The other relegation contenders - how are they doing?

129 posts
bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Villa v Newcastle

by bcubed » 29 Jan 2013 21:43

MmmMonsterMunch
SPARTA Trific result for us. Wigan sneak back for a 2-2 at Stoke, and QPR only getting a point.

A crafty Reading win tomorrow and we're looking good. A defeat wont be damaging either.

Sorry what? How is Wigan equalising good? And how is QPR getting yet another point on the board from really tough opponents good either?

Struggling to see what was good other than Villa continuing to drop like a stone.

What he said
Unless Sparta was being ironic?!

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 29 Jan 2013 21:46

bcubed
MmmMonsterMunch
SPARTA Trific result for us. Wigan sneak back for a 2-2 at Stoke, and QPR only getting a point.

A crafty Reading win tomorrow and we're looking good. A defeat wont be damaging either.

Sorry what? How is Wigan equalising good? And how is QPR getting yet another point on the board from really tough opponents good either?

Struggling to see what was good other than Villa continuing to drop like a stone.

What he said
Unless Sparta was being ironic?!

It's only a point. It keeps them close. It's a positive.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 29 Jan 2013 21:47

In fact it couldn't have been much worse apart from a QPR win

We could have hoped for and expected
Villa draw
City win
Stoke win

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Jan 2013 21:49

Don't agree at all there Sparta. QPR have remained unbeaten against really tough opponents. They will fancy their chances against anyone now.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Jan 2013 21:49

MmmMonsterMunch FFS - Those utter cnuts at QPR are going to stay up. :twisted:

Living next to one of those said utter cnuts at QPR my life would be unbearable if they did. He was a nightmare when they went up & again last year when they pulled it out of the fire. Sure to repeat it again if they do stay up. Could take it if he was a proper fan (if he was, he wouldn't gloat as much anyway) but the bastard hasn't been anywhere near Loftus Road this year - probably only found his way there when they were promoted.

Could just about live with us going down, just so long as QPR go with us!

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Jan 2013 21:51

Still no point being all doom & gloom - if we keep our own house in order & somehow manage 4 points from these next 2 I'll be delighted!

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 29 Jan 2013 21:57

bcubed In fact it couldn't have been much worse apart from a QPR win

Villa draw
City win
Stoke win

I'm looking at the bigger picture, not the immediate one. Newcastle will pull away, Villa are unlikely to under Lambert. The loss is great for us. Wigan drawing keeps them close, I'm happy with that. QPR couldn't draw, again, I'm very happy with that. The value of QPR's 'bare bones' squad is £89.5m, for 25 players, ave age 29.3. Everyone is expecting them to turn the corner, a point is fine as long as we continue to pick up wins against the lesser sides, whom we have the pick of at home to come.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 29 Jan 2013 21:58

ManchesterRoyals How much people hate Harry he does know his stuff :twisted:

Yeah but they have to win some games - they've only shown they can defend. They've still had it I reckon

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 29 Jan 2013 21:58

MmmMonsterMunch Don't agree at all there Sparta. QPR have remained unbeaten against really tough opponents. They will fancy their chances against anyone now.

So they should for the money they have invested. We can only look after ourselves mate, we know what we need to do.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Jan 2013 22:03

In March & April QPR have Saints, Sunderland, Villa, Fulham, Everton, Stoke and us.

They have a very very good chance of staying up IMO.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 29 Jan 2013 22:08

Isn't this what General Football is for?

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 29 Jan 2013 22:09

MmmMonsterMunch In March & April QPR have Saints, Sunderland, Villa, Fulham, Everton, Stoke and us.

They have a very very good chance of staying up IMO.

We have Villa, Saints, Wigan, Sunderland (did you see them tonight?) QPR at home and Norwich and Fulham away before the end of the season.

(And Saints/Wigan/Norwich/Villa etc all have games that their fans would expect them to win)
Last edited by wolsey on 29 Jan 2013 22:17, edited 1 time in total.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Jan 2013 22:16

SLAMMED Isn't this what General Football is for?

Very true.

The Royal

by The Royal » 29 Jan 2013 22:29

I think QPR and VIlla are defo going down, gonna be a 2 horse race between us and Wigan, both of us seem to have more fight about us

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 29 Jan 2013 22:34

MmmMonsterMunch Don't agree at all there Sparta. QPR have remained unbeaten against really tough opponents. They will fancy their chances against anyone now.

Apart for anyone in the Third Division.

It will be really interesting to see if they're up for the fight against bottom half opposition.

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by reading_fan » 29 Jan 2013 22:57

SPARTA
bcubed In fact it couldn't have been much worse apart from a QPR win

Villa draw
City win
Stoke win

I'm looking at the bigger picture, not the immediate one. Newcastle will pull away, Villa are unlikely to under Lambert. The loss is great for us. Wigan drawing keeps them close, I'm happy with that. QPR couldn't draw, again, I'm very happy with that. The value of QPR's 'bare bones' squad is £89.5m, for 25 players, ave age 29.3. Everyone is expecting them to turn the corner, a point is fine as long as we continue to pick up wins against the lesser sides, whom we have the pick of at home to come.

+1 to this. I think Toon will be fine so them beating Villa does us a favour. Wigan not winning was key for us tonight. Overall I'd that was a pretty decent set of results. And boy are there going to be some unhappy Villa fans in my office tomorrow!

Niko

by Niko » 29 Jan 2013 23:08

Partially agree with SPARTA's comments. Villa losing is definitely a plus, they're in freefall currently and there's no way Newcastle will be in danger of the drop come April since they've bought half of Ligue 1.

However, Wigan came from 2-0 down away from home to get a draw, which will not only give them confidence they can get results, but also you never know how much of a difference 1 point can make at the end of the season (see our last season in the prem). QPR seem to be getting a lot of draws recently, but it is all point on the board and a lot better than them losing and draining whatever confidence Harry has tried to instill.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Jan 2013 23:13

Not the best results. But Wigan didn't win. QPR didn't win. Villa lost. That is all fine for us.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 30 Jan 2013 02:40

I'd have taken this at the start of the evening.

Should we lose tomorrow, in what is one of our toughest remaining fixtures, it will be no disaster whilst just a point will take us out of the bottom 3.......................................not bad for a team who were relegated weeks ago, apparently :roll:

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 30 Jan 2013 06:20

The results from yesterday weren't bad for us. Would I have liked Villa and Newcastle to draw? Yep. Would I have prefered Wigan had lost? Absolutely! Would a better outcome been a QPR loss? Of course.

But...

We are a single point from being out of the zone and hopefully have one or two new names on the roster by Feb. 1st...nothing has really changed, including us needing to continue to get results.

129 posts