a planned replacement first and therefore if you have a plan, in which there is integrity and belief, why would you shy away from communicating and publishing said plan and naming the successor immediately Why are the football club keeping quiet and actually still discussing and interviewing a variety of candidates, do they really know what they are doing?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 13 Mar 2013 14:21

leicsRoyal Adkins would be a good appointment but it depends on how much he wants to screw Southampton out of.

I think it is unfair dismissal that he is holding them to account for, if that is the case and he wants as many £'s as possible out of the Saints then for the time being at least he will distance himself from any new job.
On the other hand he may balance the claim off against a new contract and being straight back into work.

I don't see why an ongoing contractual dispute or unfair dismissal would distance him from getting another job.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 13 Mar 2013 14:26

Norfolk Royal
leicsRoyal Adkins would be a good appointment but it depends on how much he wants to screw Southampton out of.

I think it is unfair dismissal that he is holding them to account for, if that is the case and he wants as many £'s as possible out of the Saints then for the time being at least he will distance himself from any new job.
On the other hand he may balance the claim off against a new contract and being straight back into work.

I don't see why an ongoing contractual dispute or unfair dismissal would distance him from getting another job.

Because any compensation that may be awarded to him would be significantly adjusted due to his employment status.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 13 Mar 2013 14:37

Just getting caught up...

So the prevailing opinion around these parts (that would be this thread) is that they fired Brian with 9 games to go and 4 points from safety for no good reason other than we were struggling and the fans got on his back the last game?

Glad to see the team's board has a plan! I guess it'll probably be Dolan for the rest of the season, provided that consensus opinion on this thread is correct, and we'll get a new permanent manager in the Summer and start retooling the squad then.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 13 Mar 2013 14:39

leicsRoyal
Norfolk Royal

Because any compensation that may be awarded to him would be significantly adjusted due to his employment status.

Hmmmm, not sure about that. Managers usually sue for what is entitled to them contractually, don't usually bother with claiming unfair dismissal.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 13 Mar 2013 14:41

Libertine Just getting caught up...

So the prevailing opinion around these parts (that would be this thread) is that they fired Brian with 9 games to go and 4 points from safety for no good reason other than we were struggling and the fans got on his back the last game?

Glad to see the team's board has a plan! I guess it'll probably be Dolan for the rest of the season, provided that consensus opinion on this thread is correct, and we'll get a new permanent manager in the Summer and start retooling the squad then.

Yeah kick a perfectly good guy up the cahonas and don't resolve the issue!

LeFondreforEngland

by LeFondreforEngland » 13 Mar 2013 14:44

I've just heard from a good source that a little known member of the backroom staff 'Eddie Dolan' has now entered the running.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... ger-latest :roll:

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 13 Mar 2013 14:45

i think the intention is for us to hire a new manager full time in the coming week or sooner and to have him assess the squad for the remaining games to see who he wants to keep and get rid of to fit his style. i highly doubt that we will wait to the end of the season to do this, that would be utterly stupid on the part of management.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 13 Mar 2013 14:51

Eaststandman

Yeah it is a good plan if one is impressed with petty vindictiveness and no foresight. Very impressive in a knee jerk kinda way. I guess knee jerk reactions for the sake of knee jerk reactions was a big part of the "5 year plan".

I feel for Brian, but I doubt he will be out of work for long. I expect him to be managing a Championship club come next season if that's what he wants to do. And he will be away from this quickly developing 3 ring freakish circus sideshow known as Reading FC...

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 13 Mar 2013 14:54

Ive been thinking about this and honestly has Adkins got any more balls than BM?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 Mar 2013 14:57

Libertine
Eaststandman

Yeah it is a good plan if one is impressed with petty vindictiveness and no foresight. Very impressive in a knee jerk kinda way. I guess knee jerk reactions for the sake of knee jerk reactions was a big part of the "5 year plan".

I feel for Brian, but I doubt he will be out of work for long. I expect him to be managing a Championship club come next season if that's what he wants to do. And he will be away from this quickly developing 3 ring freakish circus sideshow known as Reading FC...

If Anton no longer feels Brian is up to the mark then he is absolutely right to get rid of him.

I'd much rather he did that than negotiate with other managers behind his back and string him along in the meantime.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict

by Libertine » 13 Mar 2013 14:58

USA_Loyal_Royal

i think the intention is for us to hire a new manager full time in the coming week or sooner and to have him assess the squad for the remaining games to see who he wants to keep and get rid of to fit his style. i highly doubt that we will wait to the end of the season to do this, that would be utterly stupid on the part of management.

To do a "proper" search, and not just hire the first person who has managed in the past and agrees to take the job just so we can say we have a "manager", takes time. I would actually prefer at this point taking our time, developing a plan for the future, and hiring someone whom fits in with that vision. I'd rather not have it turn into a nightmare like what happened with the Wolves last season in terms of being turned down by potential manager after potential manager. Ironically enough including Brian who decided to take less to stay with us than to join something which was bordering on completely shambolic. No, at this point, I would prefer we took our time and get the right person in the job. It would make relegation, as it appears will happen, a bit easier...

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 13 Mar 2013 15:00

ManchesterRoyals Ive been thinking about this and honestly has Adkins got any more balls than BM?

More balls? Is that how you measure a manager?

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 13 Mar 2013 15:00

Norfolk Royal
Hmmmm, not sure about that. Managers usually sue for what is entitled to them contractually, don't usually bother with claiming unfair dismissal.

You are probably right.

Just seen this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... rtese.html

Adkins also rapidly moving to favourite with many bookies.
Last edited by leicsRoyal on 13 Mar 2013 15:06, edited 1 time in total.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 13 Mar 2013 15:02

The Rouge
ManchesterRoyals Ive been thinking about this and honestly has Adkins got any more balls than BM?

More balls? Is that how you measure a manager?

Could make for a rather interesting interview............."now the oral assessment is over.... trousers down".

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict

by Libertine » 13 Mar 2013 15:02

winchester_royal
Libertine
Eaststandman

If Anton no longer feels Brian is up to the mark then he is absolutely right to get rid of him.

I'd much rather he did that than negotiate with other managers behind his back and string him along in the meantime.

See, and I would have no issue if the board negotiated with another manager behind the now sacked manager's back. It would show having some kind of plan. I much prefer at least having a plan to complete capriciousness...

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 13 Mar 2013 15:03

2-2 draw

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 13 Mar 2013 15:05

winchester_royal
Libertine
Eaststandman

I was thinking about this. I agree negoti8ing behind his back is a bit of a twatish thing to do. However, this is why a sacking at this point in the season is for yet another reason MENTAL. Even if they hadn't negoti8d with someone, they should have had a list of targets fired up to go. Maybe they do. Maybe they've worked through the first few already, and no one wants to come to a team about to be releg8d. Who knows? Regardless, I'm calling SHAMBLES.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 Mar 2013 15:06

Libertine See, and I would have no issue if the board negotiated with another manager behind the now sacked manager's back. It would show having some kind of plan. I much prefer at least having a plan to complete capriciousness...

I'd have massive issue with us treating him like that, but each to their own I guess.

They will have discussed possible options before pulling the trigger, and will know what they want to do next. Just because they haven't appointed someone within 24 hours it doesn't mean there was no serious consideration that went into the decision.

2614 posts