Manset - drink driving

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Manset - drink driving

by FiNeRaIn » 14 Jan 2012 00:38

WoodleyRoyal Really don't understand why colour needs to come into it! the casual racism and constant double meaning posts are becoming tiresome.

Umm what? :roll:

Might be a debatable comment whether black people get stopped more, but you can hardly accuse him of casual racism or a double meaning. Its quite clearly a singular meaning post.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 14 Jan 2012 06:51

Surely the most serious crime is what on earth he was doing on a night out in Southampton.....

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 14 Jan 2012 08:19

Dick Habbin's hairdo Surely the most serious crime is what on earth he was doing on a night out in Southampton.....

Disagree. The most serious crime is how on earth does such an average footballer manage to get paid so much money to afford a £40k set of wheels? Pretty much typifies what is wrong with the professional game.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 14 Jan 2012 08:36

RoyalJames101 In fact...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 14 Jan 2012 14:18

Terminal Boardom
Dick Habbin's hairdo Surely the most serious crime is what on earth he was doing on a night out in Southampton.....

Disagree. The most serious crime is how on earth does such an average footballer manage to get paid so much money to afford a £40k set of wheels? Pretty much typifies what is wrong with the professional game.

I owned a 50K pair of wheels
and own a 25K pair of wheels
and I am utterly stony broke

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 14 Jan 2012 14:20

Disappointing, he looked to have real potential and it's still fairly early days, but still...

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 14 Jan 2012 14:25

Maybe the club has fined him and read the riot act
and he gets himself together

Of course, unlike Manset I have never EVER even chewed a wine gum and driven
nor have I ever masturbated, or taken a pencil from work, or looked at another
woman.

robb the royal

by robb the royal » 14 Jan 2012 14:56

While I agree this is not good and no one should do it, peoples reactions on here is potentially being slightly blown over the top.
Yes he was wrong to do it, but he has been charged, paid his fine ect. that should be the end of it, I am struggling with why him drink-driving should be the end of his career at reading....john terry, joey barton, alan smith have all done worse (as has pennant, but he did get sacked), so why should mansett?
People are saying he shouldn't be drinking at all...maybe he doesn't...it reads like he was out on a xmas do, that might be the only time in the year he has a drink for all we know.

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 14 Jan 2012 15:17

henleyguy1 gaspillage d'espace et d'argent!!

ne pas vous parier a dit que contre Millwall et Bristol City

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 14 Jan 2012 16:03

Royalee Disappointing, he looked to have real potential and it's still fairly early days, but still...

we haven't seen nearly enough of him to suggest he has real potential, only one superb strike at the start of the season and that's it.

he arrived here with comments from his previous manager admitting he they could never get the player fit. we too are having the same problem, and now this. the clock's ticking and time is running out. grow up, work hard and prove yourself, or get off the books so someone else can have a chance - i.e dominic samual.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 14 Jan 2012 16:26

redscot He could have been upset after taking is flashy car for a ride, only to find the cops want to pull him over. Black people do get stopped more often than others and most cops struggle with French.

Was he stopped by the police because he was black or because he wasn't driving properly?

How many cops have you tried to speak french with?

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 18 Jan 2012 09:11

Ideal Meanwhile in Thailand, striker Sompong Soleb has been banned for life from the national team after being caught driving drunk.
Their manager Winfried Schafer said to the Bangkok Post:
"He will never play for us again. As a member of the national side you are expected to set an example for young players. Instead he has put himself forward as a very poor role model. He has betrayed the national team, and his fans."

I wonder if he could join Manset in some kind of drink driver's XI

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 18 Jan 2012 09:37

Stuka
Ideal Meanwhile in Thailand, striker Sompong Soleb has been banned for life from the national team after being caught driving drunk.
Their manager Winfried Schafer said to the Bangkok Post:
"He will never play for us again. As a member of the national side you are expected to set an example for young players. Instead he has put himself forward as a very poor role model. He has betrayed the national team, and his fans."

I wonder if he could join Manset in some kind of drink driver's XI

Managed by Steve Kean...

Personally I'm not going to judge him for being stopped under twice the legal limit. Stupid and potentially lethal,yes, but why I would expect better standards from.a young Ivorian than millions of others in the UK I don't know. He broke the law and is being punished, end of.

He is also being punished for that dismal home defeat to Watford. I thought he did ok there myself. Surely if he's not fit the club needs to help, not write him off. 4 or 5 glasses of wine at Christmas does not signify an attitude or personality problem. Hope we sort it out cos he has loads of potential imho.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 18 Jan 2012 10:22

Meh, just about everyone on the road has booze in them at Christmas. Excusable? No, of course not. Reason to treat him like a paedophile? Also no.

I think he's got great skill; no idea why he is exhausted after doing his shoes up. It's up to him I guess. Maybe in a few seasons time we will be reaping the reward of patience.

Shame we kinda need a decent striker now.

Vic_Flange

by Vic_Flange » 18 Jan 2012 10:41

oh for f***s sake give the guy a break

Yes he f**ked up

No I dont condone drink driving

But does it deserve all this bo*locks about never playing again (clearly the answer is "No" from most of you vindictive lot)

Have I ever been a drunk driver btw? NO So lets just put it to bed - (shame Manset didnt)- then let him try and get over it.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 18 Jan 2012 11:07

There has been one report about casual racism on this thread, I am a moderator but it is unpaid and I really don't have time to read this thread as I have work to do in my paid job.

Personally, whilst I disagree with racism I also disagree with covering up racist behaviour - Let the racists hang by their own words. For this reason I'm taking no action.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 18 Jan 2012 11:21

Forbury Lion There has been one report about casual racism on this thread, I am a moderator but it is unpaid and I really don't have time to read this thread as I have work to do in my paid job.

Personally, whilst I disagree with racism I also disagree with covering up racist behaviour - Let the racists hang by their own words. For this reason I'm taking no action.

Good policy

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 18 Jan 2012 11:41

redscot He could have been upset after taking is flashy car for a ride, only to find the cops want to pull him over. Black people do get stopped more often than others and most cops struggle with French.

Is the comment in question. If thats deemed racism we should all pack up and go home.
If anything, this post is pointing towards institutional racism by the police themselves .

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 18 Jan 2012 11:53

FiNeRaIn

Is the comment in question. If thats deemed racism we should all pack up and go home.
If anything, this post is pointing towards institutional racism by the police themselves .

'Greed, Nothing wrong or questionable about the post quoted.

redscot

by redscot » 18 Jan 2012 12:50

Ideal Ban this filth and whip the poster in the city square for all to see!

Ideal! Silly post, as there are few Reading fans in Oslo! (Or do you want to do the whiping!?) Anyway I read about a Black guy in Oslo with a 5 grand bicycle whom got stopped 18 times within a month or so after buying it. The police in Oslo thought it strange for a young black guy to own a expensive bike! In the end he had to bring the sales receipt with him.