Madjeski fans

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Madjeski fans

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 18 Aug 2011 10:09

brendywendy
DOYLERSAROYALER
Wycombe Royal

..he's not looking for a billionaire investor...because he knows that no billionaire investor (with deep pockets) will be buying Reading...theyll be buying a premiership team ...this is just part of JM's PR bandwagon to keep him in the public limelight ...

..he also knowsthat by selling the club..he will slip into media obscurity, oh apart from the Madejski Academy being featured in the local rag.......and thats why he will never sell .....so settle in for loads of selling and very little buying :wink:

what i massive stinking turd of a post.
the onky way he'll ever get his money back is by selling you dilbert
or is beinng on TV for 2 seconds every other month worth 40 million+?

.......we'll see Brendy....but its going to be a hell of a long wait, by which time even you may even start to question the man you adore ! :wink:

....and whats all this "i massive" ?...do you live in Staines ? :)

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Aug 2011 10:23

ahhhh, comedy gold.

please see my post earlier where i state i dont really adore him at all.

i will also state right now, that he has silly hair, is a bit uncomfortable and stilted in social situations, and has made a bit of a mess of his business empire during this recession.
but hes clearly teh greatest thing to happen to our club, and long may he struggle to find that boillionaire.
imo

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Aug 2011 10:24

ahhhh, comedy gold.

please see my post earlier where i state i dont really adore him at all.

i will also state right now, that he has silly hair, is a bit uncomfortable and stilted in social situations, and has made a bit of a mess of his business empire during this recession.
but hes clearly the greatest thing to happen to our club, and long may he struggle to find that biLOLionaire.
imo

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Aug 2011 11:02

West Stand Man
friday fan I read alot on here and post only sparingly. I have been a poster for a while under my current addy and under a previous addy. Whilst I can appreciate a good and open debate I find myself admist a number of seemingly pro Madjeski fans who quite basically berate and abuse non Madjeski posters. I would have thought for the good of constructive football debate that those pro Madjeski supporters who berate and abuse members on this board would just realise there was life pre Madjeski and everyone has a point of view. The world would be boring if we all agreed but people don't need to stoop to abuse or bullying when replying to posts.

The moderators might want to consider monitoring this and start to do something about this.

Now onto Madjeski, love him or not he is the Chairman. Personally I rejoiced when he took over but sadly he has lost his way. I'm not about shelling cash out for over rated players, I am for living within a budget, I am for giving the fans reasonable hope and I am not for slating the current chairman but I do have a view and my view is the sooner the club is sold then the better, I'm sure Madjeski echos that sentiment.

I'm not sure if the range of the pro Madjeski posters are juvenilles looking for a cheap wind up and therefore use that as some kind of perverse entertainment, if that is the case then I say move on and get off this site. For too long I have seen posters blatently slating and abusing points of views. All I want is a site like this to debate RFC matters, not to see the drivel that people dish out just because they can do (the moderators dont seem to do anthing).

I'll leave this for comment and debate.

Well, that is a disjointed and pointless post if ever there was one. It tries to sound balanced and draw a peaceline between the (apparent) pro and anti-Madejski mobs. Sadly, there is no evidence to support the theory that either camp exists nor that anyone makes the attacks that you imply. You then go on to show that you are not quite the 'voice of reason' that you'd wish to claim by making comments such as 'lost his way'. I think that tells us where you come from!

Fact is that Madejski is the Chairman. He has led and contiues to lead a club that is punching well above its weight. Like him or not (and I can fully understand people not liking him - he is not a very likeable person) the club is doing ok under his control.

An echo from the past century? On what basis do you claim that the club is punching well above its weight?

'Little Reading' - a myth used to justify an abysmal history. Reality is that the club is smack bang in the centre of a major population area in one of the most affluent regions of the country. Its catchment area is also vast compared to many clubs.

