What is your home match-day routine

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

Re: What is your home match-day routine

by P!ssed Off » 15 Aug 2013 17:21

Gunny Fishcake
Haag Royal Catch the plane from Amsterdam Schiphol, arrive in Reading via Heathrow T5 Heathrow-Reading raillink coach. Bite to eat with my folks, jump on the bike and cycle to the ground about 30 mins away, watch Reading win/lose/draw, cycle back, and if I don't stay in Reading the weekend, lift back to Heathrow and back in Holland before it gets too dark. Not so simples.

Respect !

Don't get too carried away tbf:
"The average flight time from London Heathrow to Amsterdam is 1h 10min"
"£97 was the cheapest return price from London Heathrow to Amsterdam last month"

Don't want to put a downer on it but it's probably actually easier to fly in from a nearby country each game than drive from the Midlands or up North which is pretty strange.
Still good support though.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 15 Aug 2013 17:30

Get dropped at Acre Rd around 14:00
Treat the littlens to some over-priced food and drink
Get to out seats around 20 minutes before kick-off
Get picked up from Acre Rd around 17:10

Living life on the edge!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 15 Aug 2013 18:09

Para Handy You were less annoying as KK and that's saying something.

Yep, LOL @ wasting in time sneering in judgement at something you're too aloof to do any more :roll:

Routine?

Crack one out, then take a bus, train and bus down to the south of the town; its the south of the town when you're there at the ground, its the Rumblestix which make you so proud.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 15 Aug 2013 18:18

P!ssed Off
Gunny Fishcake
Haag Royal Catch the plane from Amsterdam Schiphol, arrive in Reading via Heathrow T5 Heathrow-Reading raillink coach. Bite to eat with my folks, jump on the bike and cycle to the ground about 30 mins away, watch Reading win/lose/draw, cycle back, and if I don't stay in Reading the weekend, lift back to Heathrow and back in Holland before it gets too dark. Not so simples.

Respect !

Don't get too carried away tbf:
"£97 was the cheapest return price from London Heathrow to Amsterdam last month"

Don't want to put a downer on it but it's probably actually easier to fly in from a nearby country each game than drive from the Midlands or up North which is pretty strange.

Eh? Like to see you try it mate. You seem to assume I live at Schiphol. I walk to the station, train to Leiden, change, then train to Schiphol. Check in etc, get to heathrow eventually. Then - coach to Reading Station, 26 bus to Southcote then 5 min walk to my folks. That's before I jump on my bike to cycle to the ground

Nothing to do with price. Not looking for sympathy as it's my choice but dont suggest it's easier than driving from the Midlands. I'd swap it anyday

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 15 Aug 2013 18:53

Haag Royal
P!ssed Off
Gunny Fishcake Don't get too carried away tbf:

Eh? Like to see you try it mate. You seem to assume I live at Schiphol. I walk to the station, train to Leiden, change, then train to Schiphol. Check in etc, get to heathrow eventually. Then - coach to Reading Station, 26 bus to Southcote then 5 min walk to my folks. That's before I jump on my bike to cycle to the ground

Nothing to do with price. Not looking for sympathy as it's my choice but dont suggest it's easier than driving from the Midlands. I'd swap it anyday

Only posted because I find it interesting that travelling by air from another country is often quicker and cheaper than driving from within the same country.
As I said "Still good support though."
Plus I was mainly comparing it to time consumption and price. Obviously your way is more effort than just driving.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 15 Aug 2013 18:56

Haag Royal Eh? Like to see you try it mate. You seem to assume I live at Schiphol. I walk to the station, train to Leiden, change, then train to Schiphol. Check in etc, get to heathrow eventually. Then - coach to Reading Station, 26 bus to Southcote then 5 min walk to my folks. That's before I jump on my bike to cycle to the ground

Confirm you do that every home game? (or virtually every game?)

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 15 Aug 2013 19:09

Had season ticket for about 6/7 years. Get to most the home games, this season for example probably be like 15 out of 23

Leave Derbyshire at about 11am, arrive into pangbourne to park at my dad`s, he drives us to his old work place near morrisons where we park, straight walk into ground, used to buy a programme, dont bother anymore. Back to my dads for dinner. Leave Pangbourne at about 7pm and be home for shortly after 9pm. Say hello to my mrs, then put laptop on, go onto reading player for reaction, go onto hob nob and then basically wait for MOTD/FLS :D

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 15 Aug 2013 19:32

bobby1413
Haag Royal Eh? Like to see you try it mate. You seem to assume I live at Schiphol. I walk to the station, train to Leiden, change, then train to Schiphol. Check in etc, get to heathrow eventually. Then - coach to Reading Station, 26 bus to Southcote then 5 min walk to my folks. That's before I jump on my bike to cycle to the ground

Yes and have done for the last 3 years. In fact I sit near a guy who I am told last year did the same trip from Montreal. Again practially every game I believe. Now that's committment.

