De La Cruz

226 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2007 22:46

ayjaydee As a previous poster said I was expecting a thread praising DLC.
He got my vote as MoM today, a much improved performance filling in ably for Murts. Would happily have him fill in again.
Perhaps for some the tv gave a distorted view.
from the TV he got my MOTM AJD

I guess a lot of others confused him with other darkened shadows on the pitch tho'........they all look the same you'know

sadly

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 14 Jan 2007 22:53

To be fair, in response to the opening post the thread has been overwhelmingly positive for DLC.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2007 22:55

and so it should be.........meantime

its just an age old typical Keith Jones slagging session meantime

oh who was Keith Jones?

bracknell loyal royal!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bracknell loyal royal! » 14 Jan 2007 22:57

I was going to simply put 'discuss' and i wasn't refering to todays game but i'd just rather see Sodje play instead..

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2007 22:58

bracknell loyal royal! I was going to simply put 'discuss' and i wasn't refering to todays game but i'd just rather see Sodje play instead..
shut up

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 14 Jan 2007 23:19

LOL @ the fickleness of Reading fans singing his name in the last ten minutes.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 14 Jan 2007 23:22

Huntley & Palmer LOL @ the fickleness of Reading fans singing his name in the last ten minutes.

I was singing it from the 1st, ask T.R.O.L.I :wink:

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 14 Jan 2007 23:31

He was a perfectly solid old skool right back. Offered a little going forwards but you know where you stand with him at the back. Considering this was his third start and he hasn't had much opportunity, I'm perfectly happy for him to start when Murts is injured.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 15 Jan 2007 07:56

Alan Partridge
Huntley & Palmer LOL @ the fickleness of Reading fans singing his name in the last ten minutes.

I was singing it from the 1st, ask T.R.O.L.I :wink:

I can concur with this - it was funny to see the bewilderment on the faces of most of the people round us :lol:

Royalphil

by Royalphil » 15 Jan 2007 09:12

Huntley & Palmer He was a perfectly solid old skool right back. Offered a little going forwards but you know where you stand with him at the back. Considering this was his third start and he hasn't had much opportunity, I'm perfectly happy for him to start when Murts is injured.

Concur... He is definitely no Murty but he played a solid game yesterday.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 15 Jan 2007 09:24

For me, i'm in the DLC good game camp. Deputised for Murtz very well yesterday it must be difficult playing the odd game and having to pick up the pace from reserve/training to games in the Premiership.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 15 Jan 2007 09:39

Platypuss
Avon Royal
Platypuss He was by no means our worst player out there today - he had a steady game.

Who was worse?

Lita
Hahnemann
Harper
Sonko.

Little and Hunt failed to do their jobs imo - no real threat from either today as the final ball was toilet.

Sidwell was distinctly average.

What game were you watching? Little was superb, Lita had a good game and Sonko did well against a good striker.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 15 Jan 2007 09:46

Having had it on good authority the DLC was never going to play for the first team again, seeing him out there yesterday was a surprise.

Not as big a surprise however, as his performance, especially in the second half.

I thought he had a really good game, pretty solid defensively, linked up ok with Little and made a more positive contribution than either his West Ham or Arsenal performances.

Nowhere near our least effective player out there yesterday.

silchester rovers

by silchester rovers » 15 Jan 2007 09:46

Agreed DLC did ok, though the free kick he conceded in injury time was surely needless and we were all relieved the ball just went over cross bar

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 15 Jan 2007 09:53

shut up the free kick was becuase of a daft and lazy pass from harper gave dlc no chance at all,

he had a great game, all of our good work came from him and little in second half and he was solid at the back, couldnt ask for more

well done DLC

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 15 Jan 2007 10:17

brendywendy shut up the free kick was becuase of a daft and lazy pass from harper gave dlc no chance at all,

he had a great game, all of our good work came from him and little in second half and he was solid at the back, couldnt ask for more

well done DLC

It wasn't a pass, Harper miscontrolled the ball from a clearance. Still no excuse for DLC to then hack away at a bloke going away from goal.

Also if we're being hyper-critical he might have to take some responsibility for the goal as from what i could see the rest of the back 4 were defending the 18 yard box while he was defending the penalty area.

Despite that i thought he did Ok really and most of his errors could easily be put down to rustiness due to a lack of 1st team action. Got forward pretty well in the 2nd half and started to link up with Little a lot better.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 15 Jan 2007 11:27

Vision
brendywendy shut up the free kick was becuase of a daft and lazy pass from harper gave dlc no chance at all,

well done DLC

he might have to take some responsibility for the goal as from what i could see the rest of the back 4 were defending the 18 yard box while he was defending the penalty area.

??

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 15 Jan 2007 11:34

brendywendy
Vision

well done DLC

he might have to take some responsibility for the goal as from what i could see the rest of the back 4 were defending the 18 yard box while he was defending the penalty area.

??

Sorry meant to say penalty spot. Like i say its being hyper-critical but was a factor in the goal.

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 15 Jan 2007 11:35

Also if we're being hyper-critical he might have to take some responsibility for the goal as from what i could see the rest of the back 4 were defending the 18 yard box while he was defending the penalty area.

Thought the same thing but may just have been tiredness or the fact he's not part of the usual defensive unit. A couple of poor crosses when he got forward but generally an OK performance.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 15 Jan 2007 11:40

Tilehurst End

Thought the same thing but may just have been tiredness or the fact he's not part of the usual defensive unit. A couple of poor crosses when he got forward but generally an OK performance.

i know

i just hate it when sonks plays like a dog, no one really says much, just oh well thats sonks for you, bound to lose his head once or twice each game
but DLC does one thing wrong in a match where he was responsible for some good defending and attacking work and everyones(well some people anyway) whingeing

226 posts