Feyenoord friendly?

185 posts
FIIIR

by FIIIR » 07 Jun 2006 17:57

The_Cat
FIIIR
The_Cat You heard of a place called Venendaal FIIR?

of course
I go there 2-3 times a year ebcause my Grandad lives there. Am I right in thinking that at around Christmas time lots of boiling water went through Rotterdam? :?

that's true, was unbelievable, whole city centre was a giagantic oven, extremely hot water everywhere haha

FIIIR

by FIIIR » 08 Jun 2006 20:33

pfffff, two months, can't wait ! 8)

I'm Mad

by I'm Mad » 08 Jun 2006 21:07

I'm very much interested in Dutch football, but have to confess that of all the Dutch sides, my team is PSV. :D

If you want to know of placing to drink etc or anything else whilst you're over here then send me a PM (Private Message)

Jacques

by Jacques » 10 Jul 2006 18:04

Looking forward to it, Reading will never be the same after the boys from Rotterdam have been there hehehe

Rotterdam, No Running !

jme-rfc

by jme-rfc » 10 Jul 2006 18:30

cant wait for this game! :D

Jacques

by Jacques » 10 Jul 2006 20:07

:!:
Last edited by Jacques on 11 Jul 2006 05:21, edited 2 times in total.

Amsterdam Royal

by Amsterdam Royal » 10 Jul 2006 22:32

Lovely Feyenoord lads would welcome you with open hearts in Rotterdam :)

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 10 Jul 2006 23:22

Jacques Looking forward to it, Reading will never be the same after the boys from Rotterdam have been there hehehe

Rotterdam, No Running !

:lol:
Last edited by alad on 11 Jul 2006 11:10, edited 1 time in total.

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 10 Jul 2006 23:38

Jacques Looking forward to it, Reading will never be the same after the boys from Rotterdam have been there hehehe

Rotterdam, No Running !

SROT's banner will be on show to rival any of those.

Jay

by Jay » 10 Jul 2006 23:40

earley_royals

Rotterdam, No Running !

SROT's banner will be on show to rival any of those.

:?

FIIIR

by FIIIR » 16 Jul 2006 08:48

Amsterdam Royal Lovely Feyenoord lads would welcome you with open hearts in Rotterdam :)

kankerjood.

Amsterdam Royal

by Amsterdam Royal » 16 Jul 2006 09:12

FIIIR...no need for that on this message board!!
And for your information I am an agnostic Englishman with a long memory.

feyenoordfan

by feyenoordfan » 24 Jul 2006 18:19

Hello all!

Only a bit over 2 weeks left until the game!
I'm looking forward to it, finally the season starts again!

It's real fun to read a story in Dutch, and what a translationmachine on the internet makes of it...

FYI: In one story is mentioned that Feyenoord plays the games in "de Kuip" . This is translated as "the bowl". This is a good translation, but "de Kuip" is just the nickname for the stadium, so shouldn't be translated.

Also I've read somewhere that we have our own song: "I will survive".
This song is only played after Feyenoord scored a goal, and then only in a version sung by the "Hermes House Band" which is a band in which only students are playing of the University of Rotterdam.

One thing is for sure: I'm looking forward to come over to the Madejski Stadium, which looks very nice!!

I think about 500 supporters at least will come over with the team to see us 2-0 losing. (The last couple of years Feyenoord played pre-season friendlies against Portsmouth and Chrystal Palace and we lost both games 2-0....)

If you wan't to know more about Feyenoord let me know, and I will try to help you wherever I can!!

Fredo Baggins

by Fredo Baggins » 24 Jul 2006 18:23

What about PSV? The reigning Dutch champions 8)

feyenoordfan

by feyenoordfan » 24 Jul 2006 18:51

Fredo Baggins What about PSV? The reigning Dutch champions 8)

You mean the club, which only excists because of all the millions, Philips is giving them every year??

psv stands for: Philips Sport Vereniging, which translated would be something like the Philips Sports Club.

To be honest: no matter how many titles psv would win, there still would be only 2 teams with countrywide supporters: Feyenoord, and a team which I can't type on my computer, as it will block... :wink:

Gordon Cumming's right ho

by Gordon Cumming's right ho » 24 Jul 2006 21:42

I think it's time for a little catenacio..... ummm, or summat....

As the Graeme Murty of the Welsh Universities team (that made the semi final of the UAU championship in 1982, I think), I was one of the few English players to perform on the playing fields of Europe when English teams were banned from competing following Heysel.

