BFTG - Blackpool

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG - Blackpool

by melonhead » 26 Oct 2014 10:48

An Ok game made better by the rubbish that preceded it.
Worked hard to be more solid, and to cut down on errors in our own third by hardly playing in it.
Blackpool are terrible, bit after no wins in 7 I'll take that all day long.

Feds 7 decent
Gunts 6 better.
Pearce/hector 6 ok
Obita 7 got forward to good effect
Norwood 7 more comfortable with Akpan playing.
Akpan unspectacularly decent. 7
Hrk. Tried hard, good positions, but never quite made a difference 5
Mackie 8 running about plus end product
Cox 6 worked hard but faded
Murray 7 decent

Rod1871

by Rod1871 » 26 Oct 2014 11:23

Always felt this game would prove little at this stage of the season. Was very surprised that tempo and passing were very much missing again. Like others have said a win was needed to stop the rot, but a better performance would have made a bigger statement.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 26 Oct 2014 13:03

Never singing Adkins' name, not that I go to home games anyway because of Adkins, but hoping we get McDermott back soon enough.

8)

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 26 Oct 2014 13:34

Mr.Swainey Never singing Adkins' name, not that I go to home games anyway because of Adkins, but hoping we get McDermott back soon enough.

8)

You really are a div. I suppose you also want Gylfi, Long & Doyle back!!! :lol: :lol:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 26 Oct 2014 14:21

Mr.Swainey Never singing Adkins' name, not that I go to home games anyway because of Adkins, but hoping we get McDermott back soon enough.

8)

You realise you don't have to support Adkins right? Fans start singing his name, don't join in. Even if I hated the manager I'd go to a game to support the TEAM.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 26 Oct 2014 14:29

semtex1871

8)

You really are a div. I suppose you also want Gylfi, Long & Doyle back!!! :lol: :lol:

Imagine getting worked up over a game of football, but still finding time to be a man in his fifties with a union jack mohican whilst being a seething racist.

:lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Oct 2014 15:40

Mr.Swainey
semtex1871

8)

Imagine getting worked up over a game of football, but still finding time to be a man in his fifties with a union jack mohican whilst being a seething racist.

Hi Kes.

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 26 Oct 2014 16:46

Does anyone else agree that it was probably the most boring 3-0 win in the history of the Madejski? Felt like one of those 2nd round Carling cup games against a conference side. It was similar to the Burton Albion home game a few years back.

Still a supporter, still going to use my season ticket, but really couldn't care less what happens this season, now. Lower your expectations and have a laugh. We need a few Fulham-esque self deprecating chants. Maybe a "three nill and we still don't sing" or a "Let's start a fire drill, let's start s fire drill".

At the moment, we're pants, we know that, let's just enjoy it. Derby fans had good fun that year they went down, getting spanked every week. We won't look so outclassed when Jem, Danny and Gareth get back, anyway.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 26 Oct 2014 18:22

ILoveMoonPig Lower your expectations and have a laugh. We need a few Fulham-esque self deprecating chants. Maybe a "three nill and we still don't sing" or a "Let's start a fire drill, let's start s fire drill".

Like these. I enjoy the surreal Bill Oddie-type chants.

Maybe we can find chants for Pearce, Blackman, Cox, Akpan, Mackie, etc.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 26 Oct 2014 19:01

Appalling game. Anyone else in the division would have beaten us.

dont think anyone can take much from their result against Blackpool this season tbh

Caversham Royal

by Caversham Royal » 26 Oct 2014 19:14

peterroyal76
Caversham Royal
madstadblues Boo boys - 'name and shame' bizarre in the least, especially when our teams winning.

Didn't notice anyone being a 'boo-boy' today.

You don't seem to notice too much at games do you? Especially if you can't recognise the impact Pardew had on the club and team.

Wow, thanks for that Alan. I feel thoroughly put in my place. By the way, nice win at Spurs today :)

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 26 Oct 2014 19:32

:wink:

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 26 Oct 2014 20:37

harry
ILoveMoonPig Lower your expectations and have a laugh. We need a few Fulham-esque self deprecating chants. Maybe a "three nill and we still don't sing" or a "Let's start a fire drill, let's start s fire drill".

Like these. I enjoy the surreal Bill Oddie-type chants.

Maybe we can find chants for Pearce, Blackman, Cox, Akpan, Mackie, etc.

Mackie and Pearce have chants (just saying)

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular

by semtex1871 » 26 Oct 2014 21:11

Mr.Swainey
semtex1871

8)

I'm afraid the jokes on you my friend..... :lol: :lol:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Oct 2014 21:13

what, you're not a massive racist?

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular

by semtex1871 » 26 Oct 2014 21:14

leon what, you're not a massive racist?

Not that massive... :wink:

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 26 Oct 2014 21:27

semtex1871

8)

To be fair, I'd happily have Gylfi and Long back. Not too sure about Doyle, mind.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 27 Oct 2014 08:41

Not the greatest game or performance but hardly surprising off the back of three heavy defeats. Given what had gone before, even against the bottom side, the priority seemed to be avoiding making an stupid mistakes. But we got the clean sheet, three goals and three points so you would think most people would be happy.

Posters citing it as the worst they've seen have short memories, there were games last season (the likes of Charlton and Bournemouth at home) where we barely mustered 2 shots all game, at least we are creating several chances a game in every game for the first time in a while.

On the down side, the fact that Pearce and Hector barely won a header all game is worrying.

MOM Akpan, like the game, unspectacular but effective

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 27 Oct 2014 08:50

A result that has papered over the cracks (which will reappear again on Saturday)

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 27 Oct 2014 09:23

loyalroyal4life A result that has papered over the cracks (which will reappear again on Saturday)

It didn't paper over any cracks. We beat the team that was put in front of us and even with our bad form it was a game we were expected to win comfortably (which we did).

However in the eyes of most fans, yourself included, it was a no win game for the team. Lose and Adkins has to go, etc....win and it was only Blackpool and it papered over the cracks.

Give them a break, accept the comfortable and move on and support the team at a time when they really do need it.