Report the ref/Leeds?

The Cube

Re: Report the ref/Leeds?

by The Cube » 08 Apr 2012 19:01

Avon Royal Nice explanation, thanks Cube.

By "Favours us", I meant only with respect to our desire for justice.

I thought that was probably the case, but I prefer points.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 08 Apr 2012 19:04

The Cube

I thought that was probably the case, but I prefer points.

Indeed. I prefer healthy midfielders too :cry:

redscot

by redscot » 08 Apr 2012 19:45

I just seen Hell drivers on BBC. Our guy fought it out with Red (Leeds) whom was a thug. Our guy won in the end, so thuggery does not allways pay!

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 08 Apr 2012 21:24

Nice explanation, but sadly, completely incorrect on many counts. The FA can only act if the referee admits to either:-

a) not having seen the incident (he clearly saw it),

or

b) making the incorrect call (slim chance on Pugh, no chance on Brown).

What clubs do or say in the aftermath have very little impact on subsequent action.

Incidentally, for the Pugh incident the only reason a free kick wasn't given was because the referee clearly indicated that Pugh played the ball. There was no advantage because in the referee's mind no offence had been committed.

The Cube

by The Cube » 08 Apr 2012 21:28

handbags_harris Incidentally, for the Pugh incident the only reason a free kick wasn't given was because the referee clearly indicated that Pugh played the ball. There was no advantage because in the referee's mind no offence had been committed.

You mean Brown, surely? For Pugh the referee clearly indicated that he was playing an advantage.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 08 Apr 2012 21:32

The Cube
handbags_harris Incidentally, for the Pugh incident the only reason a free kick wasn't given was because the referee clearly indicated that Pugh played the ball. There was no advantage because in the referee's mind no offence had been committed.

You mean Brown, surely? For Pugh the referee clearly indicated that he was playing an advantage.

If we're talking the one in the first half on Karacan that ripped his sock, he clearly points directly at the ball and follows the ball. There is no indication of an advantage which would be two arms forward pointing towards the attacking end.

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

by Wizard » 09 Apr 2012 14:24

Michael Brown sent off after 25mins v Derby today.

Cypry

by Cypry » 09 Apr 2012 14:24

Brown shown a straight red against Derby today...

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 09 Apr 2012 14:26

A game too late but that scumbag Brown sent off for Leeds...straight red...

...hopefully the club will be hauled before the FL and fined from their pitiful disciplinary record

Niko

by Niko » 09 Apr 2012 14:27

Cypry Brown shown a straight red against Derby today...

I'm guessing the ref watched our match on Friday and wished to deal some justice... :lol:

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 09 Apr 2012 14:52

surely the FA has to look at this pricks behaviour? puts his job to shame.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Apr 2012 15:11

handbags_harris
The Cube

If we're talking the one in the first half on Karacan that ripped his sock, he clearly points directly at the ball and follows the ball. There is no indication of an advantage which would be two arms forward pointing towards the attacking end.

You are right. Incredibly he didn't appear to think there was anything wrong with the challenge! :twisted:

The Cube

by The Cube » 09 Apr 2012 18:35

handbags_harris
The Cube

Just watched it back on the BBC website which didn't help as it cuts away from the ref as he is pointing. During the match I was certain that he did the two arms advantage thing for that incident.

The other time referees point is when they are fixing a player in their mind to come back to. But I can't say he was doing that because he didn't go back.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 09 Apr 2012 20:04

The Cube The other time referees point is when they are fixing a player in their mind to come back to. But I can't say he was doing that because he didn't go back.

Indeed they do, valid point. In this instance though I distinctly remember watching the replay and watching the referee clearly point to the ball immediately after the challenge. If he'd have pointed to the player he would have had to have waited to see who gained possession in the aftermath of the challenge.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Report the ref/Leeds? T

by Hoop Blah » 10 Apr 2012 11:00

paultheroyal Ref missed one bad challenge and the fact we went uncarded showed some respect from us as a team. Other big decisions he got right. Yes you can be picky about a challenge here, timekeeping there but we have had worse.

We won, we move on, get over it! Just be grateful we don't follow the Leeds / Warnock way.

If that's the typical view from a fellow official then it's no wonder we keep seeing shocking performances from officials.

I'm not one to have a pop at refs or their 'assitants' but Fridays was one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a league official. From the moment he sent their lad off he lost control of the game and because of that put our players at risk and almost cost us the game.

The Leeds tactics were obvious. They were timewasting and looking to nobble our players at every opportunity yet the ref did nothing to stop it and the game spiraled out of his control.

As fans there's nothing we can really do about it but I really do hope that as a collection of organisations and individuals the club, Football League, Refs Association (or whatever they brand themselves as these days!) the ref himself and those players and staff at Leeds, they recognise what a shocking display it was from many involved.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Report the ref/Leeds? T

by Ian Royal » 10 Apr 2012 11:04

Hoop Blah
paultheroyal Ref missed one bad challenge and the fact we went uncarded showed some respect from us as a team. Other big decisions he got right. Yes you can be picky about a challenge here, timekeeping there but we have had worse.

We won, we move on, get over it! Just be grateful we don't follow the Leeds / Warnock way.

If that's the typical view from a fellow official then it's no wonder we keep seeing shocking performances from officials.

I'm not one to have a pop at refs or their 'assitants' but Fridays was one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a league official. From the moment he sent their lad off he lost control of the game and because of that put our players at risk and almost cost us the game.

The Leeds tactics were obvious. They were timewasting and looking to nobble our players at every opportunity yet the ref did nothing to stop it and the game spiraled out of his control.

As fans there's nothing we can really do about it but I really do hope that as a collection of organisations and individuals the club, Football League, Refs Association (or whatever they brand themselves as these days!) the ref himself and those players and staff at Leeds, they recognise what a shocking display it was from many involved.

It really is shocking that paul is defending his jugement on the other Pugh challenge that looked like a red to me. The Brown Ledge challenge which looked a pretty nailed on challenge from behind that goes through the player to me. The chat to Brown as a last warning and to calm down followed shortly after by another horrific challenge that went totally unpunished and then another nasty one in the second half where he got no cards again. Oh and then there was the assault on Pearce in the box which is the most blatant penalty I've ever seen.