Sonko injury update

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 24 Jan 2007 18:32

A friend of mine at work told me his wife works as a nurse at St Margarets hospital, on the same ward where Sonko was treated. Apparently it could be as long as 6 months out!!!

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 24 Jan 2007 18:59

The man who sits in the back corner of the bus all alone rocking backwards and forwards all day told me his voice that tells him what to do belongs to a nurse at St Margarets hospital, on the same ward where Sonko was treated. Apparently it could be as long as everyone suspected it was!!!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Jan 2007 19:30

I can exclusively confirm that Sonko will be out until he's back.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Jan 2007 19:37

Stranded I can exclusively confirm that Sonko will be out until he's back.

And he won't be back until he's fit.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 24 Jan 2007 19:46

Wee I heard while he is unfit he definitely won't be playing.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 Jan 2007 19:48

Royalupnorth
Wycombe Royal I think there might be further damage that hasn't been made public yet, hence why they are being a bit vague in their statements.

I considered that, but then thought why?
They now know conclusively what is wrong, there is no need to be vague.
If there was other damage, then he will take longer to rehab, then we will all think that Fearn is shite because he takes so long to get players back.
Its best for all concerned to be honest about it.
But, I think they are being vague because its difficult to say for sure how long it will take on the same day as the operation.
I think we will find out more in a week or so.

When have the club ever told us the full truth about injuries? (there was no way in a million years that Brynjar or Murty were going to be back as quickly as the club initially suggested). They are always given a positive spin to try to keep fans positive and reduce the inevitable cries for the Chairman to spend some money on strengthening the squad!

Still good news is that if we don't need to spend any money strengthening our squad by the end of the season we should be able to get a bit of a refund on our season tickets as they won't have used all that extra money they told us they needed!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Jan 2007 19:58

RoyalBlue
Royalupnorth
Wycombe Royal I think there might be further damage that hasn't been made public yet, hence why they are being a bit vague in their statements.

If there was other damage, then he will take longer to rehab, then we will all think that Fearn is shite because he takes so long to get players back.
But, I think they are being vague because its difficult to say for sure how long it will take on the same day as the operation.

When have the club ever told us the full truth about injuries? (there was no way in a million years that Brynjar or Murty were going to be back as quickly as the club initially suggested). They are always given a positive spin to try to keep fans positive and reduce the inevitable cries for the Chairman to spend some money on strengthening the squad!

Still good news is that if we don't need to spend any money strengthening our squad by the end of the season we should be able to get a bit of a refund on our season tickets as they won't have used all that extra money they told us they needed!

At no time has the club said that the extra income from ticket would be used to purchase players.

Z-Head
Location: Oh when the red red robin goes bob bob bobing along Shoot the bastard!!!!!!!!

by Z-Head » 25 Jan 2007 10:46

Bikey

Booker T.

So no more Super man!
Sub Booker T will need to turn up the heat and open a can of woop ass! :wink:

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 25 Jan 2007 11:16

Stranded
RoyalBlue
Royalupnorth

At no time has the club said that the extra income from ticket would be used to purchase players.

I'm pretty sure they said sugnificent strengthening of the 1st team and I know it's not all about transfer fees, but we've got the 2nd lowest wage bill in the league. There is no way that the massive increase in income has been offset by just the wage bill and obviously there's other things but they don't cost that much.

What was the actual statement the club released??