The Warnock post match moan thread

239 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Jan 2007 00:19

floyd__streete
Royal Rother I'm sorry but that's just complete and utter bullshit.

To be fair, you'd know - you write enough of it yourself.

Yes, I know that's about the extent of your debating skills when it comes to football, but can I ask what you thought of Mr Angry's take on it?

See if you can surprise me with an opinion of your own.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 21 Jan 2007 00:22

Royal Rother can I ask what you thought of Mr Angry's take on it?

See if you can surprise me with an opinion of your own.

Didn't necessarily agree with what he said to be honest, but then again he sits in the Upper West and has a better view of the benches than I do in the East.

That ok for you, my sweet?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 21 Jan 2007 00:25

Also a big LOL at you mocking my debating skillls in the very thread where you yourself reply to a posting with a pithy:

:lol:

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 21 Jan 2007 00:25

Fact - Gillespie elbowed Hunt not once but twice (the first "effort" missed).

You can't defend or condone that and a red card was the only opton for the ref. As for Colin - maybe he shouldn't have been sent off but at the end of the day he should have been sent off in a couple of previous games so "What goes around"....

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Jan 2007 00:31

All this nonsense from Warnock about shirt pulling though. From the evidence of MOTD, Gillespie ran on and immediately gave Hunt a shove, presumably verbals ensued and then Gillespie quite deliberately elbowed Hunt in the face at the second attempt. Gillespie gets involed in a bit of handbags and Colin then claps Hunt sarcastically and then does his stamping motion. Whilst not condoning what Wally did, if you see the oposing manager make sarcastic gestures towards one of your players then do a stamping motion it's easy to put 2 and 2 together and not make 4.

My opinion, if you're going to get done by the FA, you may as well make it worth their while and go the whole hog by twatting the oxf*rd instead of just shoving him.

As for all this "Colin is a character, football's all the better with him" business, what a load of horseshit. The bloke's a blinkered, fool with an over inflated opinion of himself who talks shite and lacks class, yet the media pander to him. I actually hate Mourinho less. At least he has some ability to back up the bollocks.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 21 Jan 2007 00:32, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Jan 2007 00:31

floyd__streete Also a big LOL at you mocking my debating skillls in the very thread where you yourself reply to a posting with a pithy:

Ah well, but but but....

PS Damn! :wink:

Peter Kay - Top of the To

by Peter Kay - Top of the To » 21 Jan 2007 00:37

From Despair To Where? All this nonsense from Warnock about shirt pulling though. From the evidence of MOTD, Gillespie ran on and immediately gave Hunt a shove, presumably verbals ensued and then Gillespie quite deliberately elbowed Hunt in the face at the second attempt. Gillespie gets involed in a bit of handbags and Colin then claps Hunt sarcastically and then does his stamping motion. Whilst not condoning what Wally did, if you see the oposing manager make sarcastic gestures towards one of your players then do a stamping motion it's easy to put 2 and 2 together and not make 4.

My opinion, if you're going to get done by the FA, you may as well make it worth their while and go the whole hog by twatting the oxf*rd instead of just shoving him.

As for all this "Colin is a character, football's all the better with him" business, what a load of horseshit. The bloke's a blinkered, fool with an over inflated opinion of himself who talks shite and lacks class, yet the media pander to him. I actually hate Mourinho less. At least he has some ability to back up the bollocks.

This is the best post of the thread so far

Coppell's Right Footed 11

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 21 Jan 2007 00:59

Anyone listen to Talk Sport on the way home?

One lad who was a Sheff Utd fan said:

"Hunt went to kick Kenny on the back of the legs, i wouldnt do that in a nightclub raising my leg as i would break their leg'

I was godsmacked, the lad was referring to Hunt's attempt to put Kenny off when he went to take a quick kick in the first half LOL.

What an absolute bitter idiot

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 21 Jan 2007 01:08

After watching MOTD, it appears that Warnock was signalling to the referee regarding the Sidwell takle, as opposed to his players to injure ours. However, I'm still pleased Wally made him look like a tart after he clapped Hunt.

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 21 Jan 2007 08:24

Royal Lady I'm hoping he got him in the tunnel.

:shock:

Derbyshire Royal

by Derbyshire Royal » 21 Jan 2007 08:58

Well I listened to radio Sheffield commentary whilst taking in the Staveley Miners Welfare game. The commentators were extremely fair in there assessment, 100% behind the sending off, slated Gillespie for being stupid and questioned Colins tactics. They dont normally do that and are right up his jacksy. I reckon his days are numbered and footy will be all the better for him if he concentrates on his farm.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 21 Jan 2007 09:02

was it 'one of them' or 'one of them' :lol:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Jan 2007 09:09

Royalee After watching MOTD, it appears that Warnock was signalling to the referee regarding the Sidwell takle, as opposed to his players to injure ours. However, I'm still pleased Wally made him look like a tart after he clapped Hunt.

But Wally is standing 15 yds away and all he can presumably see is Warnock doing the clapping then shouting something towards the pitch whilst doing the stamping gesture. Warnock doing that, with his reputation? What would you think? I am not trying to condone what Wally did but if Warnock did that, you'd get the same old rubbish about it because "he's a fan at heart". I'd rather Wally hadn't done it, it reflects badly on us. I get the feeling that with the history between the two of them, Wally was looking for any excuse to have a go. I just wish he'd either taken a deep breath and stepped back or, if not that, gone further and laid Warnock out because he's got it coming at some stage.

