BFTG Derby (H)

131 posts
RG7Fan

Re: BFTG Derby (H)

by RG7Fan » 15 Mar 2014 20:39

bobby1413
RG7Fan Ref - probably the worst we've had in the last 2 years. I just didn't think they could get any worse.

The ref was fine.

Everything that went against us was for a reason. Nowt wrong with that.

You are having a laugh aren't you...

Jemba

by Jemba » 15 Mar 2014 20:49

Ref was really good, so was Mcleary and Mcanuff and when Le Fondre came on I thought he made a real difference. Nick Blackman isn't a football genius and Hal Robson Kanu doesn't run down the wing. All in all good very good

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 15 Mar 2014 20:49

McCarrty - 8 - Good punch to clear one attack, saved well when 1 on 1
Obita - 8 - Pretty quick, strong, passes and crosses well, but got beaten badly once. Good game and official MOM
Gunter - 9 - Fast, strong and all round great game. Solid performance
Gorks - 8 - Solid but lacks pace
Pearce - 8 - Good game for him, nothing bad but nothing great either
Akpan - 5 - Didn't want the ball, looked ungainly, awareness is poor and missed a sitter. Should be dropped, the weak link, but who do we have to replace him ?
Guthrie - 8 - Great passing and involved in a lot of the play
McCleary - 7 - Obviously not right after his injury but still caused Derby a lot of problems.
Drenthe - 8 - He has a wicked left foot, his crosses were great. But was kicked all over the place by Derby shyte. Needs to be a bit fitter, and leaner if possible :)
Kanu - 6 - Did well until his injury caused his to be replaced by Alfie quite early on
McAnuff - 6 - Ran about and tried hard, but not a great day for him.
Blackman - 7 - Did ok but missed a great chance
Alfie - 6 - Ran about a bit, missed two great chances, can't beat his man.

Ref was shyte, he blew up for any contact breaking up the game and missed a lot too.
Derby were a solid team, pretty quick too. We were very good, but lack that cutting edge / quality / something special up front.

My MOM - Gunter

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 15 Mar 2014 20:58

I can't believe the lack of appreciation for McCleary today. He set up LeFondre's two open goals, Akpan's close miss, Blackwood's volley over the crossbar, the one that two people dummied from about a yard out and linked well with Gunter all the way through.

Drenthe was great to watch and good for the team, but probably stayed on for 5/10 minutes too long this week; once he left we managed to regain control of the game and should have won it.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 15 Mar 2014 20:58

The ref was good. Every fan complains against him but in reality I think about 90% of the matches they perform really well. The Reading vs Derby match included.

If you are thinking he didn't perform well because of ONE decision then I think you're mis guided

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 15 Mar 2014 21:00

Thought the ref was OK. He did miss a stonewall handball early in the game, and let us off lightly. Could easily have been conceded 4 in the first half, they had a couple of bad misses. Alfs was pretty criminal, not sure why Akpan tried to head the ball at ground level when he could have possibly got a foot on it. Alex M again saved our bacon. McCleary put some wonderful crosses in, if only Pog was in the box. McCleary really didn't seem in the game much though. A good nil nil but I just feel the playoffs look beyond us. If there was a big problem it clearly exposed itself today, and that's the gap we leave in front of the back four. We leave far too much space. I won't be drawn on Jobi. Less said the better.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 15 Mar 2014 21:01

bobby1413
SPARTA
bobby1413 Ok, the worst thing about having a season ticket, or in fact a ticket at football is the fans.

I sit at the top of Y25, and the rows GG I think, and HH are the worst, on the right side (as you look at the pitch). Today I had the group of 6 youths who looked about 14 (not being sarcastic, they were about this age) jumping around like idiots.

The group nearer the steps were the same, looked early 20s, spread over 2 rows and just shouting idiotic things all the way through. One was obsessed with Jamie Ward, as he continually shouted (very witty) things such as "WARD YOU CUUUUUUNT", "YOU'RE A WANNNNNKER WARD", "HAHA WARD YOU DIIIICK". It was so funny :roll:

Yep! I'm at the back too in CC and that twat and his obsession with Ward was getting on my tits as well.

You must sit right near me. I'm in row JJ (the last row). However people do stand behind in the area where there are no seats, just standing room.

I'm the dickhead in the glasses stood behind you :lol:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 15 Mar 2014 21:07

Will95
bobby1413
SPARTA
Yep! I'm at the back too in CC and that twat and his obsession with Ward was getting on my tits as well.

You must sit right near me. I'm in row JJ (the last row). However people do stand behind in the area where there are no seats, just standing room.

I'm the dickhead in the glasses stood behind you :lol:

Are you William Owen Pond?

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 15 Mar 2014 21:11

I think I have a stalker :shock: :lol:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 15 Mar 2014 21:15

This thread just proves people have very varying opinions. :shock: when watching the same thing.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Mar 2014 21:20

On ALF's miss - I had a very poor view of it, but I thought it was one of those awkward ones where he's beyond the back post and the ball is coming in slightly behind him, with him having to reset his body shape and pulling wide of the goal.

But if peops say it was a shocker I'll take their word for it.

How their player didn't beat McCarthy one on one I have no idea. I thought that was far and away the best chance of the match.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 15 Mar 2014 21:28

Ian Royal On ALF's miss - I had a very poor view of it, but I thought it was one of those awkward ones where he's beyond the back post and the ball is coming in slightly behind him, with him having to reset his body shape and pulling wide of the goal.

How their player didn't beat McCarthy one on one I have no idea. I thought that was far and away the best chance of the match.

Wasn't the handball a better chance? Has anybody seen it on the telly yet?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Mar 2014 21:33

Ascotexgunner not sure why Akpan tried to head the ball at ground level when he could have possibly got a foot on it.

Have you seen Akpan kick the ball?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 15 Mar 2014 21:48

SCIAG
Ascotexgunner not sure why Akpan tried to head the ball at ground level when he could have possibly got a foot on it.

Have you seen Akpan kick the ball?

Point taken :)

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 15 Mar 2014 21:51

Handsome Man
Ian Royal On ALF's miss - I had a very poor view of it, but I thought it was one of those awkward ones where he's beyond the back post and the ball is coming in slightly behind him, with him having to reset his body shape and pulling wide of the goal.

Wasn't the handball a better chance? Has anybody seen it on the telly yet?

It was right in front of me but it was so quick. If he did handle it it fooled me, but I wonder if he did need to do that.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 15 Mar 2014 21:55

Will95
bobby1413
Will95
Are these ST holders and at most aways? If so I know them :lol: they're decent guys (some of them) but like to act all big and 'ard at the football, ignore them (if it's them). And they're 15 :wink:

Will... do you stand at the very back of Y25?

I've got nowt against those guys, but it's annoying as they seem to just talk all game about shiiiit which has nothing to do with the game. They do honestly look about 14 but it's clear they are passionate fans.

Back of Y24/Y25 yeah, they're my brothers mates and decent kids but they try and act up and it winds us all up. You're right though, they really do care about the club and it's nice to see a fair few younger people coming through and doing most games home and away.

I don't think it's nice to see any youngsters coming through if they're just acting like total pcunts.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 15 Mar 2014 22:04

I thought ALF's miss was simply that the ball came very fast at him and a bit unexpected and he tried to kick it ... but probably would have scored if he'd just got any part of his body onto the ball ...

Agree with others that I thought the ref was OK - missed 2 handballs in a row, but maybe he didn't give them because they were not intentional.

Caversham Royal

by Caversham Royal » 15 Mar 2014 23:02

EarleyRoyal16 McCleary getting some decent reviews on here, but I thought he had one of his worst games today. Opinions aye.

Bizzare decision to take off Drenthe rather than Garath/McAnuff.

Although Drenthe did miss a fairly simple chance in the first half.

ALF's miss was embarrassing, what is wrong with him lately? Also, don't fully understand why he felt the need to handball it in, if he isn't gonna reach it then why do such an obvious handball which ultimately gets him booked? Stupid from him.

Gunter MOTM.

Le Fondre wishes he was Jimmy Quinn or Jamie Cureton. Sadly, he will never be either......

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Mar 2014 23:06

Old or lazy?

Caversham Royal

by Caversham Royal » 15 Mar 2014 23:09

As good a striker in his prime

131 posts