Horrible feeling about this season...

314 posts
robbieroyal

Re: Horrible feeling about this season...

by robbieroyal » 17 Mar 2012 20:17

PieEater Sometimes you get a feeling that either good or bad things will happen, this season after we beat Middlesborough away I had a feelng we'd do it, there is something about the team that says we WILL GET AUTOMATIC. West Ham have fooked it up, they had their chance but the pressure got to them, they will FAIL IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Over the next few games I expect to see us consolidate our position and West Ham drop away. This is our year,

I read this and I get excited!! I want to believe this so much....... :D

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 17 Mar 2012 20:41

A lot less pressure on us and Soton. Both teams on the up with sound finances, either one will strengthen next year if they need another crack at it. West Ham will be in huge hole if they don't make it and will have to trim wages.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 17 Mar 2012 20:43

Friday's Legacy
FiNeRaIn I'll be honest, im gearing myself up for double disappointment. You just KNOW this'll be the birmingham season all over again. We'll get fvcked out of second place by the horrible mercenaries west ham and their 9 strikers and then lose to someone shite in the play-offs because we are gutted on missing out on second. In a way I hope we lose the next 5/6 and then make a late surge back into the play-offs with momentum.

Saints are out of reach, they keep getting lucky breaks and are a one man unit, unless lambert gets injured they will win it.

Yes finerain you are a negative twat, bla bla bla but i KNOW some of you feel exactly the same and you can see it coming too.

I hope someone bumps this to prove me wrong if it happens...but im dreading it tbh.

Couldn't disagree with you more. In the past yes I would agree, but this feels a much stronger side with key players in there. I don't look at any of those around me and wish we were them. We are as good as them and this is now in our hands!

I like the strength all over the pitch. I like the way we prepare for games. I like that we are confident and hustle everyone we play.

Out of all the top 8 sides I expect we are the ones no-one wants to play!

Also your comment abouts Saints being out of reach is nothing short of ridiculous. We could have been above them tonight, AND we still have to play them.

It was almost as stupid as your comment that Saints are a one man team.

^^^^^^^
Agree agree with FL.

You English are a miserable lot aren't you? ;). This is a solid team that believes.

robbieroyal

by robbieroyal » 17 Mar 2012 21:10

Just been reading Saints Forum, they seem to be much more worried by us and all on there seeing Sham falling away? Long way to go yet granted.....

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 17 Mar 2012 21:23

oxf*rd this negative shite. We're gonna win the fricking league and Big Fat Gypsy Sam Allardyce will get the sack as he fails again.

COME ON UUUUUURRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
Last edited by Y21 on 17 Mar 2012 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Mar 2012 21:41

FiNeRaIn I'll be honest, im gearing myself up for double disappointment. You just KNOW this'll be the birmingham season all over again. We'll get fvcked out of second place by the horrible mercenaries west ham and their 9 strikers and then lose to someone shite in the play-offs because we are gutted on missing out on second. In a way I hope we lose the next 5/6 and then make a late surge back into the play-offs with momentum.

Saints are out of reach, they keep getting lucky breaks and are a one man unit, unless lambert gets injured they will win it.

Yes finerain you are a negative twat, bla bla bla but i KNOW some of you feel exactly the same and you can see it coming too.

I hope someone bumps this to prove me wrong if it happens...but im dreading it tbh.

yes I've got this as well - but some mitigating factors - we haven't been up there all season, and also the media have utterly ignored us from the start and actually through most of the season so far, Scummers absolutely romped the first half of the season with West Ham and now they are relying on a couple of late penalties to stay top. From an outside perspective we're unstoppable - we have doubts because we've been here before. West Ham must be shitting it. Scummers fans won't be because they think they have a strangely inflated sense of their own place in the food chain.

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 17 Mar 2012 21:59

FiNeRaIn Saints are out of reach, they keep getting lucky breaks and are a one man unit, unless lambert gets injured they will win it.

Out of reach? So you have an arms length that matches the same number as your IQ? We are two points behind tonight yet at the beginning of the year this was all a dream. You're an idiot. Sorry to be harsh but I can't defend you based on the rubbish you come out with. I don't care to compare how long we have been supporting our team, but your negativity is quite frankly horse shit. Jog on...
Last edited by robinsfriday on 17 Mar 2012 22:25, edited 1 time in total.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 17 Mar 2012 22:11

I thought the Rougeometer would negate the need for these conversations.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 17 Mar 2012 22:23

If you think this is negative, try reading KUMB

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 17 Mar 2012 22:28

robinsfriday
FiNeRaIn Saints are out of reach, they keep getting lucky breaks and are a one man unit, unless lambert gets injured they will win it.

Out of reach? So you have an arms length that match the same number as your IQ? We are two points behind tonight yet at the beginning of the year this was all a dream. You're an idiot. Sorry to be harsh but I can't defend you based on the rubbish you come out with. I don't care to compare how long we have been supporting our team, but your negativity is quite frankly horse shit. Jog on...