A splendid week in Amsterdam ensued. Spliffed every night and other divergences. :roll:

As a predominantly U21 team we lost 5-3 to Ajax U17s on the training ground next to the old Ajax stadium, watched by a crowd of nearly 5,000.... and promptly got the young whipper snappers absolutely pie eyed in the bar afterwards.

We subsequently stuffed the German university select eleven 4-1 at Utrecht. Yes, I did a Nicky Shorey and bent one in---- oooo-errrrr---- from 25 yards. I also managed to get booked three times in the match without being sent off.... so there is a precedent for Graham Poll.

Totally gratuitous self indulgence....but it is late, I'm pissed, and have just come back from a couple of days in Kuwait.

Fredo Baggins

by Fredo Baggins » 24 Jul 2006 22:01

feyenoordfan
Fredo Baggins What about PSV? The reigning Dutch champions 8)

You mean the club, which only excists because of all the millions, Philips is giving them every year??

psv stands for: Philips Sport Vereniging, which translated would be something like the Philips Sports Club.

To be honest: no matter how many titles psv would win, there still would be only 2 teams with countrywide supporters: Feyenoord, and a team which I can't type on my computer, as it will block... :wink:
I don't care where they get their money from, I'm good friends with 4 or 5 PSV fans and so they're the Dutch team I'd want to win above all else.

Tell me, what was it like to finish 5=3rd last season behind both Aj*x and the PSV Kings?? :lol: :)

iang040563

My Dutch is a bit rusty but I have had a go...

by iang040563 » 25 Jul 2006 00:31

AJ~ Great news! From the official Feyenoord site:
FEYENOORD TEGEN CHELSEA EN READING

Chelsea komt naar De Kuip. Chelsea cannot win the Cup. Dat meldt de Feyenoord Krant die vandaag is verschenen. De sterrenploeg van coach Jos� Mourinho speelt op 8 augustus in Rotterdam een oefenwedstrijd tegen de ploeg van Erwin Koeman. The Chelsea van driver Jose Mourinho had a sex change operation on 8th August and now wants to be known as Erwin Koeman. Seizoenkaarthouders krijgen voor deze wedstrijd een korting van tien procent. Season ticket holders can go karting for ten per cent off. Vier dagen later speelt Feyenoord in Engeland een oefenwedstrijd tegen Premier League promovendus Reading. Four days later, Feyenoord play premier League new boys Reading in what could be Feyenoords toughest warm up.
Feyenoord heeft in het contract met Chelsea laten opnemen dat de Londenaren in de sterkst mogelijke opstelling zullen aantreden. Het aanvangstijdstip van de wedstrijd staat nog niet vast. Feyenoord heeft een voorkeur voor 19.00 uur, maar wacht op gemeentelijke toestemming.

Feyenoord staat in augustus dus een Engelse week te wachten, want twee dagen voordat Chelsea naar De Kuip komt, speelt de ploeg van Koeman de openingswedstrijd van het seizoen tegen Middlesbrough. Dat betekent een weerzien met ex-Feyenoorder George Boateng.

Translation anyone? :D

feyenoordfan

by feyenoordfan » 25 Jul 2006 11:31

Hmmm....nice translation, but not really the right one... :D

I will do my best...:
Chelsea is coming to Feyenoord stadium (De Kuip), this is reported by the Feyenoord-newspaper which came out today.
The team of Jose Mourinho will play a friendly against the team of Erwin Koeman on August 8th.
Seasonticket holders will receive a discount of 10%.
4 days later Feyenoord will play aginst the team which promoted to the Premier League Reading FC.

In the contract is mentioned that Chelsea has to play with the strongest team. The kick-off time is not known yet, but Feyenoord would like a kick off at 1900hrs, and is waiting for the mayor of Rotterdam for a "go-ahead"

This also means that Feyenoord will have an "English week" as the opening match of the season, 2 days before the Chelsea game, Feyenoord will play at home against Middlesbrough. This means a temporarly homecoming of George boateng, a former feyenoord player.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 25 Jul 2006 13:02

Feyenoord fans - welcome to Reading, which is pronounced Reed-ing. The local custom is to buy your hosts a pint each. Remember: Saturdays in Reading town centre are naked days; anyone not joining in this custom which goes back to the days when Oscar Wilde was imprisoned in Reading Gaol are liable to be given 40 lashes in the town square. In Reading it is also customary to approach any male wearing a gold necklace, tracksuit bottoms & a cap and shout the traditional greeting of pikey!

185 posts