Back from the Game - Barnsley

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Re: Back from the Game - Barnsley

by WoodleyRoyal » 26 Sep 2010 12:29

all this lack of ambition crap really does my head in

look at our first team back four when fit: Griff, Mills, Zurab, Armstrong - name me a better defense in the league?

Midfield - two of the best wingers in the div kebe Jobi - potentially one of the best center midders in jem and a better than average partner of tabb

name me a championship side that wouldn't want long and church - maybe QPR

and one of the best goalkeepers outside the prem

when we have a fully fit squad we will be a match for anyone - although losing sig is a blow we have made a step in the right direction this season from last that shows ambition to me

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 26 Sep 2010 12:32

Royal Rother
Schards#2 That is not where the vast majority of supporters want to be, hence the ongoing fall in demand.

Sorry if I'm putting words into your mouth but reading your post, by saying "vast majority" do you mean that, what, 80%+ of supporters are unhappy that financial security is at the top of the list of priorities at the moment?

Also, you seem to be suggesting that whatever measure of success has been / will be had at RFC, credit would not be down to the owner of the business unless he pumps his own money into it?

Sorry, but I think both of those would be very far from the truth.

What the vast majority would oppose is success on the pitch being an aftafterthought.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Sep 2010 12:34

I'm sure they would, but I am absolutely certain that the vast majority don't for a moment believe that to be the case.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 26 Sep 2010 12:42

WoodleyRoyal all this lack of ambition crap really does my head in

look at our first team back four when fit: Griff, Mills, Zurab, Armstrong - name me a better defense in the league?

Midfield - two of the best wingers in the div kebe Jobi - potentially one of the best center midders in jem and a better than average partner of tabb

when we have a fully fit squad we will be a match for anyone - although losing sig is a blow we have made a step in the right direction this season from last that shows ambition to me

I think you both over estimate the strength of our team and underestimate the dvision.

Not sure Cardiff are too in need of non goalscoring forwards. Or Pompey, Or Ipswich, Leeds etc etc

Better way of looking at it is how many would get into a all star Championship team?

Fed maybe
Kebe definitely
Kish maybe

That's probably it. 1 starter.

I'm with TWW1WC. We are a classic Championship nearly team at the moment. Always going to get a few good home wins, but not quite the quality away from home against the better sides to seriously push for promotion. Will end up between 7-10th. A decent centre forward who scores goals could change that.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 26 Sep 2010 12:47

not at all, name me a better back five then? name me a better wing partnership? thats 7 guaranteed

It Is What It Is

by It Is What It Is » 26 Sep 2010 13:23

Seal decent centre forward who scores goals could change that.

Until we sell him.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 26 Sep 2010 14:21

Seal

I think you both over estimate the strength of our team and underestimate the dvision.

Not sure Cardiff are too in need of non goalscoring forwards. Or Pompey, Or Ipswich, Leeds etc etc

Better way of looking at it is how many would get into a all star Championship team?

Fed maybe
Kebe definitely
Kish maybe

That's probably it. 1 starter.

I'm with TWW1WC. We are a classic Championship nearly team at the moment. Always going to get a few good home wins, but not quite the quality away from home against the better sides to seriously push for promotion. Will end up between 7-10th. A decent centre forward who scores goals could change that.

I don't see how Kish could get into an all-star championship team, as he hasn't even played a whole game for us yet this season.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 26 Sep 2010 14:38

WoodleyRoyal Midfield - two of the best wingers in the div kebe Jobi - potentially one of the best center midders in jem and a better than average partner of tabb

I can just about forgive you for suggesting Jem is one of the best CMs in the league, but for suggesting he is better than Jay Tabb you must die

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 26 Sep 2010 14:59

That was a well pleasing win, rubbish support though, i come down from Nottingham for almost every home game, the lack of support sickens me from those people that live in the Reading but choose not to come,just because we are now back playing at our level. 14k is rubbish

i would pretty much give everyone a 7/10, except Kebe who was unplayable.

Also, i was so pleased to see Armstrong back, he was so tidy in midfield, such a top pro, its like a new signing.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 26 Sep 2010 15:00

Also Robson-Kanu looks like a prospect, not only is he quick with a nice left foot, hes strong aswell.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 26 Sep 2010 15:15

Archie's penalty Listen to Robin's interview on the bbc website. He was VERY disappointed in the performance...

He also said that we should have had another sent off and that Scunthorpe beat us 3-0 on the first day of the season. Well done Mark :roll:

He also said we hadn't won for a while.......two games is a long time you know....My MaccyD out poster was ready to go up :roll: . What a total idiot Robins is......Have Scunthorpe even won 3-0 this season?