You really are a complete bell end, this was posted in the original posts you since ranted then decided to reignite with more nonsense to get another reaction, that says more about you than it does me, you're not a very constructive poster like the last few have been and despite claiming it was good advice to stick me on ignore you didn't so you are also a bit of a weird c**t. Anyway, bar 2/3 games saints fixtures are pretty easy compared to ours, thats why i think they are out of reach - not based on their points total. Perhaps you haven't seen our fixture list in comparison. You're like a whiney jack russell. Jesus. :roll:

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 17 Mar 2012 22:38

FiNeRaIn
robinsfriday

Out of reach? So you have an arms length that match the same number as your IQ? We are two points behind tonight yet at the beginning of the year this was all a dream. You're an idiot. Sorry to be harsh but I can't defend you based on the rubbish you come out with. I don't care to compare how long we have been supporting our team, but your negativity is quite frankly horse shit. Jog on...

You really are a complete bell end, this was posted in the original posts you since ranted then decided to reignite with more nonsense to get another reaction, that says more about you than it does me, you're not a very constructive poster like the last few have been and despite claiming it was good advice to stick me on ignore you didn't so you are also a bit of a weird c**t. Anyway, bar 2/3 games saints fixtures are pretty easy compared to ours, thats why i think they are out of reach - not based on their points total. Perhaps you haven't seen our fixture list in comparison. You're like a whiney jack russell. Jesus. :roll:

Bless :roll:

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 17 Mar 2012 22:47

Can we create a "Comedy" area to move this thread into?

Seriously...the squad is more balanced and stronger than at any time since we came back to the championship, and if we don't make it this year we'll be stronger next. Just enjoy the ride people....today's performance was that of a confident team who stand a fighting chance of auto, and who won't fear anyone should we end up in the play offs.

And if we don't go up? Nobody can say we didn't give it 100pc

If only we could have those first 6 games again...we'd be on for 106

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 17 Mar 2012 22:48

FiNeRaIn
robinsfriday

Officially rattLOLed

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 17 Mar 2012 22:51

The Prisoner Can we create a "Comedy" area to move this thread into?

Seriously...the squad is more balanced and stronger than at any time since we came back to the championship, and if we don't make it this year we'll be stronger next. Just enjoy the ride people....today's performance was that of a confident team who stand a fighting chance of auto, and who won't fear anyone should we end up in the play offs.

And if we don't go up? Nobody can say we didn't give it 100pc

If only we could have those first 6 games again...we'd be on for 106

Some sensibility prevails.

+1

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Mar 2012 23:34

not sure why this thread is getting such an aggressive reaction....whilst finerain might not be everyone's cup of tea - (personally I've recently started to warm to his football related posts) I think he's perfectly articulated what a lot of experienced Reading fans are feeling.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Mar 2012 23:47

The one part I do agree with is it's sh1t or bust for us. Auto or nothing.

Just my opinion of course. I think play-offs would get the better of us again sadly.

I always said March would be the defining month. Those were the points we needed on the board before the awful run in started. But my god we've done well....We could actually get 25 points in one calendar month - that must be near some sort of record surely?! Anyone stattos out there to confirm? (Not that we've actually done it yet).

There just seems to be an aura about the place at the moment. Not quite sure what but we seem to have an answer for everything thrown at us. If we win these next 2 games & get something from West Ham, I can't see anyone stopping us clinching promotion.

Anyone noticed even McDermott is strutting a bit now?! You can tell he is absolutely loving it. The whole vibe about the place is very reminiscent to 05/06 which has to be a good thing.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Mar 2012 23:53

MmmMonsterMunch The one part I do agree with is it's sh1t or bust for us. Auto or nothing.

Just my opinion of course. I think play-offs would get the better of us again sadly.

I always said March would be the defining month. Those were the points we needed on the board before the awful run in started. But my god we've done well....We could actually get 25 points in one calendar month - that must be near some sort of record surely?! Anyone stattos out there to confirm? (Not that we've actually done it yet).

There just seems to be an aura about the place at the moment. Not quite sure what but we seem to have an answer for everything thrown at us. If we win these next 2 games & get something from West Ham, I can't see anyone stopping us clinching promotion.

Anyone noticed even McDermott is strutting a bit now?! You can tell he is absolutely loving it. The whole vibe about the place is very reminiscent to 05/06 which has to be a good thing.

well get a win at West Ham and they will have a shit fit and I think we'll be in business

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Mar 2012 23:59

To be honest if we beat Posh & Pool then I'd take a point at Upton. Just need to ensure we don't lose.

If we get 7 from these next 3 games doesn't matter who from we'd be very very close to securing promotion. Obviously beating West Ham would be better though!

Incidentally I do think we'll beat them - the home crowd will be bricking it. First trip to Upton for me so nervous as to getting out if we did dish out a hiding. Maybe I won't wear my Reading shirt..

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 18 Mar 2012 00:03

I think the signing of Roberts as well as the takeover has really boosted the club too. Roberts is a cracking signing.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Mar 2012 00:04

MmmMonsterMunch To be honest if we beat Posh & Pool then I'd take a point at Upton. Just need to ensure we don't lose.

If we get 7 from these next 3 games doesn't matter who from we'd be very very close to securing promotion. Obviously beating West Ham would be better though!

Incidentally I do think we'll beat them - the home crowd will be bricking it. First trip to Upton for me so nervous as to getting out if we did dish out a hiding. Maybe I won't wear my Reading shirt..

west ham are all plastic cockney poofs....most of their fans come from shit holes like Romford. Mental yes - but poofs

314 posts