We Move On

123 posts
MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: We Move On

by MmmMonsterMunch » 18 Dec 2012 13:26

Tony Le Mesmer Has Nigel Gibbs spoken his 1st words of the season yet? Or the Assistant Manager?

Seems to me we have a 1st Team Coach who is World Class at Hide & Seek, and an Assistant who..oh, BM doesn't have an Assistant Manager.

Until that changes, we most definately will not be 'moving on'. Whether your Brian McDermott or Alex Ferguson, no PL manager can do a job without the proper coaching staff.

Yep good point. The poor sod has little to no support it seems.

BUT...Saying that we should be pleased because we've seen 7 goals at home is just ridiculous!! Watching us cave in & get spanked each week doesn't become a privilege because it's against PL oppo. His comments just get weirder after each defeat. Each heavier defeat I hasten to add.

We'll be lucky to get away with less than a 5 goal margin on Sat.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 18 Dec 2012 13:47

or spend what we could afford, build the side, and take relegation if/when it came, but be in great shape.

So therefore this is the rebuilt side and the great shape that we'll be going down as?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Dec 2012 13:52

Alexander Litvinenko
howser What completely amazes meabout this whole shambles is that McDermott and several posters on here see no problems in where we are ??

I'm sure McDermott knows exactly what the problems are, down to the minutest detail.

But do you really, really expect a manager ever to acknowledge that in public?

It's his job to try and boost the confidence of the squad and the supporters, no matter how dire things might be in private.

I totally agree that he can't come out and give a frank and honest appraisal of where we really are that the moment. That would be counter productive.

He really shouldn't be going quite so far as he is in trying to spin it the other way and he, if actions speak louder than words, there is a strong argument that he hasn't grasped what is going wrong out there as he hasn't done anything to change it.

RoyalX

by RoyalX » 18 Dec 2012 14:18

Bored of all this McDermott bashing - he's being punished for massively overachieving last year with an average championship squad. The entire club is out of its depth in the Premier League, not just our manager.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 18 Dec 2012 15:51

^
Nail on head

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 18 Dec 2012 16:05

Biscuit_Boy Just heard Radio Berkshire interview with Brian. It took a while, but his last comment was 'we move on'. Priceless :)

With respect what exactly do you expect him to say?

FFS :roll:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Dec 2012 16:21

:roll: agreed

sorry lads, we wont move on at all. we are going to dwell on this last defeat for weeks

:roll:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Dec 2012 16:49

Like his tactics, perhaps he could change his default cliche as it clearly isn't working either.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 18 Dec 2012 16:54

He can only work with the limited clichés at his disposal

TSI failed to buy any new ones and "great start to the season" and "push on" have failed to meet expectations

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Dec 2012 17:07

:D

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Dec 2012 17:16

I'm actually expecting a return to favour of 'it's a tough place to go' this weekend, subject to contract negotiations.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Dec 2012 17:23

ive heard that "we know what league we are in" has been let go after a training ground bust up
and we are looking to get " the boys are sick as parrots" in on emergency loan

larry1971

by larry1971 » 18 Dec 2012 17:25

Biscuit_Boy Just heard Radio Berkshire interview with Brian. It took a while, but his last comment was 'we move on'. Priceless :)

tbf there's not really much Bian can say he's doing his best to remain positive to a season that has turned into a nightmare,

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Dec 2012 17:36

Kebe is our Messi Why is everyone blaming mcdermott?

If you look into some quotes of Brians previous interviews, he says he spent his budget. Now that was anything between 4-8 million, by far the lowest in the league. Brian did his absolute best getting a balanced squad with that budget. The person (or people) we should be blaming here are zingaravich. So far they have talked the talk but hardly invested anything substantial into the playing squad. If they were serious about staying up then we would have been spending a much more significant amount of money.

Brian is doing his best with what he has had to work with. The squad isnt good enough, he knows that and we know that. Zingaravich is to blame in my opinion. Anyone who jumps on mcdermotts back needs to get their facts right.

He also said that he got everyone he wanted and that he was happy with his squad.

Feel free to blame Zingaravich that we haven't spent enough, but it's not his fault that McDermott hasn't been able to manage what he's got, put together a game plan with potential, react intelligently to almost anything happening in game this season use the money he did spent effectively, or pick his best 11.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Dec 2012 17:39

he got who he wanted, within the budget supplied
he is happy with it on that basis, and couldnt say otherwise since it would be a bit of a demotivator for the players we do have
_yeah i got some players, theyre ok i guess, but over all im unhappy with the general level of my playing staff, and think theyre all a bit shit.

why does anyone have to be to blame.its not antons fault either. he gives us what he can afford to gamble.
im happy with that

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Dec 2012 17:44

If the players and manager were performing to their maximum then I'd agree there wouldn't be any blame to apportion.

When we're not getting the best from our resources or we're causing our own problems then I think it would be neglectful (for those in a position to do soemthing about it) not to assess where the blame lies and do something to address it.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Dec 2012 17:47

like in all complex systems that fail, the blame-if you must apportion some, will lie equally placed across all the main protagonists

Blackbag

by Blackbag » 18 Dec 2012 17:48

The Prisoner I keep hearing how McD had nothing to spend in the summer. I would, however, point out that he spent more on Chris Gunter than Laudrup did on Michu.

WHAAAAAAT! :shock:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Dec 2012 18:01

melonhead like in all complex systems that fail, the blame-if you must apportion some, will lie equally placed across all the main protagonists

No, some of it will fall to all the main protagonists, that doesn't mean it's equally spread.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Dec 2012 18:07

pretty much in this case. so much so as to make the idea of trying to fix the blame to anyone in particular a bit pointless and laughable

like i said, cant attach blame to players for not being good enough
cant attach blame to a manager who was given 5 million quid for a squad that needed a massive refurbishment
cant attach blame to owner. hes given us 10 million more than wed have had otherwise, and simply didnt feel as though he could throw his investors money about any more than that.

you can blame brian for sticking with 4-4-2 too long - but i believe if he thought he had the players to play 4-5-1 effectively he would do
injuries have depleted his ability to preact, or react to problems. since hes played badly there has been no one to replace ledge with until now.
he can swap his defenders around as much as he likes- theyre all poor.

123 posts