'Not very likeable' and 'OK' I would agree with. However, we should be doing better than 'OK' and we should certainly be aspiring towards much better than that.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 18 Aug 2011 11:05

brendywendy
DOYLERSAROYALER
Wycombe Royal

..he's not looking for a billionaire investor...because he knows that no billionaire investor (with deep pockets) will be buying Reading...theyll be buying a premiership team ...this is just part of JM's PR bandwagon to keep him in the public limelight ...

..he also knowsthat by selling the club..he will slip into media obscurity, oh apart from the Madejski Academy being featured in the local rag.......and thats why he will never sell .....so settle in for loads of selling and very little buying :wink:

Just how much money is he owed? And what is to stop him taking gradual repayment of his loans? (unless he blows all our assets on filling the recurring black holes in the wonderfully run business.

And for some, who crave being the centre of attention, maybe it is money well spent.

£40M? Where does that figure come from?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Aug 2011 11:16

RoyalBlue
West Stand Man
friday fan I read alot on here and post only sparingly. I have been a poster for a while under my current addy and under a previous addy. Whilst I can appreciate a good and open debate I find myself admist a number of seemingly pro Madjeski fans who quite basically berate and abuse non Madjeski posters. I would have thought for the good of constructive football debate that those pro Madjeski supporters who berate and abuse members on this board would just realise there was life pre Madjeski and everyone has a point of view. The world would be boring if we all agreed but people don't need to stoop to abuse or bullying when replying to posts.

The moderators might want to consider monitoring this and start to do something about this.

Now onto Madjeski, love him or not he is the Chairman. Personally I rejoiced when he took over but sadly he has lost his way. I'm not about shelling cash out for over rated players, I am for living within a budget, I am for giving the fans reasonable hope and I am not for slating the current chairman but I do have a view and my view is the sooner the club is sold then the better, I'm sure Madjeski echos that sentiment.

I'm not sure if the range of the pro Madjeski posters are juvenilles looking for a cheap wind up and therefore use that as some kind of perverse entertainment, if that is the case then I say move on and get off this site. For too long I have seen posters blatently slating and abusing points of views. All I want is a site like this to debate RFC matters, not to see the drivel that people dish out just because they can do (the moderators dont seem to do anthing).

I'll leave this for comment and debate.

Well, that is a disjointed and pointless post if ever there was one. It tries to sound balanced and draw a peaceline between the (apparent) pro and anti-Madejski mobs. Sadly, there is no evidence to support the theory that either camp exists nor that anyone makes the attacks that you imply. You then go on to show that you are not quite the 'voice of reason' that you'd wish to claim by making comments such as 'lost his way'. I think that tells us where you come from!

Fact is that Madejski is the Chairman. He has led and contiues to lead a club that is punching well above its weight. Like him or not (and I can fully understand people not liking him - he is not a very likeable person) the club is doing ok under his control.

'Little Reading' - a myth used to justify an abysmal history. Reality is that the club is smack bang in the centre of a major population area in one of the most affluent regions of the country. Its catchment area is also vast compared to many clubs.

'Not very likeable' and 'OK' I would agree with. However, we should be doing better than 'OK' and we should certainly be aspiring towards much better than that.

oxf*rd off its abysmal, i loved that period of our history tbf.

what the oxf*rd has catchment area got to do with owt.

tell that to all sorts of massive clubs from all sorts off massive towns and cities that would kill for our position.

and LOL at "ok"
really- massive LOL
and of course we aspire to more than this.

what a lot of bollox

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Aug 2011 11:23

RoyalBlue
brendywendy
DOYLERSAROYALER ..he's not looking for a billionaire investor...because he knows that no billionaire investor (with deep pockets) will be buying Reading...theyll be buying a premiership team ...this is just part of JM's PR bandwagon to keep him in the public limelight ...

Just how much money is he owed? And what is to stop him taking gradual repayment of his loans? (unless he blows all our assets on filling the recurring black holes in the wonderfully run business.

And for some, who crave being the centre of attention, maybe it is money well spent.

£40M? Where does that figure come from?[/quote]
:roll:

look it up!

40 million was loan for the stadium etc.
i believe the majority of that(i ts down to around 15-20 million? maybe less) has been converted to shares in the club for the chairman, so hell only get it back only when he sells.(ie as repayment on money he lent to RFC, he has converted it to stock in a business he already owns)but i imagine hes looking to amaybe double that when he sells up.
there is absolutely nothing stopping the man taking his loans back- although he has taken nothing but interest on them in all the accounts published so far, and even thats at very preferential rates.

get your head screwed on about the business side of our club. hes not robbing us of anything, and what other clubs have been making profits from football over the last 4 years?
& get a grip over the football side of things- what other teams have been relegated from the prem, not gone down further, remained competetive, and made a profit?

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 18 Aug 2011 11:31

we'll miss Madejski when he's gone

-local chairman
-an executive who've been with the club for years - from the 3rd tier to the Prem and now firmly established in the top half of the Ch'ship - consistently getting top-10-inRFC-history-finishes
-a succession of players from our Academy, some of whom go on to greater things, some whom are now established members of the club
-undreamt of cup runs in the last few years

we should be careful what we wish for - when JM takes his hand off the tiller things could start getting rocky very quickly. the least we can do is to afford him the time to find the right person to take over; he's earned it.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Aug 2011 11:58

brendywendy
royalsroyalsroyals92 I feel a bit sorry for JM, he does try to keep the club afloat, and keep us working well, and that is a unique feature I love about the club. He however has been very dodgy over transfers recently an although I don't want millions spent, buying an average player who could go into the first team immediately would appease many fans

I feel sorry for him however as he is actively trying to sell the club and we have recently had visits from bahrainians and most recently Americans, but none of them are quite biting. JM isn't trying to ruin the club, he's just keeping it working until it sells

's not up to JM though

hammond and McD can do what they want with the playing staff, as long as it fits the budget

But who sets the budget brendy? There's only one person that dictates the way the club is run and how much is available and that's the Owner.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Aug 2011 11:58

Mr Angry Are we going to get this sort of thread after every defeat?

Jeez - its going to be a long season........................

For the record, I can remember RFC before SJM; I can remember standing on crumbling terraces, part of a crowd that used to get excited if we got 4000 gates, watching generally rubbish football in the lower reaches of the League pyramid, fearful that the club might be sold under us to a predator like Maxwell, or go bankrupt.

Those of us who remember RFC under Waller and Smee would have given ANYTHING to have had a Chairman like SJM, and to have experienced the highs that we have done, and its sad that so many fans have either forgotton what it was like, or have chosen to forget.

As a result, I'm more than happy to say that I'm a "fan" of SJM and of all he has done for our club, and I'm amazed - truly amazed - that there can be any of our fans who aren't.

When he does go, I really hope that we don't end up with owners who will make those fans who hope he leaves regret that day; don't forget, be careful what you wish for, cos you might get it.........

Have to agree with most of that and I'm a big fan of Madejski and what he's done for the club.

I do find it a little frustrating that we can't find a way to be a little more aggressive in the transfer market in order to strengthen the squad a bit more, although over the years I don't think that's so much down to Madejski as it is the way we've spent (or not) the money available.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 18 Aug 2011 12:06

friday fan The moderators might want to consider monitoring this and start to do something about this.
Sadly the role of moderator is unpaid and as such it is not possible to police the boards pro-actively, so we rely on everyone else to be our eyes and ears.

If you see something that you feel breaches the rules and regulations of the board, please press the report to moderators icon on the post and state the reasons why you feel this post requires moderation. This is preferred to direct PM's with vague details such as "please delete that picture so and so has uploaded on that thread... then it's a 10 page thread and I have no idea what needs moderating!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Aug 2011 12:09

Hopp Blah I do find it a little frustrating that we can't find a way to be a little more aggressive in the transfer market

It could be said that always getting top dollar when selling and refusing to pay over the odds for players makes us the most aggressive club in the entire football league's transfer market.

