BFTG/OTWH Derby (H) 0-3

155 posts
RG30
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG/OTWH Derby (H) 0-3

by RG30 » 18 Oct 2014 21:36

Undeniably an improvement in performance from Brentford but when you give away the soft as shit goals we have we stood little chance. Derby are a very good team but they didn't have to break sweat today.

We played well at Sheffield Wednesday without taking anything and again today we had decent opportunities.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 18 Oct 2014 21:42

Adkins Evolution Derby contesting a drop ball when the ref stopped play for a nothing 'head injury' and we had clear possession of the ball.

That "head injury" was very strange. Occurred way off the ball. We were on the attack, suddenly their guy is on the floor clutching his head and Cox seemed to be telling the ref to stop the game. At the time I thought it must be something serious given the reaction. But he was up and fine in no time. Did anyone see what happened?

tomdcfc87

by tomdcfc87 » 18 Oct 2014 22:31

Derby fan here.

Delighted (obviously) with winning for the first time in a decade at my old uni town.

Just a few comments:

I thought the game was even and perhaps Derby were more creative of "good and clear cut" opportunities, but certainly it wasn;t a 3-0 win game.
On the soft head injury, you may have noticed that Keogh didn't appear for the second half - clearly an accidental but potentially serious collision resulting in a head injury.
As the previous Ram said, the injuries disrupted us and I thought we were average at best; we've certainly played better and drawn/lost this year. The results for you will come.
I thought the ref did seem to "favour" us, but, I can equally see why - Murray grabbed Whitbread at every opportunity from the word go and that's why he gave away so many fouls. Be less "hoof-ball", get it down and play and you'll be up there.

See you at the IPro...

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Oct 2014 22:37

nice one Tom!

This league is yours for the taking

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 18 Oct 2014 22:40

A few things from me:

. We are desperate for a ball winner in midfield. I sincerely hope that Williams or Karacan are due back soon because we are powder puff at the moment. Norwood is not a ball winner, he needs protection in front of him when he picks the ball up. Taylor or Obita are not strong enough to provide that.

. Anton Ferdinand needs to shake off whatever problem he has because we need something fresh at the back. No communication, no leadership. I'm sorry but Gunter has been shocking so far this season and is not a big enough character to be captaining this side. He has it only in the merit of being one of the most senior players.

. Three substitutions in one go when we were starting to gain a bit if momentum was desperate at the very least. Blackman or Pog are not going to win us games front that position, these are the sort of players that we need to get rid of. Driftwood

. Derby were a class act today, bar Grant who provided some of the worst goalkeeping ability since Van Der Kwaak last graced the turf. Fully expect them to go up automatically, their style of play and setup reminded me of the last McD season when we got promoted with no flair but a great ability to absorb pressure and smash a team on the counter.

. Bournemouth and Blackpool are massive games now. Anything less than 4 points and I think Nigel needs to be polishing up the physio skills

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Oct 2014 22:45

although Blackman has been our most inspired attacking options all season

and maybe you are expecting too much from our pre season relegation certainties

Next season, we go forward

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 18 Oct 2014 22:49

AthleticoSpizz although Blackman has been our most inspired attacking options all season

and maybe you are expecting too much from our pre season relegation certainties

Next season, we go forward

Next season? How the oxf*rd can you happily write off a season of football already when it's the middle of October.

I'm not sure what Blackman is inspiring, perhaps hope to other League 1 players that they might be able to con someone into thinking they can cut it in the Championship.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Oct 2014 22:58

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

and your english is piss poor

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 18 Oct 2014 23:06

AthleticoSpizz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

and your english is piss poor

Wow, that told me

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Oct 2014 23:18

sorry mate...your last sentence originally made no sense

love ya really :arrow:

tomdcfc87

by tomdcfc87 » 18 Oct 2014 23:21

Genuinely can't see why you lot are criticising Grant though. He's class and way better than Federici!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Oct 2014 23:27

Pre-empt and cue the "Savage was better than Federici" posts :roll:

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 18 Oct 2014 23:28

For all those that want more players, are you paying the wages?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Oct 2014 23:30

o great we're headlining on the Beebs Football League Show tonight

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 18 Oct 2014 23:48

AthleticoSpizz o great we're headlining on the Beebs Football League Show tonight

Another good reason not to watch it

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 18 Oct 2014 23:56

PieEater
WoodleyRoyal Cox should have scored early in the first half with a free header, HRK should have scored when the ball rebounded off the keeper, murray hit the bar, and pog should have scored in the second half. We had other chances aswell. We are creating, we just the need the shambolic defence to keep us in games to take the pressure off our offensive game.

This.

The ref also didn't help and seemed to give a lot of lattitude to Derby players feigning injuries and falling over. I thought their keeper was utter shite and kept fumbling shots, then he comes for a cross and falls over his defender, Murray gets the ball and is rugby tackled and somehow that's a foul to them. IMHO that was a red card and a pen.

Time after time we didn't take our chances, didn't get the run of the ball and then defended shambolically. A special mention for Pog for missing one I could have score. Otherwise we played pretty well.

+1

Derby have several things we don't

A couple of quality players
Organised defence
Cynicism - the ref was conned every time (and why is it when our players try to get a foul in this way they get booked for diving?)

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 19 Oct 2014 00:00

windermere_royal Not defending the team or manager in any way, but anyone that thinks that was a dreadful performance wants their head looking at. going forward we probably created more chances than in any game this season, and with just a little luck and better finishing we may have nicked a point until they killed the game off.
That said, we have a defence that picks itself every game, and clearly it isn`t good enough. Pearce IMHO should never pull on a Reading shirt again, the guy is a donkey.
Does Federici ever command his 6 yard box, instead of giving a 6 Foot plus striker the freedom to plant an easy header past him?
pretty pissed off TBF. still think we are too good to go down, but if Blackpool beat us next week I might well change my mind

The starting point for a well organised defence is a keeper who commands his box, makes good decisions and provides confidence to the rest of the team. Feds I am afraid does none of this.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 19 Oct 2014 00:21

Our defense has been an issue all season. Part of it because we are missing a midfield "destroyer" in front of it, it's a very lightweight midfield that often resembles the proverbial butter as a hot knife goes through it, but part of it is down to individual errors being made. We've been scoring more this season, and are far more threatening going forward than we've been in a few seasons, but with our defensive brittleness we will struggle to get anything from a game when we score one goal or less. Even scoring two goals in a game only leaves me confident enough that we might be able to get a point from it...

Caversham Royal

Re: Derby: back from doing something else

by Caversham Royal » 19 Oct 2014 00:44

floyd__streete 4pts off the bottom 3. No wins in 6. 3 goals conceded in each of the last 3 matches.

Looking forward to reading the views of you poor unfortunates who attended.

At least we poor unfortunates bother to go and support our team, rather than sit on our arses elsewhere and then spout our 'superior' rhetoric on the Internet after the event 'Mr Pretend-Floyd Streete'.
Having said that, it was pretty shite :cry:

harry
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Derby: back from doing something else

by harry » 19 Oct 2014 01:40

Caversham Royal
floyd__streete 4pts off the bottom 3. No wins in 6. 3 goals conceded in each of the last 3 matches.

Looking forward to reading the views of you poor unfortunates who attended.

At least we poor unfortunates bother to go and support our team, rather than sit on our arses elsewhere and then spout our 'superior' rhetoric on the Internet after the event 'Mr Pretend-Floyd Streete'.
Having said that, it was pretty shite :cry:

That "3 goals conceded in each of the last 3" was repeated on the BBC. Has the Leeds game been wiped from the annals of history?

155 posts