FAO Daytrippers

403 posts
URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

Re: FAO Daytrippers

by URZZ » 31 May 2011 00:05

The Prisoner To the OP and various ppl above - if the club is gonna grow we need new blood. We were all plastics once. Not saying everyone was great (bloke next to me may still be sat there now....was emotionless for 90 minutes), but did we really think we'd get 40,000 STHs? Where was Bill Oddie, Terry & June etc?

I accept that, but it's when day trippers comment like, "oxf*rd useless', and by that you know they won't be back.

It's just a pain in the ass, we all have to start somewhere, but you know what I'm on about.

Soul Man

by Soul Man » 31 May 2011 00:15

Stand up and support the club

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 31 May 2011 00:21

URZZ
The Prisoner To the OP and various ppl above - if the club is gonna grow we need new blood. We were all plastics once. Not saying everyone was great (bloke next to me may still be sat there now....was emotionless for 90 minutes), but did we really think we'd get 40,000 STHs? Where was Bill Oddie, Terry & June etc?

I accept that, but it's when day trippers comment like, "oxf*rd useless', and by that you know they won't be back.

It's just a pain in the ass, we all have to start somewhere, but you know what I'm on about.

I do. If we have converted even a couple of 100 then today is a step in the right direction tho. It was a bit soul destroying watching Swansea fans celebrate and getting nothing from the people round me.

fester_royal

by fester_royal » 31 May 2011 00:25

URZZ Oh and to those day trippers saying "it's only a game"... feck off.

Do you know many women or non football followers? I do and they say that to me all the effing time... Makes me somewhat anti social to them that phrase

West_Reading

by West_Reading » 31 May 2011 00:26

Was sat in 129 and encountered no problems with standing everytime we attacked, or for a prolonged period after our second goal. I've virtually lost my voice too as the atmosphere in our block was pretty good.

I also stayed for five to ten minutes after the final whistle, not because I thought it was the last time we'd see Long, Kebe etc in Reading shirts, but to thank the team for a great season in which we've been thoroughly entertained and in particular for a rousing second half performance which epitomised everything we're about and left me proud to be a Royal. We left with our heads held high.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 31 May 2011 00:30

fester_royal

Do you know many women or non football followers? I do and they say that to me all the effing time... Makes me somewhat anti social to them that phrase

An old chap who kept shouting "come on Kebe" whenever McAnuff had the ball was the one who said it. I was crying my eyes out at FT when the whistle went and Swansea roared, and he just said "it's only a game"...

Thing is, it is, and there's more to life than football, I'd never argue with that but, ugh, It's not easy when you LOVE your team... it's far more than a game, and when you have just lost a game like that, it's the last thing you want to fcuking hear. :x

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 31 May 2011 00:51

No probs at all in block 546. Nobody complained when I started assaulting my seat at various stages of the game. I didn't stand throughout but did stand at various times and had no complaints at all.
Thought our support as the players came out at the start of the second-half was outstanding.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 31 May 2011 01:04

It took less than eight minutes for the tools behind us to demand we sit down. They were moaning because I was on my feet when Zurab blocked on the line early in the game, they were moaning because I jumped up when Kébé broke into the box, they were moaning because my mate and I were stood for the corners we had scored our second. I thought we were quite restrained to wait that long before telling them to oxf*rd off. oxf*rd day trippers; if you want to watch it from your seat without people standing during moments of excitement, watch it from your armchair.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 31 May 2011 01:06

no probs in block 537, great atmos.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 31 May 2011 01:17

Great up in 531, no problems.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 31 May 2011 01:25

237 was good too

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 31 May 2011 06:22

SLAMMED
Forbury Lion
SLAMMED Add to that all the twats that left before the final whistle.
To be fair, half the regular home attendance at the Madejski do that - I've even seen it in the 85th minute of exciting cup games where we're at deadlock and have a corner.

And I've never understood why.

Me neither, they may as well buy a hotdog somewhere else and eat it in the park.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 31 May 2011 08:36

fester_royal

oxf*rd off attributing that phrase to "women" - there's plenty enough women who go to football and we never use that phrase matey. :evil:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 31 May 2011 08:39

Avon Royal Getting real fans ejected because they show passion is lower than low. If you don't like shouting and swearing then stay at home

This ^^ was always going to happen.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 31 May 2011 08:42

Royal Lady
fester_royal

oxf*rd off attributing that phrase to "women" - there's plenty enough women who go to football and we never use that phrase matey. :evil:
He's stated a fact, the women or non football followers he knows say it to him all the time.

If you don't know him, he isn't talking about you.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 31 May 2011 08:44

No he's not. He said "do you know many WOMEN and non football followers?" I do and they say it to me all the time".

He should have said "the women and non football followers THAT I KNOW say it to me all the time"

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 31 May 2011 08:55

Baby Royal I was actually kicked by one particularly angry oldie, apparently my standing in a crowd of standing people was ruining everyone's day :roll:

This is why we need the terraces back. So the passionate fans can stand and create an atmosphere and the families on a day trip to Wembley can sit and watch the game.

BRING BACK THE TERRACES.

glenroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by glenroyal » 31 May 2011 08:57

Unphased Royal
AbovetheI
manny96 Must say didn't see this in the stadium but heard about it from a couple of lads on the tube back. Sounds awful. As for those who left early, well, see you in 16 years time. You paid your money, so feel free to do as you want. I paid the same and I'll feel free to judge you for it...

And when I want to see you up on your high horse casting judgements upon people who leave early then I'll be sure to send you a pm you bellend.

Tbf, I stayed until the end because I thought it was only fair to give the team a well earned round of applause for their amazing performance during the second half of this season. Obviously I left before the jacks lifted the trophy, I mean I'm not welsh.

+1

glenroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by glenroyal » 31 May 2011 08:59

Top Flight
Baby Royal I was actually kicked by one particularly angry oldie, apparently my standing in a crowd of standing people was ruining everyone's day :roll:

This is why we need the terraces back. So the passionate fans can stand and create an atmosphere and the families on a day trip to Wembley can sit and watch the game.

BRING BACK THE TERRACES.

+1x10

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 31 May 2011 09:01

Blcok 232 was gr8 too, we mostly sat down but stood up during spell were we nearly got the 3rd; and thanks to the couple that swapped seats so my son could stick is peg leg down the aisle.

403 posts