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 15 Aug 2013 20:19

12.30 - Glass of sherry, usually a Fino

1.00 - Lunch. Glass of white, usually a Sancerre

2.15 - Picked up by chauffeur and driven to the Madjeski

Half Time interval - two nips of Scotch from my flask

Full Time - Picked up and driven home

7.30 - Dinner. Two glasses of red, usually a Merlot

9.00 - bj from my girl friend if I'm lucky

9.30 - Tucked up in bed

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 15 Aug 2013 20:24

Old Biscuitman 12.30 - Glass of sherry, usually a Fino

1.00 - Lunch. Glass of white, usually a Sancerre
2.15 - Picked up by chauffeur and driven to the Madjeski
Half Time interval - two nips of Scotch from my flask
Full Time - Picked up and driven home
7.30 - Dinner. Two glasses of red, usually a Merlot
9.00 - bj from my girl friend if I'm lucky
9.30 - Tucked up in bed

Very classy, especially the BJ - sounds ideal to me

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 15 Aug 2013 20:25

Haag Royal
bobby1413

Yes and have done for the last 3 years. In fact I sit near a guy who I am told last year did the same trip from Montreal. Again practially every game I believe. Now that's committment.

Wow, respect to you for that. That is commitment. I thought my lengthy travel from Bracknell was hard going :wink: Good to see dedicated fans going to great lengths to support the club.

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 15 Aug 2013 20:55

There are two:-

1/ Wake up, coffee, cigarette. Tell kids I can't afford to take them all to the match, so we won't go. Fill up beer fridge. Pretend to do DIY until 14.50pm. Take radio into garden and grab a can (been working hard all day, sweetheart!). Spend 2 hours jumping about and swearing. Go to bed elated, or neutral or morose (w,d,l).

2/ Wake up, coffee, cigarette. Tell kids I can't afford to take them all to the match, so we won't go. Fill up beer fridge. Pretend to do DIY until 13.30pm. Say I need to look at materials. Go to match. Feel terribly guilty driving home but also elated, neutral or morose. Hit beer fridge. Go to bed.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 15 Aug 2013 21:00

FridaysGhost 2/ Wake up, coffee, cigarette. Tell kids I can't afford to take them all to the match, so we won't go. Fill up beer fridge. Pretend to do DIY until 13.30pm. Say I need to look at materials. Go to match. Feel terribly guilty driving home but also elated, neutral or morose. Hit beer fridge. Go to bed.

Haha, you bad bad Father! :lol:

ade_kent_royal

by ade_kent_royal » 15 Aug 2013 21:03

Try and crawl out of bed about 8, which ain't
easy when you've worked 2 jobs Weds,Thur,Fri
From 5am to 9pm. Go to morrisons and get shopping
which helps keep her in indoors happy as I'm going
to Reading for weekend. Leave home about 10 and
pick up my 2 boys a couple of miles away.
Set off from the garden of England in good spirit
about the days events. Reach the m25 and curse lots
at the gridlock traffic cos of the poxy roadworks.
Eventually get to the old mans in Reading for a
quick bit of nose bag before leaving for the ground
and indulging for the afternoon in my 35 year
addiction.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 15 Aug 2013 21:06

Drink as much beer as I can between 12-30pm and 2-30pm
Bus to ground
Minesweep the shelves in North Stand
Attempt to watch the game through drunken haze while dropping numerous expletives
Verbally abuse stewards for letting cars out at end of game
Walk in middle of road towards buses to annoy said cars.
Numerous pubs in town or Fox & Hounds
Verbally abuse server in Subway while staring at young women going into Sekura
Pass out on sofa

Or something like that

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 15 Aug 2013 21:22

Has anyone here got a number 6 from town down to Acre Road / Whitley, and walked to the ground? I'm guessing this is a pretty smooth running route as it avoids A33, and can get on at Market Place.

Thinking of doing that on Saturday.

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 15 Aug 2013 21:25

bobby1413
FridaysGhost 2/ Wake up, coffee, cigarette. Tell kids I can't afford to take them all to the match, so we won't go. Fill up beer fridge. Pretend to do DIY until 13.30pm. Say I need to look at materials. Go to match. Feel terribly guilty driving home but also elated, neutral or morose. Hit beer fridge. Go to bed.

Haha, you bad bad Father! :lol:

No, a poor, poor father! All of my money looks after my wife and kids. I may occasionaly be able to afford one ticket!

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 15 Aug 2013 21:26

genome 7:00am - Wake up
7:05am - Pint
7:30am - Pint
9:00am - Pint (and a shit)
10:00am - Pint
11:30am - Pint
12:30pm - Bus
12:50pm - Pint
1:30pm - Bus to Stadium
2:00pm - Pint
2:20pm - Pint
2:40pm - Pint
3:00pm - First Half
3:45pm - Pint
4:00pm - Second Half
4:45pm - Pint
5:00pm - Bus to town
5:30pm - Pint
6:00pm - Pint
6:25pm - Pint
6:45pm - Pint
7:10pm - Pint
7:35pm - Pint
8:00pm - Pint
8:30pm - Pint
8:50pm - Pint
9:00pm - A&E

I don't believe you can drink that much without having a single piss

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 15 Aug 2013 22:11

bobby1413
I want to watch Man United game but don't want to stay at the ground.

This is so wrong!

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 15 Aug 2013 22:13

OldBiscuit
bobby1413
I want to watch Man United game but don't want to stay at the ground.

This is so wrong!

Eh? :|