Biggest away attendance

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Biggest away attendance

by reading_fan » 19 Jun 2012 09:15

East Grinstead Royal How many did we take to Ashton G8 for the 3-3 draw, I remember it feeling like we had far more than was actually there.

I got my leg stuck in between my seat that day... It hurt

Best away day EVER....

The loudest I've ever heard our fans - home or away....and the NOISE when those goals went in....deafening! I was stood next to the guy who jumped up when our second goal went in, just as a steward was bending down to tell him to calm down - clash of heads, steward knocked out, matey next to me couldn't have cared less :)

I must have been stood near you. The steward was ok, but pretty shaken up. The Head Steward came over to the area we were standing. We feared the worst but he just said "You can stand, but please don't stand on the seats, and try not to jump around so much". Top man.

I've never known celebrations like it. Absolutely radio rental. Particularly after the third goal. I felt like I'd run a marathon.

I remember listening to Geoff Twentyman's phone-in on BBC Radio Bristol on the way home after that game. It got taken off the air for the announcement that the Queen Mother had died earlier in the day. I guess she never knew the final score.

That was the 3-3 where we were 3-2 up after 11 minutes wasn't it? Didn't Graham Branch (on loan from Wolves) get his leg broken that game too, or was that a different game at Brizzle?

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by reading_fan » 19 Jun 2012 10:20

Also, as a biggest proportion of away fans to home fans, how many did we take to Selhurst Park for one of Wimbledon's last games before they moved to MK? I remember there was only about 2k in total in the ground, and we normally take a few to Selhurst.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 19 Jun 2012 11:07

reading_fan Also, as a biggest proportion of away fans to home fans, how many did we take to Selhurst Park for one of Wimbledon's last games before they moved to MK? I remember there was only about 2k in total in the ground, and we normally take a few to Selhurst.

That was an odd feeling, almost like being at a pre season friendly.. Back there later in the season for the Palace game, gr8 atmosphere :!: OWUSUUUUUU

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 19 Jun 2012 19:14

reading_fan
That was the 3-3 where we were 3-2 up after 11 minutes wasn't it? Didn't Graham Branch (on loan from Wolves) get his leg broken that game too, or was that a different game at Brizzle?

Different game, and I think you mean Rodriguez for Brizzle who was on the receiving end of a Rickeeeeeee Newman special. It was a few years before the 3-2 game and we lost about 4-0. I actually arrived late and was queueing at the turnstiles when I heard what I thought was the first (but actually the second) Brizzle goal go in.

We actually took a big support to that one a we'd been on a hell of a run. I stood on the far right behind the goal - the bit of the away end that City now allocate to home supporters. We must have had a good 3,000 there.