Updated poll after Arsenal: Should he stay or should he go?

Should McD stay or go?

Sack him
66%
Keep him
34%

Total votes: 105
MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Updated poll after Arsenal: Should he stay or should he

by MmmMonsterMunch » 18 Dec 2012 00:21

Para Handy
LoyalRoyalFan Roy Keane to lift a bit of passion back into the players, because it was evidently lacking tonight.

Yeah, they looked a bit defeated tonight. Hardly surprising with you lot "supporting" them is it.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 18 Dec 2012 00:28

MmmMonsterMunch
Para Handy
LoyalRoyalFan Roy Keane to lift a bit of passion back into the players, because it was evidently lacking tonight.

Yeah, they looked a bit defeated tonight. Hardly surprising with you lot "supporting" them is it.

And.... I was talking to a particular poster. Sorry if you're too dense or pissed to understand that. I was addressing his message that's all. :roll:

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 18 Dec 2012 00:34

Perhaps you're too dense to understand that using the word 'lot' is directed at more than one person? :roll:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 18 Dec 2012 00:38

What bugs me is that good money has been spent on players who can actually play football and are quite technically gifted. Yet, since their arrival, the Manager has failed miserably to incorporate them into the team.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 18 Dec 2012 00:38

MmmMonsterMunch Perhaps you're too dense to understand that using the word 'lot' is directed at more than one person? :roll:

Monsty, I'm quite sad that we're arguing. I used the word lot in my mind to collectively describe those on HobNob that slag Brian off. It wasn't meant to denigrate Reading fans in general. Hope that helps m8.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 18 Dec 2012 00:42

Para - it's a sad state of affairs all round.

As for Brian - much as I respect what he has done....he now needs to go. The poor git is being punished for doing so well & would still be in a job had we lost gallantly in the play offs but football is a cruel game.

I guess it's kind of like buying a car for £500 to keep you ticking over until you can afford something better. Served its purpose well but time to go..

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 18 Dec 2012 00:47

MmmMonsterMunch Para - it's a sad state of affairs all round.

As for Brian - much as I respect what he has done....he now needs to go. The poor git is being punished for doing so well & would still be in a job had we lost gallantly in the play offs but football is a cruel game.

I guess it's kind of like buying a car for £500 to keep you ticking over until you can afford something better. Served its purpose well but time to go..

I disagree but that's what's the forum is for. Huggz back tho.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 18 Dec 2012 00:56

Hopefully he has learnt something tonight - 442 can't take us any further and I'll be interested to see if we change our tactics in the next few games. There were a few positives to take from tonight's game as well:

- Gorkss shouldn't be playing for us again after yet another dire performance
- Legs should finally be dropped
- Feds finally had a decent game
- We stopped playing long ball for the last 20 mins and as a result:
- We scored our first and second goals from through balls down the middle

clauski

by clauski » 18 Dec 2012 00:59

So if Gary Neville can identify our issues so easily before the match, why can't McDermott? We gifted that game away, we're not learning and we've nowhere to go (but down). Depressing.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 18 Dec 2012 01:15

Its McDermott's tactical ineptness that's oxf*rd us over.

Drop 4-4-2, drop L,wood, go 4-2-3-1 and encourage short passing. I'm sure these guys have more technical ability than they are showing. 4-4-2 prevents any passing as no triangles can be made. We are scarily rigid.

Why do you think England are so shit because they persist with 4-4-2 when other nations have evolved and adopted the more dynamic 3 in midfield.

jonnye5

by jonnye5 » 18 Dec 2012 01:40

I personally think he should stay but I can sort of see why people want to get rid of him. The problem is that I don't think we can get anyone better than him right now 1). Because of lack of managers available and 2). Being able to attract good managers at this stage of the season is difficult due to our financial circumstances and position in the league. We have a very poor group of players and those saying otherwise are deluded, mcdermott's right for the job because of what he's done getting us to this point with the resources he's had.

erica511

Re: Updated poll after Arsenal: Should he stay or should he go?

by erica511 » 14 May 2021 14:33

a few years later, people realized it was a good decision he stayed... celebrities do come and go but not athletes