Run-in thread

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Run-in thread

by muddyfeet » 04 Apr 2012 14:38

melonhead sorry Wiz- i know you are in the -early relationship phase and everything, but if we are going up that day, you have to be there.
especially if the other option is a wedding of someone you dont know.

the missus needs to understand this.

How was the birthday party :?:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Apr 2012 14:38

its only a wedding m8,its not like youd be missing out on her birthday or something
youve been going out long enough now you dont have to try so hard! :wink:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Apr 2012 14:40

muddyfeet
melonhead sorry Wiz- i know you are in the -early relationship phase and everything, but if we are going up that day, you have to be there.

How was the birthday party :?:

LOL!

30th Bday party of actual missus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>someone randoms wedding

also, if it was a game in which reading could be promoted, i would go to the game, my missus wouldnt dream of forcing me to miss it, plus she wouldnt have organised it on that day to start of with

how very dare you

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 04 Apr 2012 14:44

You're right she would never organise something on a day when something else important was happening

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 04 Apr 2012 14:47

lol, brendy getting schooled here.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Apr 2012 14:50

muddyfeet You're right she would never organise something on a day when something else important was happening

tbf i arranged my thing after shed arranged her bday bash, i just forgot..... +

RFC getting promoted >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>some band form the 90s murdering their songs on a stage in manchester

especially since im just going to see the gig on another day anyway.

cant do that with the RFC promotion party can you now

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 04 Apr 2012 14:52

melonhead
muddyfeet You're right she would never organise something on a day when something else important was happening

tbf i arranged my thing after shed arranged her bday bash, i just forgot..... +

Oh really?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Apr 2012 14:53

allegedly.

and it would fit with my general organisational set up

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 04 Apr 2012 14:55

Maguire lol, brendy getting schooled here.

And where are you if we get promoted on the last home game?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Apr 2012 15:00

:lol:

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 04 Apr 2012 15:00

Brighton won't be easy either, unbeaten at home in 2012, that and the Forest game are as hard as any other imho. Palace is probably our 'easiest' game... Not a pretty run in, you can only thank God we beat Blackpool and more importantly West Ham otherwise, we'd have probably been in different spirits now looking at those remaining fixtures.

One game at a time and all that shit...

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 04 Apr 2012 15:01

muddyfeet
Maguire lol, brendy getting schooled here.

And where are you if we get promoted on the last home game?

Trust me, the Mrs isn't the one who likes Shakespeare :oops:

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 04 Apr 2012 15:05

:lol:

You'll be getting a kitten next

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 04 Apr 2012 15:18

muddyfeet :lol:

You'll be getting a kitten next

:?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 Apr 2012 15:22

Wizard Decided prolly not gonna bother with Leeds and Forest as well. Save my pennies, and spend some decent time with the girlfriend rather than disappear off to football all the time. See you all at Crystal Palace.

Wizard earlier on today ...

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 04 Apr 2012 15:33

Wizard Decided prolly not gonna bother with Leeds and Forest as well. Save my pennies, and spend some decent time with the girlfriend rather than disappear off to football all the time. See you all at Crystal Palace.

You'll have plenty of time to spend with her in the close season.

I know this is your first girlfriend so the novelty probably still hasn't worn off, but would she mind at all if you went? Any sign of her getting in a mood?

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 04 Apr 2012 15:41

Wizard

:lol: I already told her I'll be with her, don't want her to be upset and go on her own, and she is more important than this football club to me anyway.

You need your head seen to mate. I told my now wife when I first met her how important Reading Football Club were to me and that if we were to fall deeply in love which we did she would always be equal to RFC and never more important*. You need to do what I did and brainwash her into becoming a Reading fanatic like I did and now our social life and including holidays is organised around the football season and international breaks.

*Unless it was something major like an operation, birth of child, death or a close relative etc.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 05 Apr 2012 12:48

trueroyal1871
Wizard

:lol: I already told her I'll be with her, don't want her to be upset and go on her own, and she is more important than this football club to me anyway.

You need your head seen to mate. I told my now wife when I first met her how important Reading Football Club were to me and that if we were to fall deeply in love which we did she would always be equal to RFC and never more important*. You need to do what I did and brainwash her into becoming a Reading fanatic like I did and now our social life and including holidays is organised around the football season and international breaks.

*Unless it was something major like an operation, birth of child, death or a close relative etc.

To be honest I reckon I'd rather miss the odd game here and there than have to put up with my missus "taking an interest in football". Even worse if she actually wanted to come to games with me.

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 05 Apr 2012 13:06

Who said romance was dead?

i_kingsley

by i_kingsley » 05 Apr 2012 15:08

trueroyal1871
Wizard

thats what happened with me and my wife.
infact after we got married she got a job in the ticket office, we got good season tickets and always had a good chance of the good seats at away games
she still gets more excited about games than i do (you should see her shouting at the tv, we dont live in the UK any more )
we are both big READING fans and our spare room has Reading stuff all around the walls