Relegation dogfight
15%
Relegation
5%

Total votes: 173
Zana Badawi

Re: Where Will We Finish This Season?

by Zana Badawi » 04 Oct 2014 17:55

Ian Royal Why are so many people unhappy with how we're doing, seeing as the majority are getting what they expected or better?

Because, oh I don't know and stop me if this is crazy, but there is a difference between predicting midtable and wanting to be midtable?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 04 Oct 2014 18:04

Ian Royal Why are so many people unhappy with how we're doing, seeing as the majority are getting what they expected or better?

Feels like such a weak league this season .... and we're still only mid-table. A decent team could easily get promoted ...

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 04 Oct 2014 18:08

Why are so many people unhappy with how we're doing, seeing as the majority are getting what they expected or better?

Yep, I'm ecstatic over getting two points from the last possible 12. Oh and also being knocked out of the League cup. Yahoooooooo!!

Nomad_Royal

by Nomad_Royal » 04 Oct 2014 18:17

Zana Badawi

Because, oh I don't know and stop me if this is crazy, but there is a difference between predicting midtable and wanting to be midtable?

^^^^What he said many times over

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 04 Oct 2014 18:33

Royalwaster

Feels like such a weak league this season .... and we're still only mid-table. A decent team could easily get promoted ...

Who wants to go up and just be whipping boys............

I'm happy to wait until we've another 107 point team. I've no interested in watching a league, paying inflated ticket prices, where it's a fight for relegation places.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 04 Oct 2014 18:45

Lower West
Royalwaster

Who wants to go up and just be whipping boys............

I'm happy to wait until we've another 107 point team. I've no interested in watching a league, paying inflated ticket prices, where it's a fight for relegation places.

You forgot about the less games to play, the predictable outcome in matches and playing lots of games at stupid times for telly. I love my midweek and Sat afternoon games. The odd Friday and Sundays OK but the bloody PL is ridiculous.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Oct 2014 22:34

Wah wah wah. We've had a couple of draws and losses.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 04 Oct 2014 23:27

Royalwaster

People say that every year. People also say that it's a really strong league every year. People also make this remark every year.

I think it is safe to say the league is probably getting slightly stronger as it gets richer (and teams find it easier to attract players from abroad), we're just totally unable to make that judgement. The relative strengths of sets of 24 teams each playing 46 matches, years apart? Way beyond human intuition.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 05 Oct 2014 00:06

SCIAG I think it is safe to say the league is probably getting slightly stronger as it gets richer (and teams find it easier to attract players from abroad),

Overpaid foreigners doesn't appear to be strengthening the Championship. Been silly amounts of money paid for average players. Le Fondre and Morrison being good indicators. Wages are out of line with quality.

Wandered over the road to watch Swindon a few times this year. Total wage bill has been cut back to £1.25 million. A real eye opener to what can be achieved with young players.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Oct 2014 00:15

we haven't done "that badly" with our own kids thus far

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 05 Oct 2014 01:22

Reasonable replies to Ian Royal's question.

Ian Royal Wah wah wah. We've had a couple of draws and losses.

CLOLassic Ian Royal

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Oct 2014 20:02

P!ssed Off

CLOLassic Ian Royal

What reasonable replies. We've gone on a short run of disappointing results. Something that is part and parcel with the Championship. Particularly a mid-table campaign and even many play off campaigns. Regardless of what people want to see happening (and we all agree we want to win most weeks and get promoted), reality dictates we need to have realistic expectations given the resources we have at our disposal.

Now if we can stay in touch with the Play Off lot for much of the season, we've all seen how a good run can catapult you into genuine contenders at the line.

The thing about works in progress and mid-table sides, is that they are inconsistent. Some times they'll perform as intended and sometimes they'll under perform.

All we're getting is the usual toys out of the pram when things don't automatically go our way. It's Brentford, we're better than them. Well no, actually. Right now we aren't. Get used to it and you'll enjoy your season more and stop putting such a downer on it for people who do have realistic expectations and a sense of perspective.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 05 Oct 2014 20:34

Ian Royal
P!ssed Off

CLOLassic Ian Royal

What reasonable replies. We've gone on a short run of disappointing results. Something that is part and parcel with the Championship. Particularly a mid-table campaign and even many play off campaigns. Regardless of what people want to see happening (and we all agree we want to win most weeks and get promoted), reality dictates we need to have realistic expectations given the resources we have at our disposal.

Now if we can stay in touch with the Play Off lot for much of the season, we've all seen how a good run can catapult you into genuine contenders at the line.

The thing about works in progress and mid-table sides, is that they are inconsistent. Some times they'll perform as intended and sometimes they'll under perform.

All we're getting is the usual toys out of the pram when things don't automatically go our way. It's Brentford, we're better than them. Well no, actually. Right now we aren't. Get used to it and you'll enjoy your season more and stop putting such a downer on it for people who do have realistic expectations and a sense of perspective.

You got upset after 3 or 4 people on the internet answered your own oxf*rd question!
Utter mentalist.

Though I completely understand your general point. A poll was indeed taken in July 2014 when Reading were the only team in the division to have not signed a player and were facing looming administration due to numerous failed takeovers. This poll suggested Reading fans expected a midtable finish.

Having indicated in a poll in July that I expected a midtable finish, it is now completely oxf*rd unreasonable of me, or anyone else, three months later, to state dissatisfaction at losing 3-1 to one of the worst squads in the division. It's completely irrelevant that we've since signed 5 new players and the takeover situation has been resolved. The poll was taken, and it is final!

Can I invite anyone who does not wish to express a positive opinion about the state of affairs at Reading FC to kindly oxf*rd off. This forum is intended to keep Ian Royal happy, and you nasty people are ruining his experience!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 05 Oct 2014 20:47

Ian Royal
P!ssed Off

CLOLassic Ian Royal

P!ssed Off You got upset after 3 or 4 people on the internet answered your own oxf*rd question!
Utter mentalist.

Though I completely understand your general point. A poll was indeed taken in July 2014 when Reading were the only team in the division to have not signed a player and were facing looming administration due to numerous failed takeovers. This poll suggested Reading fans expected a midtable finish.

Having indicated in a poll in July that I expected a midtable finish, it is now completely oxf*rd unreasonable of me, or anyone else, three months later, to state dissatisfaction at losing 3-1 to one of the worst squads in the division. It's completely irrelevant that we've since signed 5 new players and the takeover situation has been resolved. The poll was taken, and it is final!

Can I invite anyone who does not wish to express a positive opinion about the state of affairs at Reading FC to kindly oxf*rd off. This forum is intended to keep Ian Royal happy, and you nasty people are ruining his experience!

Sorry but this post is ridiculous! The correct spelling is Ian ROFLoyal.