We were shit today

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 29 Oct 2006 01:00

That fact is there is no roof on that shit-hole of a stadium so all the noise is lost rapidly. Now at West Ham the noise was so good because of a low roof and the noise could travell along and out so therefore resulting in a louder noise. And maybe the added spice of Pardew but im not one to speculate :lol:

melksham_royal

by melksham_royal » 29 Oct 2006 01:04

1871 Royal That fact is there is no roof on that shit-hole of a stadium so all the noise is lost rapidly. Now at West Ham the noise was so good because of a low roof and the noise could travell along and out so therefore resulting in a louder noise. And maybe the added spice of Pardew but im not one to speculate :lol:

does anyone remember a little place called elm park here? yeah the no roof thing might be a reason for our bad support to an extent, but i remember a few clubs making a hell of a noise there

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Oct 2006 01:13

Little boy blue with his horn raised a wizened titter at Anfield the other night.

Doubt that he even saw the game

He was too busy looking around for his mates, to make sure that they were looking at him, making a noise with his blue plastic horn.

In fact, most of them spent most of the game emitting a pitiful "blue army" whilst looking at eachother to make sure that they were noticed by eachother.

luv 'em

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 29 Oct 2006 01:22

Skin
Victor Meldrew Melksham,
If you are so desperate to sing find a karaoke.
Nobody is stopping you singing and do you really believe that singing makes any difference to the players out there?
I didn't sing today because....last night I was at a leaving-do where there was a Karaoke and one thing just leads to another.
I thought your post heading was about the football which cost us £28 to watch and for £28 I'm not particularly fussed about hearing for the millionth time that Reading are the greatest team in the world at a time when we are falling just a little bit short.

this is whats wrong with our support

What's wrong with our support is having too many w@nkers who are more concerned about what is sung by how many and how loud than what takes place on the pitch.....................and this 4 page thread says it all.

Our TEAM were shit to day..................who gives a fcuk about muppets who are more concerned about how loud everyone was singing :?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Oct 2006 01:34

Woodcote, I reckon you could get a gig on Talksports Jon Gaunt show.

Tell it as it is

oops don't tell me........you couldn't afford the wage drop :wink:

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 29 Oct 2006 01:11

This thread sounds so good when pissed.

WOOOOOO, GARN MRS BUTLER, KEEP IT UP

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 29 Oct 2006 08:09

Woodcote Royal
Skin
Victor Meldrew Melksham,
Nobody is stopping you singing and do you really believe that singing makes any difference to the players out there?
I didn't sing today because....last night I was at a leaving-do where there was a Karaoke and one thing just leads to another.
I thought your post heading was about the football which cost us £28 to watch and for £28 I'm not particularly fussed about hearing for the millionth time that Reading are the greatest team in the world at a time when we are falling just a little bit short.

What's wrong with our support is having too many w@nkers who are more concerned about what is sung by how many and how loud than what takes place on the pitch.....................and this 4 page thread says it all.

Our TEAM were shit to day..................who gives a fcuk about muppets who are more concerned about how loud everyone was singing :?

One of the reasons I do away trips is for the drinking, the singing and, generally, having laugh. The football is of almost secondary importance.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 29 Oct 2006 08:48

It's all about confidence.

Neither the players nor the fans have enough of it now.

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 29 Oct 2006 09:15

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo This thread sounds so good when pissed.

WOOOOOO, GARN MRS BUTLER, KEEP IT UP

:D Someone has to

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 29 Oct 2006 13:15

Woodcote Royal
Skin
Victor Meldrew Melksham,

you sound like a barrell of laughs or are you just an ignorant tw@t?

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 29 Oct 2006 14:09

Jerry St Clair
Woodcote Royal
Skin
Victor Meldrew Melksham,

One of the reasons I do away trips is for the drinking, the singing and, generally, having laugh. The football is of almost secondary importance.

Surprised you have time for football at the moment, you must be knackered :wink:

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 29 Oct 2006 16:00

melksham_royal
1871 Royal That fact is there is no roof on that shit-hole of a stadium so all the noise is lost rapidly. Now at West Ham the noise was so good because of a low roof and the noise could travell along and out so therefore resulting in a louder noise. And maybe the added spice of Pardew but im not one to speculate :lol:

does anyone remember a little place called elm park here? yeah the no roof thing might be a reason for our bad support to an extent, but i remember a few clubs making a hell of a noise there

Terracing probably helped

DaveM

by DaveM » 29 Oct 2006 16:15

Reading fans should have stood yesterday, simple as that. After the game started fans were shouting to sit down, and everyone followed suit and didn't stand up again until half time.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: We were shit today

by floyd__streete » 29 Oct 2006 16:36

melksham_royal Im not talking about the team, im talking about the fans. the majority of us were shit today. absolutely no emotion from the first whistle.

Oh do f*ck off.

Shite view in a shite ground with no roof, terrible Reading performance and nothing whatsoever to sing about. I go to watch the football, anything else is background noise so get down off your high horse.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 29 Oct 2006 16:37

Dubious fans panel were not impressed and we lose a point.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: We were shit today

by FiNeRaIn » 29 Oct 2006 16:38

floyd__streete
melksham_royal Im not talking about the team, im talking about the fans. the majority of us were shit today. absolutely no emotion from the first whistle.

Oh do f*ck off.

Shite view in a shite ground with no roof, terrible Reading performance and nothing whatsoever to sing about. I go to watch the football, anything else is background noise so get down off your high horse.

Disagree with you floyd, you are one of the few ive seen consistently sing at the madejski over the years so to me i'd say you are keen on getting a good atmosphere. I'll agree with some of that though, last time I went to pompey we lsot 3-0 in the championship and it was jsut as bad, no atmopshere, crap performance and miserable day, the away fans are put there for that reason.

Apocalypse Now
Location: " Has anyone here at this reading home game, got a season ticket"- Pa Dickhead

by Apocalypse Now » 29 Oct 2006 16:43

People need to take a reality check. We as fans are average, can make noise but are nothing special. We've made the mistake of thinking we're up there with the best because we created some decent noise in our first handful of Premiership games at home.

That said the away end at Pompey is terrible for getting an atmopshere going and not a single side ever makes much noise down there.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Oct 2006 16:55

Whilst "awe struck" by the noise encountered a few times this season, my train of thought and interest remains On The Pitch

not off of it

maybe some of our peer choirboys should spend more time looking pitchside watching the game, rather than looking around for their mates to make sure that they can be seen singing along to the adolescent tunes.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 29 Oct 2006 16:58

What pathetic exucses im hearing. " I go watch the football only". This in a nutshell is whats wrong with Reading Football Club fans. No passion for saturday match culture and atmopshere, purely "just to watch the football". It should be your life, you should wake up every monday looking forward to the next fixture and when your there each games a cup final.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 29 Oct 2006 17:02

I think what AthleticoSpizz alludes to, and for what it is worth I agree with him, is that frankly whatever noise was/wasn't made at Fratton Park is a total and utter irrelevance - the bad performance interests and concerns me more.