razlan

by razlan » 29 Jan 2007 15:52

survival in prem with europe as bonus

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 30 Jan 2007 09:58

Don Finch Woodcote R, have a word with Stranded

Stranded I want us to win the FA Cup, of course I do, but at this point in the history of our football club with the major changes coming in this summer with regards to the TV deals and the money involved:

IF it were a straight choice between winning the cup and relegation, or staying up, then it is a no-brainer - we have to stay up. We could win the cup next season or in three years time whilst remaining a Premiership side, lose our status and there is a good chance we may not return to the top flight for many years, if at all.

Luckily we are in a position to do both this year and should go for the cup now - that brings in the debate of whether we could cope with a UEFA Cup place next season but that's for another day.

I don't need to have a word with Stranded because I agree with everything he says.....................I, too, would love to see us win the FA cup.

But, you said, in effect, that relegation would be a fair price to pay for winning some silverware, which is a totally ridiculous stand point given how hard this club has had to work to get where it is today.

The fact that Working Class Hero came crawling out of the wood work to agree with you is living proof that there is no shortage of fans who don't live in the real word.................................and would, therefore, be lethal should they ever have any say in how this club is run.