17 years of hurt...

RepressedRoyal

Re: 17 years of hurt...

by RepressedRoyal » 15 May 2012 13:45

floyd__streete
Ian Royal
RepressedRoyal Please don't tell me that after Quinn's third goal we got it back to 4-4 before losing on penalties? I was already heading out of Wembley at 4-3 so I must have missed it! Sh1t!! Who got our equaliser and who missed in the penalty shoot-out? I knew I should have watched the highlights...... for 17 years I thought we had lost 4-3!!!

We lost 4-3. It didn't go to penalties, just extra time. Normal time finished 2-2 when they equalised on about 88 minutes.

:|

Dearie me, Ian.

Dearie me indeed Floyd....i think that one bypassed Ian a bit :D

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 15 May 2012 16:53

Big Ern What I do remember well and still leaves a bad taste in my mouth was the behavior of the Bolton fans as we were leaving Wembley. They seemed more intent on rubbing it in as opposed to celebrating their own success. For this alone, I have no sympathy for them, except for Fabrice for whome I still prey for every day.

Indeed. A massive bunch of wakners. After the game one of them took a flag of a young girl, snapped it in half and chucked it off Wembley way.

A marked difference in approach to the Brentford fans I met after the 2002 game who offered nothing but congratulations and good wishes (with the exception of crutch boy, but he represented a tiny minority).

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 May 2012 17:06

RepressedRoyal
floyd__streete
Ian Royal
We lost 4-3. It didn't go to penalties, just extra time. Normal time finished 2-2 when they equalised on about 88 minutes.

:|

Dearie me, Ian.

Dearie me indeed Floyd....i think that one bypassed Ian a bit :D

I take my whooooshing with the full shame it deserves. Must pay more attention and skim read less.

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 15 May 2012 17:11

Jerry St Clair
Big Ern What I do remember well and still leaves a bad taste in my mouth was the behavior of the Bolton fans as we were leaving Wembley. They seemed more intent on rubbing it in as opposed to celebrating their own success. For this alone, I have no sympathy for them, except for Fabrice for whome I still prey for every day.

Indeed. A massive bunch of wakners. After the game one of them took a flag of a young girl, snapped it in half and chucked it off Wembley way.

A marked difference in approach to the Brentford fans I met after the 2002 game who offered nothing but congratulations and good wishes (with the exception of crutch boy, but he represented a tiny minority).

Not so sure about that.

IIRC there were a fair few Brentford fans on the pitch being held back by stewards while we celebrated with the players. Crutch boy was hilarious though!

Plus the window of our train was put through by a brick on the way home.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 15 May 2012 18:50

I was ashamed for about 3 seconds for feeling like this on Sunday. I come on here, and realise I'm amongst friends :lol: