Guthrie reception thread/poll

What reception will you give Danny Guthrie if he plays on Monday?

Poll ended at 18 Dec 2012 09:47
Cheer/applaud, he's apologised so is ok?
74%
Boo, hiss, due to his antics?
26%

Total votes: 127
LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Guthrie reception thread/poll

by LoyalRoyal22 » 22 Dec 2012 17:27

ddetisi Couldn't really hear if he got a positive reaction or not, but he looked calm and composed on the ball when he came on.
Had a few touches that got us out of trouble that Tabb would of just tried to barrell roll out out of.

Starts next match in the same formation for me.

agree with this. Guthrie and Jem in midfield in a 4-5-1 with Pav up top. Lacks creativity, but will keep us in games

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 22 Dec 2012 17:39

LoyalRoyal22
ddetisi Couldn't really hear if he got a positive reaction or not, but he looked calm and composed on the ball when he came on.
Had a few touches that got us out of trouble that Tabb would of just tried to barrell roll out out of.

Starts next match in the same formation for me.

agree with this. Guthrie and Jem in midfield in a 4-5-1 with Pav up top. Lacks creativity, but will keep us in games

Also agreed, provided we time our substitutes sensibly (e.g. Pog off, Le Fondre on) I seriously think we have a chance, or can at least have a right go at the second half of the campaign. 2-3 new signings could do a world of good.

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 22 Dec 2012 18:00

@dannyguthrie20 Thanks for the great reception from the travelling fans after everything, means a lot, sorry we couldn't hold on

Good to see he knows Reading fans don't have to applaud him or give a warm reception after everything he's done but we need him on board and lets hope he now is. Good choice to bring him on and he has to start, his passes out wide were phenomenal and will create chances for big Pav in the long run

Divvy

by Divvy » 22 Dec 2012 19:03

He got a decent reception. Most seemed to applaud him on and he played well too. Defo should start in a 4-5-1 though as we are very limited with Legs, Tabb and Karcan. Legs to make way ideally.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 23 Dec 2012 06:53

Divvy He got a decent reception. Most seemed to applaud him on and he played well too. Defo should start in a 4-5-1 though as we are very limited with Legs, Tabb and Karcan. Legs to make way ideally.

It's blatantly bloomin' obvious, innit? Together with Pearce as captain and CB with Mapps.

Still need a right back. Neither Gunter nor Cummings good enough. Wouldn't mind trying McAnuff at left back with HRK in front to give us a bit more pace, guile and strength going forward.

Kebe tracked back well yesterday but thought he was hesitant going forward. A couple of times he had acres of space and didn't seem to have the confidence to attack it. Wonder what McCleary would have done.

Oh, and I'd have switched Pog for ALF at half time.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 23 Dec 2012 07:48

Here's hoping in can get some decent performances in before the end of the season so we get a better price when we sell him in the summer.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Dec 2012 10:44

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Divvy He got a decent reception. Most seemed to applaud him on and he played well too. Defo should start in a 4-5-1 though as we are very limited with Legs, Tabb and Karcan. Legs to make way ideally.

It's blatantly bloomin' obvious, innit? Together with Pearce as captain and CB with Mapps.

Still need a right back. Neither Gunter nor Cummings good enough. Wouldn't mind trying McAnuff at left back with HRK in front to give us a bit more pace, guile and strength going forward.

Kebe tracked back well yesterday but thought he was hesitant going forward. A couple of times he had acres of space and didn't seem to have the confidence to attack it. Wonder what McCleary would have done.

At which point I'd have sacked you on the spot.

Pog was the only reason we got any sort of decent possession in the Man City half. Their CB's would have eaten up Alfie playing up front on his own.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 24 Dec 2012 09:21

Dick Habbin's hairdo

Oh dear Let us pray for our good fortune that you have not been put in charge of anyrhing football related

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 24 Dec 2012 10:09

Instantly you could see what we have been missing when Guthrie has been out of the side. He played a couple of good switch balls that Tabb and Legs would struggle to do. Thought all in all he has put in a reasonable claim for a starting place.

He needs to be playing his usual cm role he is used to though think it would work with him jem and tabby in a flat 3 down the middle in a 4-5-1. Don't have the big build of Legs but this 3 is more than capable of covering the ground.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 24 Dec 2012 12:24

Dick Habbin's hairdo

Early days with Gunter, but i would suggest he is good enough, from what i have seen. Apart from Wigan away i think he has done ok

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 24 Dec 2012 14:37

He just tweeted saying ` feeling fresh, fit and ready to start`

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 24 Dec 2012 15:04

Dick Habbin's hairdo Wouldn't mind trying McAnuff at left back with HRK in front to give us a bit more pace, guile and strength going forward.

Gilkes/Smillie nostaLOLgia.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 24 Dec 2012 15:30

LoyalRoyal22 He just tweeted saying ` feeling fresh, fit and ready to start`

Pretty much dares McDermott to leave him out.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 24 Dec 2012 15:52

Trying to give Brian no excuse to keep him benched. He looked good when he came on. Some nice passes, just what we're missing and he has to start.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 24 Dec 2012 15:54

Its not just his passing but he just knows how to position himself. Just dropping into those pockets.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 24 Dec 2012 15:58

Royal91 Its not just his passing but he just knows how to position himself. Just dropping into those pockets.

Agreed. First game against Stoke he found space so easily and created time on the ball before looking for a pass. That is what we need. No more panicking in possession leading to a long ball or conceding possession. Or certainly less so.

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 24 Dec 2012 22:52

SPARTA

Trying to give Brian no excuse to keep him benched. He looked good when he came on. Some nice passes, just what we're missing and he has to start.

The manager probably won't like that tweet. No one likes to be cajouled into doing something. He was quality when he came on against City. I just hope he learns how to keep his mouth shut, tow the line, respect the manager and respect his teamates. He is an employee after all on huge wages and should jolly well accept being benched without causing disruption.

Kebe is our Messi

by Kebe is our Messi » 24 Dec 2012 23:37

He really is desperate to play isnt he, not sure brian is clued up on twitter mind lol

Ive got a feeling he still wont start though, leigertwood had a decent enough game i thought and if he is always picked when he's sh-t, he'll definitely get picked now!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Dec 2012 08:58

Guthrie has to learn that he will only start if Sir Brian wants him to. He's his boss FFS.

I now kind of forgive the lad after that tweet and am delighted he's on board, but he really needs to continue to grow up and realise that Brian doesn't WANT to relegate the team so will obviosuly play who he genuinely feels is right for any particular game. If it aint Guthrie it aint Guthrie.

I suspect with the right mature attitude though Guthrie will get more games, if he proves himself worthy.

The Royal

by The Royal » 25 Dec 2012 11:38

Injured for another month now I guess