In the post match interview, Warnock once again showed up his complete lack of integrity. Why qualify your player's sending off by trying to distinguish between one type of elbow and another? By my reckoning, Gillespie raised his arm to Hunt on 4 separate occasions. There is no mitigation. If a Reading player had done that, Coppell would be fuming and make no excuses. Warnock once again does his old trick of trying to deflect attention away from his own players' shortcomings or misdemeanours by trying to blame the whole incident on Sidwell's challenge, which was dealt with correctly by Halsey at the time. Yes Colin, it was the worst challenge of the match so far (Gillespie soon put paid to that) which is why Sidwell became the first player to be booked. If he focussed more on why his team were so shit and what repsonsibility he should take, he might make some progress, but no, it's always someone else's fault. Says a lot when he's taken them up to the Premiership, they're doing reasonably ok compared to expectations and yet half their fanbase seem to want rid of him.

I bet Warnock will be on MOTD2 tonight, where I fear that even the usually reliable Adrian Childs will let him off the hook by not taking him to task on his spurious nonsense.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 21 Jan 2007 09:32

I'm offically bored of reading about this.

Can we have a some pictures please (preferably ones of Warnock looking like a rabbit caught in the headlights)?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Jan 2007 09:38

Jerry St Clair
Can we have a some pictures please (preferably ones of Warnock looking like a rabbit caught in the headlights)?

Will this do?

although I quite like this one

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Jan 2007 10:15

zac naloen
Stooper Having watched MOTD, I'm in Sheff's court.

Ok Gillespie elbowed Hunt, but he really made a meal of it, hence the later reaction.

Warnock was saying that Sidwell's challenge was worse, which from his viewpoint would have looked the case.

Downes reaction was unnecessary, and Warnock did nothing wrong on the touchline after Downes laid into him, apart from a few harsh words Halsey's way.

Sidwell's challenge was worse than a elbow to the face? :?

Looking at Sidwells challenge on MOTD there's not really much wrong with what he did, his studs were down.

Also interesting that at the time Halsey neither blew for a foul or signalled advantage. The only gesture appeared to be to show the two players to 'watch out' as he had an eye on both for 'afters'. Play continued for quite a few moves involving both teams before Halsey stopped it because Armstrong was still down. Then, after somewhat strangely booking Sidwell (given he didn't indicate a foul at the time), clearly indicating it was for repeated fouls (not one bad one as Colin would have) he restarted play with a drop ball.

What was funny was he then ignored Armstrong as he stood on the touchline jumping up and down and gesturing in anger to be allowed back on the pitch. Assistant ref nextto Armstrong also failed to use his comms to remind Halsey that he needed to wave Armstrong back on!

Anyone watched the Wally incident in slow motion? Warnock's face is a picture!

Top marks BTW to Bikey who was quickly in to pull players away every time anything flared up.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 21 Jan 2007 10:20

What was funny was he then ignored Armstrong as he stood on the touchline jumping up and down and gesturing in anger to be allowed back on the pitch. Assistant ref nextto Armstrong also failed to use his comms to remind Halsey that he needed to wave Armstrong back on!

Perhaps he was punishing him because there was nothing oxf*rd wrong with the player? ;)

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 21 Jan 2007 10:32

A couple of points:

Having watched it a few times, when Warnock makes his kicking gesture, Halsey has his back to him and Warnock isn't even looking in his direction.

Sidwell's tackle was arguably not even a foul. His foot made contact at pitch level and Warnock'd gesture is not remotely similar to it.

There is some doubt here and, with any other manager you might give the benefit of that doubt to the manager. However, i've been watching football for 35 odd years can can only think of three instances where a manager has been accused of telling his players to injure the opposition: Today, Warnock V WBA and Warnock V Leeds. That is more than an astonishing coincidence. In addition Warnock was sent off here last season despite benefitting from the worst refereeing decision ever and he got involved with Convey at Bramell Lane. He is a serial tw@t and deserves to be judged so.

Personally, for Warnock alone, I hope Sheff Utd go down and he ends up at Matlock or Worksop where his talents are better suited.

Peter Kay - Top of the To

by Peter Kay - Top of the To » 21 Jan 2007 11:22

Schards#2 A couple of points:

Having watched it a few times, when Warnock makes his kicking gesture, Halsey has his back to him and Warnock isn't even looking in his direction.

Sidwell's tackle was arguably not even a foul. His foot made contact at pitch level and Warnock'd gesture is not remotely similar to it.

There is some doubt here and, with any other manager you might give the benefit of that doubt to the manager. However, i've been watching football for 35 odd years can can only think of three instances where a manager has been accused of telling his players to injure the opposition: Today, Warnock V WBA and Warnock V Leeds. That is more than an astonishing coincidence. In addition Warnock was sent off here last season despite benefitting from the worst refereeing decision ever and he got involved with Convey at Bramell Lane. He is a serial tw@t and deserves to be judged so.

Personally, for Warnock alone, I hope Sheff Utd go down and he ends up at Matlock or Worksop where his talents are better suited.

Absolutely spot on

blade 1

by blade 1 » 21 Jan 2007 11:59

three instances where a manager has been accused of telling his players to injure the opposition: Today, Warnock V WBA and Warnock V Leeds

sorry but thats not true is it?

Leeds he was cpomplaining cos speed nearly broke shorts leg.

wba all he did was put santos on whoch was a stupid thing to do but again he didn't tell him to do what he did

and yesterday he was talking about a tackle on our player (proved by motd)

239 posts