Back from the game - Pompey

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the game - Pompey

by Norfolk Royal » 07 Mar 2012 09:10

Most times I've seen Harte play the accuracy of his passing has been notable in comparison to others in the team. Particularly at Ipswich this year it was a good get out and takes pressure off others.

Allyh84

by Allyh84 » 07 Mar 2012 09:43

Agent Balti
Snowball 7.5 Feds. I only remember one good catch, but did nothing wrong.
7.5 Cummings. A tad nervous but generally sound, and supported attacks well. Will be a great player one day
8.0 Pearce. The usual solid and safe
8.0 Gorkss. As above.I like the way they are so comfortable and will stroke it round, come forward
9.0 Harte. Excellent, reliable, old head. H+Great balls into the box
8.0 Elwood. Decent again, great pairing with Jem but not at his imperious best.
9.0 Karacan. He seems to be getting better by the game. Some great runs, good support
8.5 McAnuff. Maybe stingy. Put in a VG shift
7.5 HRK. Did reasonably and beat his man a few times but faded, amybe due to a few kicks
8.5 Hunt. His usual hard-working self, always there, and got his goal
9.0 Roberts. Great link up play, two excellent burst of speed, great cross for the goal

7.5 Alf. Keen to impress, almost nicked a difficult chance

8's and 9's?! Seriously?! You, sir, are having a laugh. 7 would be a top score for any of them, absolutely max. Biased I know, but I'd give Karacan half of what you gave him. Can't control the ball, scuffed simple passes time and time again. By your scoring, everyone would be rising as one from the crowd as one hailing them all as the Second Coming! Not having a pop, just merely observing that people see things in a different way.

Suppose you didn't see his buccaneering run at Millwall then. Karacan can't control the ball? Nonsense.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Mar 2012 09:44

good first half- came out of the blocks very well, played nice football on break, looked hungry for it.

scored, and slowly the zip went out of it. not helped by the ref.

dealt with their spell of pressure, and then controlled teh game and ran down the clock

we are a machine, a winning machine.
and the good football will come when we are allowed to play some.

as it is im happy with this winning formula. its so impresssive.

fed- 7-- nowt to do
cummings- 7 played well in first game back in 5, couple of mistakes, but came forward well.
pearce/gorkss-8 rocks at the back, and th eodd bit of passing/cming forward too
harte- excellent 8 no mistakes at the back, delivery excellent, passing superb, got forward alot more than usual
karacan6 broke up play very well, ran around alot- passing was abit off
ledge- 5 same as karacan, but ran around less
HRK/Jobi 6 started very brightly, but both took a hell of a beating in the first twenty, and struggled to shake off those knocks
roberts-nhunt 7 great first twenty, tailed off

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 07 Mar 2012 09:46

I thought McAnuff was poor last night.

I may be mistaken, but I think I saw him, after an aimless boot upfield by him, turn around and randomly blame Cummings for it. :shock:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Mar 2012 09:48

thought he started ok. even when he started to drop off going forward his work rate, and tracking back are immense

i notice all the complaints about his captaincy has stopped

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Mar 2012 09:52

a word about the pompey fans.

superb attitude. id hate to see what wed be like in those circumstances.

actually started to feel sorry for them after tonight, whereas before i was actively hoping theyd fold

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 07 Mar 2012 09:52

I'm am lead to believe that about 20 Portsmouth fans stayed in the South Stand for half an hour after the game singing their little hearts out.

Bless them.

Eventually left the ground singing "We want to go home"

Ahhh........................ :wink:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 07 Mar 2012 10:22

Gordons Cumming I'm am lead to believe that about 20 Portsmouth fans stayed in the South Stand for half an hour after the game singing their little hearts out.

Bless them.

No, they were singing, "We want a home."

79Royal

by 79Royal » 07 Mar 2012 10:27

Pompey came to try to stop us playing and nick a winner. To be fair to them, they stopped us playing pretty effectively, helped by some shockingly poor decisions by the referee, but completely forgot to try and nick one.

The game was crying out for Kebe, we missed him last night, but it’s more important that he’s fit for some of the tougher games we’ve got coming up. I thought McDermott got the tactics right and moving to 433 (ish) when Le Fondre came on helped to push Pompey back, just when they were starting to enjoy a little bit of possession.

A dull game, but that was as much to do with Pompey as it was us and we had gears to move into, I think. Fingers crossed for a better game against Leicester and another three points.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 07 Mar 2012 10:30

anR
percy_freeman Is there a fire drill.

They said that when both sets of fans were leaving just before half time to get the beers in. Idiots.

Wasn't the chant: We're getting some chips, we're getting some chiiippppsss, we've got some money, we're getting some chips :lol:

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 07 Mar 2012 10:33

melonhead a word about the pompey fans.

actually started to feel sorry for them after tonight, whereas before i was actively hoping theyd fold

Yes they sang but they were embarassing in the second half pretending to score a goal and we are going up chant. I'd be too embarassed to sing stuff like that.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Mar 2012 10:34

Geekins
melonhead a word about the pompey fans.

Yes they sang but they were embarassing in the second half pretending to score a goal and we are going up chant. I'd be too embarassed to sing stuff like that.

and thats the problem with modern reading fans- too embarrassed to sing- maybe thats why our ground is deathly silent for much of the game.

shit songs>>>>>>>>no songs

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 07 Mar 2012 10:38

Are we loud and singing away from home?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Mar 2012 10:43

Gordons Cumming Are we loud and singing away from home?

mostly

im sure some teams manage to be singy home and away

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 07 Mar 2012 10:50

melonhead

mostly

exactly, few clubs are singy both home and away.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 07 Mar 2012 10:51

Dire and turgid game, with the 2nd half resembling a 45 minute equivilent of holding the ball in the corner to waste time.

Pompey look utterly shot; all they could do was defend with masses of men behind the ball as soon as we got it, try to kick us off the park (and with HRK, they succeeded; how the ref gave nothing for a shocking 2 foot challenge on him in the 1st half....) and offered nothing up front; they could have been there till gone midnight, playing against cones, and still not got a shot on target. The best they can hope for is to be playing in League 1 next season, cos even if they survive their off-field problems, the way they are playing is going to get them relegated.

As for us, we needed to up the tempo and get the ball wide in order to get behind the defence; as has been said, the game absolutely cried out for Kebe.

Gorks and Pearce were totally untroubled, hoovering up everything that came at them, whilst Legs and Jem did their jobs superbly well, breaking up attacks all the time and trying to act as an outlet to start attacks; the fact that it didn't always come off was one of those things - another game it will.

7 straight wins, conceding just 1 goal, and with the next 4 games all emminently winnable......regardless of the performances, the results speak for themselves, but I really wish we had it in us to put sides to the sword.

On High
Hob Nob Regular

by On High » 07 Mar 2012 10:53

Gordons Cumming I'm am lead to believe that about 20 Portsmouth fans stayed in the South Stand for half an hour after the game singing their little hearts out.

Bless them.

They certainly were - they have to treat every game as though it may be their last :lol:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Mar 2012 11:07

Gordons Cumming
melonhead

mostly

exactly, few clubs are singy both home and away.

doesnt stop me wishing for some atmosphere at home games either way

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 07 Mar 2012 11:15

Contrary to some views on here, I thought McAnuff was pretty much our only threatening attacker. He was taking on his man often and had a few decent looking shots on target. Why he was subbed off instead of Hunt for Cywka (and why that substitution didn't happen earlier) I have no ruddy clue.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 07 Mar 2012 11:19

Cos he was oxf*rd knackered and should have come off 10 minutes earlier.