Cardiff in the play offs then

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Cardiff in the play offs then

by Maguire » 09 May 2011 11:19

I'd love it if we smashed that lot out of sight on Friday.

Everything's a bonus for us now, nothing to fear, nothing to lose, just go for it.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 09 May 2011 11:24

IF we had got to the FA Cup final - when would our play off games have been played

#outofinterest

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 May 2011 12:28

Pleased with Cardiff, we've been unlucky not to beat them twice and matched them in both games. We'll play up against them and I think their style gives us more of a chance than Swansea. They must be a little down having been chasing second and eventually finished 4th.

Wouldn't want to face Swansea who've beaten us twice, or Forest who've just hit form. If we can get past Cardiff then I'd fancy us to have a chance against either Swansea or Forest, but I'm still not expecting us to manage promotion.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Cardiff fans

by Sarah Star » 09 May 2011 12:42

FiNeRaIn Well if they read this, they were lucky twice against us this season and we should have beaten them twice. Goal never crossed the line at our place and scoring an equaliser that was at least 2 minutes after the amount of injury time given at theirs - laughable. Morally, we've beaten them twice this season already so not sure why they are so confident. Anything can happen in the play-offs as has been seen.

Revenge time. That's got to spur our team on.

Thames Valley Bluebird

by Thames Valley Bluebird » 09 May 2011 15:04

Sarah Star
FiNeRaIn Well if they read this, they were lucky twice against us this season and we should have beaten them twice. Goal never crossed the line at our place and scoring an equaliser that was at least 2 minutes after the amount of injury time given at theirs - laughable. Morally, we've beaten them twice this season already so not sure why they are so confident. Anything can happen in the play-offs as has been seen.

The goal at the Madjeski didn't look like it crossed the line at the time, but wasn't there a pic showing it over afterwards? And I thought we played well enough in the second half of that game to take the point to be honest.

And as for the 2-2 game - Didn't Bellamy's equaliser take place in the time added on for all the nonsense after the Reading goal - Liegertwood punching Chopra in the kidneys etc? The free kick took 2 minutes to be taken simply because of the complaints and messing around after the decision (which was within the injury time announced)

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 09 May 2011 15:05

details details!

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 09 May 2011 15:16

Thames Valley Bluebird
Sarah Star

The goal at the Madjeski didn't look like it crossed the line at the time, but wasn't there a pic showing it over afterwards? And I thought we played well enough in the second half of that game to take the point to be honest.

And as for the 2-2 game - Didn't Bellamy's equaliser take place in the time added on for all the nonsense after the Reading goal - Liegertwood punching Chopra in the kidneys etc? The free kick took 2 minutes to be taken simply because of the complaints and messing around after the decision (which was within the injury time announced)

Our team will know what happened... and never mind what the FAW said.

Thames Valley Bluebird

by Thames Valley Bluebird » 09 May 2011 15:18

Sarah Star

Ah, what happened in the tunnel afterwards? Bellamy threw a waterbottle at someone didn't he?

boycey

by boycey » 09 May 2011 15:30

Thames Valley Bluebird
Sarah Star

Ah, what happened in the tunnel afterwards? Bellamy threw a waterbottle at someone didn't he?

classy

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 09 May 2011 15:45

Thames Valley Bluebird
Sarah Star

Bellamy threw a waterbottle at Nigel Gibbs - it missed and hit Wales Striker Simon Church in the face.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 09 May 2011 15:47

This can't be true, Cardiff have irrefutable video evidence that Bellamy did nothing.

Thames Valley Bluebird

by Thames Valley Bluebird » 09 May 2011 16:07

ZacNaloen This can't be true, Cardiff have irrefutable video evidence that Bellamy did nothing.

I think the reason he didn't get charged was to do with the fact that no-one had any video evidence of anything in the tunnel.

Let's be honest, none of it was any more than handbags. Stupid nonsense.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 09 May 2011 16:10

Thames Valley Bluebird The goal at the Madjeski didn't look like it crossed the line at the time, but wasn't there a pic showing it over afterwards?

Are you taking the piss? :|

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 09 May 2011 16:25

Team will be pumped for this. After Tantrums and nearly goals, we are due it to be frank, and our boys will be unstoppable Friday.

The final however? Well...

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 09 May 2011 16:55

I've just heard that the last train from Cardiff to Reading on a Tuesday night is at 9:25pm meaning you'd have to miss the second half of the match in order to get home... just thought anyone with more than 1600 royalty points should know... :wink:

* though other methods of transport are available
Last edited by Sarah Star on 09 May 2011 17:22, edited 1 time in total.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 09 May 2011 17:13

excellent- that should make it marginally more likely ill get a ticket on wednesday then!

youre all welcome to kip on my sofa in wales if you cant get home.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 09 May 2011 17:45

Maguire I'd love it if we smashed that lot out of sight on Friday.

Everything's a bonus for us now, nothing to fear, nothing to lose, just go for it.

^ this. Shame if we cock it up but only a shame.

I'm already looking forward to next season no matter what league we're in.

Thames Valley Bluebird

by Thames Valley Bluebird » 10 May 2011 09:34

Sarah Star I've just heard that the last train from Cardiff to Reading on a Tuesday night is at 9:25pm meaning you'd have to miss the second half of the match in order to get home... just thought anyone with more than 1600 royalty points should know... :wink:

Spot on unfortunately, would you like to join my campaign for a 10.25 train? No?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 10 May 2011 11:08

Sarah Star I've just heard that the last train from Cardiff to Reading on a Tuesday night is at 9:25pm meaning you'd have to miss the second half of the match in order to get home... just thought anyone with more than 1600 royalty points should know... :wink:

That's a bit of a joke especially since 8 of us planned to take the train there and back!

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 10 May 2011 11:12

I dont really want to advertise this as was hoping to get a ticket but...

Cardiff have THE BEST parking for away fans in the world.

Away car park is right outside the away corner. About 2,000 spaces, purely for away fans as you can't get into home area from it. Its signposted off the motorway.

For the 2-2 draw I left work at 5-30, raced along the M4, waiting in a queue of home fans on the roudn down form the M4 for 15 mins but then you are signposted around the back and welcomed in by some very friendly welsh stewards. Drove right up to the ground at 7-40 and went straight in.