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 26 Sep 2010 15:51

toppy
bbc website But Kebe put Reading ahead when he converted Jobi McAnuff's excellent left-wing cross.

Really???

Where's this McAnuff rumour come from? Is it the BBC or Sporting Life? It must be really annoying for Robson-Kanu.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Sep 2010 16:09

WoodleyRoyal not at all, name me a better back five then? name me a better wing partnership? thats 7 guaranteed

Better keepers: Kenny, Camp, De Vries, Speroni, James
Better rightbacks: Naughton, Clyne, Rangel, Hoyte
Better leftbacks: Bertand, Naylor
Better centrebacks: Hudson, Williams, Wheater, Hall, Hill, Taylor

All depends on form and fitness but all those above, which is just off the top of my head, are probably better than ours. I happen to think our first choice back four is way and above our strongest department in the team, but to say they're 5 definites is a Championship XI is bollocks.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 26 Sep 2010 16:19

pea
WoodleyRoyal Midfield - two of the best wingers in the div kebe Jobi - potentially one of the best center midders in jem and a better than average partner of tabb

I can just about forgive you for suggesting Jem is one of the best CMs in the league, but for suggesting he is better than Jay Tabb you must die

clearly your grasp of the English language escapes you what part of the word "potentially" do you not understand :roll:
Hoop Blah
WoodleyRoyal not at all, name me a better back five then? name me a better wing partnership? thats 7 guaranteed

Better keepers: Kenny, Camp, De Vries, Speroni, James
Better rightbacks: Naughton, Clyne, Rangel, Hoyte
Better leftbacks: Bertand, Naylor
Better centrebacks: Hudson, Williams, Wheater, Hall, Hill, Taylor

All depends on form and fitness but all those above, which is just off the top of my head, are probably better than ours. I happen to think our first choice back four is way and above our strongest department in the team, but to say they're 5 definites is a Championship XI is bollocks.

and how many of them actually make up a back five in one team :roll:

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 26 Sep 2010 16:23

dantheloyalroyal Probably the best referee we've had so far this season. Apart from that Mills 'foul' he gave in the first half near the Barnsley technical area, and a couple of other minor things, he got everything spot on.

Looked as though Zurab was tugging at the Barnsley player's shirt and went on to bring him down. I'm in pretty much no doubt that it was a correct yellow card.

I agree with most of that. He was a pretty good referee all round. A little inconsistent with the advantage (but at least he tried), and he was swayed by his assistant into giving a 2nd yellow to KZ.

At least he didn't award a comedy error goal when a defender rolled the ball back to his keeper to take freekick! Oh for a comedy goal to be awarded to us by that same referee - but wait a minute .........

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Sep 2010 17:10

WoodleyRoyal
and how many of them actually make up a back five in one team :roll:

7 definites I think it was you said, so presumably in that mythical championship select side.

To answer to 'better back 5' argument, well I'd say QPR and Cardiff have better back 5s without any consideration. The likes of Forest and 'Boro as well, but more to the point how strong are their squads around those back 5s? How often will we get that 5 out on the pitch?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 26 Sep 2010 17:38

I think we would be alot better attacking wise if we played a formation like this:

.............Feds..............
Cummings Mills Zurab Armstrong
.............Karacan............
Jobi...........................HRK
..............Kebe..................
.....Hunt............Long............

Kebe being able too run at the centre of any defence or getting lay offs from the Cf's would be almost impossible too deal with.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 26 Sep 2010 17:56

Why are people so desperate to play Kebe in the middle? :|

It would never, ever work.

Anyway, cracking performance after the totally ridiculous sending off of Zurab, who was the best player on the pitch till he went off. Kebe and Cummings were other stand out performers.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 26 Sep 2010 18:18

LoyalRoyal22 That was a well pleasing win, rubbish support though, i come down from Nottingham for almost every home game, the lack of support sickens me from those people that live in the Reading but choose not to come,just because we are now back playing at our level. 14k is rubbish

Not a good crowd, although Barnsley aren't a team who'll ever stir the floating supporters into attending. It was always going to be one of our lowest of the season regardless.

Still 1000 more than table-topping QPR got though.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Sep 2010 18:30

It's not the lack of ambition crap doing your head in, it's whatever you keep smoking!

Long and Church?!! That's where the clear evidence of lack of ambition comes in. Some Championship clubs might want them to add strength to their bench but first choice?? Come off it, has any other team in this division got a pair of strikers who have scored less goals this season?

Jem is a good player but there are plenty in this division who are better than him.

BTW, not much good quoting the quality of injured players if we lack the strength in depth and are unable to field a quality player to replace them.