We just (generally) work on our deals very quietly which probably masks what actually happens during the transfer windows.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Aug 2011 14:17

Hoop Blah
brendywendy
royalsroyalsroyals92 I feel a bit sorry for JM, he does try to keep the club afloat, and keep us working well, and that is a unique feature I love about the club. He however has been very dodgy over transfers recently an although I don't want millions spent, buying an average player who could go into the first team immediately would appease many fans

I feel sorry for him however as he is actively trying to sell the club and we have recently had visits from bahrainians and most recently Americans, but none of them are quite biting. JM isn't trying to ruin the club, he's just keeping it working until it sells

's not up to JM though

hammond and McD can do what they want with the playing staff, as long as it fits the budget

But who sets the budget brendy? There's only one person that dictates the way the club is run and how much is available and that's the Owner.

the budget is dictated purely by how much money we have, surely

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Aug 2011 14:19

Forbury Lion
friday fan The moderators might want to consider monitoring this and start to do something about this.
Sadly the role of moderator is unpaid and as such it is not possible to police the boards pro-actively, so we rely on everyone else to be our eyes and ears.

If you see something that you feel breaches the rules and regulations of the board, please press the report to moderators icon on the post and state the reasons why you feel this post requires moderation. This is preferred to direct PM's with vague details such as "please delete that picture so and so has uploaded on that thread... then it's a 10 page thread and I have no idea what needs moderating!

if you are going to moderate evvery post that supports madejski, can you please get rid of all the "wheres all the money gone" ones too.
would make the board an altogether happy and fluffy place. :roll:

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 18 Aug 2011 14:27

who are the mods on here? i reported bracknell royal for his comment to you brendy in the bbcrb board heard nothing nada zip

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Aug 2011 14:33

That's a good point RR.

What I'd add though is that by holding out for the last penny (assuming that's what we've done in the examples your alluding to) we may well have been limiting our options for bringing in new players (eg the Tommy Smith saga where it seems we held out for the best price for Bikey before losing Smith).

By aggressive I mean that we actually go out and get more first team ready (and with the intention to improve that first team) players (like Mills, McAnuff and Harte) instead of quite so many that are long term development projects.

I'm all for being sensibly run but we are afterall in an industry where that's a rarity which means staying competitive is getting harder and harder with our current policy.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Aug 2011 14:37

brendywendy the budget is dictated purely by how much money we have, surely

So who decides how much of that money 'we have' goes towards wages, or transfer fees, how much goes on IT, marketing, sales, property expenses and redevelopments, match day expenses etc etc, the list goes on.

The answer is, I presume, the board which is basically Madejski and Howe with advice and budget requests from all those in charge of the different parts of the business.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Aug 2011 14:57

Hoop Blah
brendywendy the budget is dictated purely by how much money we have, surely

So who decides how much of that money 'we have' goes towards wages, or transfer fees, how much goes on IT, marketing, sales, property expenses and redevelopments, match day expenses etc etc, the list goes on.

The answer is, I presume, the board which is basically Madejski and Howe with advice and budget requests from all those in charge of the different parts of the business.

thought day to day business decisions were made by howe
day to day football business decisions made by hammond
day to day football decsions made by BM

how the money we bring in is spent is purely a feature of how the business is set up and runs.
if howe wanted to suddenly change what is spent on any one of those areas i reckon he probably could,

.......as long as he could justify it to his boss.

JM and howe may make decisions, but they are based on the budget, not the other way round. shirley.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 18 Aug 2011 15:10

Another club sold!

Perhaps Madejski should have a word with Flavio and Bernie to find out how it's done.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Aug 2011 15:12

RoyalBlue Another club sold!

Perhaps Madejski should have a word with Flavio and Bernie to find out how it's done.

ie- selling to the first person who flashes some cash?