Other
6%

Total votes: 160
MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: What's to blame?

by MmmMonsterMunch » 05 Jan 2014 19:37

sandman
MmmMonsterMunch The team we got 3 points and stole another off?

Aahh I see. Amazing how we didn't steal any points when we won the league according to you though. Can't have it both ways love.

Berry

by Berry » 05 Jan 2014 19:54

Di you know that Guthrie has one leg slightly shorter than the other which makes his passes stray slightly on his right side, Maybe if we move the system over to the right there could be a real case of winning games...just my view guys

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 05 Jan 2014 19:56

Berry Di you know that Guthrie has one leg slightly shorter than the other which makes his passes stray slightly on his right side, Maybe if we move the system over to the right there could be a real case of winning games...just my view guys

See you in 2023

Berry

by Berry » 05 Jan 2014 19:57

Lacoste
Berry Di you know that Guthrie has one leg slightly shorter than the other which makes his passes stray slightly on his right side, Maybe if we move the system over to the right there could be a real case of winning games...just my view guys

See you in 2023

You small beautiful baby :wink:

Berry

by Berry » 05 Jan 2014 20:00

In all seriouness I would blame god for creating Hob Nob on the first day and Adkins Reading on the 2nd day, If it had been the other way round then we would be top of the League for sure

CayeneMatt

Re: Why Cant We...

by CayeneMatt » 05 Jan 2014 20:01

Berry
Lacoste
Berry Play like Forest, Watched them demolish Wet Sham earlier on and what sprung to mind was how similar our players are to Forest....The difference being that Forest play to a system that everyone seems to know and enjoy, Guthrie and Reid, Lansbury and Baird, Surely Its not that difficult to have a succesful Midfield partnership as Forest do....Thoughts?

Twat

Nice.....Waiting for the abuse...I havent posted since 2005, so I guess I will disappear in a bullied haze ; )

Don't allow the resident uneducated chav moron to put you off.

Berry

by Berry » 05 Jan 2014 20:03

No youre right, Stoop low and you get poop on your shoes.... :lol:

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 06 Jan 2014 12:47

Instead of asking why and how it all went wrong, We should be asking why and how it all went right - Brian achieved a minor miracle when we last won the championship - we can't expect another miracle, can we?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 06 Jan 2014 13:13

I guess really it would have to be management regardless of what is going on behind the scenes

Question is if we were under stable ownership would NA improve? Personally can't see it unless he is given £30m

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 06 Jan 2014 15:21

loyalroyal4life I guess really it would have to be management regardless of what is going on behind the scenes

Question is if we were under stable ownership would NA improve? Personally can't see it unless he is given £30m

Or sells to cover a large part of that

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Jan 2014 15:47

Only 9% of HNA thinks the ownership shambles is in the top 2 reasons to blame for our current shambles.

Hence 91% of HNA is thick as dog turd.

Sorry, but someone had to say it.

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 06 Jan 2014 16:06

Well, lets assume Adkins tells the players his tactics and what he wants them to do, each game. There's 3 possibilities:

1. The players decide not to follow his tactics
2. The players try to follow his tactics but aren't yet skilled enough to play this way
3. The tactics dont work

From his time at southampton, we know his tactics do work, so we can rule out number 3. Its hard to tell which of the remaining two is most likely.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 06 Jan 2014 16:21

The players can't do it is my most likely scenario.

They are clearly trying.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 06 Jan 2014 16:29

ZacNaloen They are clearly trying.

Very trying

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 06 Jan 2014 16:31

Trying My Patience.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 06 Jan 2014 16:32

ZacNaloen The players can't do it is my most likely scenario.

:lol:

Nothing whatsoever to do with Nigel Adkins then :?:

Reminds me of the episode of Fawlty Towers when he won't give the unmarried couple a double room; "Law of the land, nothing to do with me".

I bet if you gave Nigel Adkins another £35 million he'd get the players to do it :!:

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 06 Jan 2014 16:35

floyd__streete
ZacNaloen The players can't do it is my most likely scenario.

:lol:

Nothing whatsoever to do with Nigel Adkins then :?:

Reminds me of the episode of Fawlty Towers when he won't give the unmarried couple a double room; "Law of the land, nothing to do with me".

I bet if you gave Nigel Adkins another £35 million he'd get the players to do it :!:

You could say Adkins hasn't been able to coach the players to do it in his time here. But personally don't think that is not fair, would take years to get these players good enough.

And anyway Adkins is barely plays his preferred style even at the moment, but there's not any penetration playing the more direct style they are more used to. If you recall, Mcdermott had this issue before getting a few key players in that Adkins doesn't have available.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Jan 2014 16:45

2 world wars, 1 world cup Only 9% of HNA thinks the ownership shambles is in the top 2 reasons to blame for our current shambles.

Hence 91% of HNA is thick as dog turd.

Sorry, but someone had to say it.

"Oh I love excuses, nothing better than a homemade lie"

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 06 Jan 2014 17:09

Which of our players specifically do people think are unable to play 'Adkins way', which I'm assuming we're boiling down to essentially being able to quickly receive and pass the ball into effective areas?

If we're talking about Pearce/Gorkks/Morrison, then there are very few CBs (at this level) who can pass it effectively. Our full backs are either internationals (in the case of Bridge and *ahem* Gunter), or came through decent academies (Cummings) - so you'd assume that they can do it if asked. I can't be arsed to go through the midfielders and forwards as you'd expect professional footballers in these positions (unless they're water-carrier / ball harriers like Karacan/Leigertwood) to have come through solely on their technical ability in touch, passing, shooting etc.

It seems strange to me because having spent a fair bit of time watching the academy boys* at most age groups - they are all about the playing it out from the back, quick, sharp passing and movement - so you'd think anyone that came through there would have had that type of play drilled into them.

I guess i'm saying that I don't buy into this group of players not being able to do it. I just think it's going to take this season for them to become comfortable on the ball individually, probably hit rock bottom results wise, then they can go again next year without the expectation of an immediate Prem return. It's almost like in the last periods of games when we revert to going more direct the players see that we create more so are probably struggling to buy into the system themselves...

* No Watkins-o - My son plays up there #humblebrag

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 06 Jan 2014 17:27

Hardly seems credible that the whole squad is incapable of managing the basic building blocks of their chosen profession, you'd probably have to look elsewhere for a serious common denominator shirley? :?