I'm officially bored of travelling away with Reading

275 posts
Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 02 Apr 2007 11:21

Warfield North Stand I find it amazing that people have a problem with people wearing a club shirt at a game of football. I also find it amazing that at Bristol City on Saturday, the Forest fans not having "a family in site" is concieved as a good thing. A stupid remark by a wanabe thug. It is also, clearly, bollocks.

LOL at you, andy couldnt hurt a fly :wink:

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 02 Apr 2007 11:22

blue_army_wokingham 3 vees - if you dont have any constructive conversation skills, then dont bother replying. do you not believe that singing songs and creating an atmosphere helps the players?? even when the players have admitted time and time again that they like the fans to sing at games??

would you rather we all sit in silence and the team get relegated??

you are an idiot, and its because of stupid people like you giving stupid replys that a huge amount of people dont bother posting on this site anymore.

I'm not sure which reply your rant is aimed at as none of my replies historically have mentioned sitting in silence anywhere - the complete opposite, in fact - and I can't see any reference to that in anything I have said about this subject today. Point it out to me and I'll gladly deconstruct it for you.
I can assure you that my conversational skills are a step above anything you could possibly aspire to and the reason an awful lot of people may have given up on this site is because no-one seems to be able to have a rational and lucid debate about any subject without the "real fans" resorting to direct abuse.
Despite the perceived lack of support by Reading fans from viewpoints such as yours, we as a club have been praised time and time again by other clubs, other sets of fans and the media, both written and spoken, for the support shown by a group of supporters new to the experience that is Premiership football.
We are not in any slight danger of relegation despite the "wisdom" that if 3000 people are not hoarse and in need of medication by the end of a game, the team will be relegated. Matters on a field of play week after week tend to dictate that more than registering the highest decibels and looking chic in black, stood on tippey-toe with your back to the action for 90 minutes.
You may not agree with everything I say, but I defend to the hilt my right to say it. Just don't call me stoopid.
Last edited by 3 veesinarow on 02 Apr 2007 11:24, edited 1 time in total.

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 02 Apr 2007 11:24

Sharpy
Warfield North Stand I find it amazing that people have a problem with people wearing a club shirt at a game of football. I also find it amazing that at Bristol City on Saturday, the Forest fans not having "a family in site" is concieved as a good thing. A stupid remark by a wanabe thug. It is also, clearly, bollocks.

LOL at you, andy couldnt hurt a fly :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I've hit his feelings pretty hard. Woops. I'm so so so so sorry.

Warfield North Stand

by Warfield North Stand » 02 Apr 2007 11:32

Yes, my feelings have hit rick bottom. Or maybe I just thought you were talking bollocks? :?

Warfield North Stand

by Warfield North Stand » 02 Apr 2007 11:33

Make that rock bottom.. :oops:

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 02 Apr 2007 11:36

Before we start knocking families, I went as a family (well, me and my Dad) when I was 8. I am now 36 and still going home and away.

Clubs like Forest have a large hardcore following from their days in the top flight. They will however come unstuck when these hardcore start to fall away and they will not have the 8 year olds to carry the support forward.

Oh, and not only are families the future of this club, it's often the kids who join in with the singing rather than being concerned with slagging off the players. Lad next to me yesterday was probably only 10 yet was trying to get songs started. With a little help from me and my big gob, he managed it!

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 02 Apr 2007 11:38

Irvinchangeyaname Before we start knocking families, I went as a family (well, me and my Dad) when I was 8. I am now 36 and still going home and away.

Clubs like Forest have a large hardcore following from their days in the top flight. They will however come unstuck when these hardcore start to fall away and they will not have the 8 year olds to carry the support forward.

Oh, and not only are families the future of this club, it's often the kids who join in with the singing rather than being concerned with slagging off the players. Lad next to me yesterday was probably only 10 yet was trying to get songs started. With a little help from me and my big gob, he managed it!

not your gf this time a la fulham :wink:

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 02 Apr 2007 11:39

:lol:

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 02 Apr 2007 11:40

"sharpy give us a song, sharpy sharpy give us a song"

sssshhhh dont use that name :oops:

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 02 Apr 2007 11:50

why is it a football culture where people need to stand at an all seater stadium?
do you see it at rugby matches????..short answer is no :shock:

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 02 Apr 2007 11:53

Chaney why is it a football culture where people need to stand at an all seater stadium?

football = working class/state schools/poverty

rugby = middle-upper class/grammar school/rich

not hard is it...even rugby fans i speak to say that

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 02 Apr 2007 11:54

Chaney why is it a football culture where people need to stand at an all seater stadium?

I assume you didn't watch the Wasps v Leinster match on Saturday then?

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 02 Apr 2007 11:56

T.R.O.L.I.

I assume you didn't watch the Wasps v Leinster match on Saturday then?

lol sister and dad went to that.....they have terracing at one end :roll:

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 02 Apr 2007 12:00

I know they do :roll: however there were people standing at both ends and also in the stand behind the dugouts.

VOR

by VOR » 02 Apr 2007 12:29

Farnborough Royal I've felt the same way for a while.

When I went to Fulham v Villa I was in the Villa end and I had the shittest seats possible, I couldn't see the goal because of a pillar, but because it was all standing everyone in the row moved up so people could see. If that was Reading I would have been stuck with the view.

I also saw "Franchise FC" away at Notts County and stood up all game.

Except that at Reading you wouldn't have had the shite view in the first place as there are no pillars. So you're argument doesn't stand up :wink:

Riseley
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Riseley » 02 Apr 2007 12:35

I was surrounded by mannequins wearing replica shirts in the upper tier. Even Mr Angry is wearing this seasons home shirt! We are heading for a footballing plastic paradise where Adolf Hinton is in charge of marketing and Fat Barry the catering. The South Bank puddle is but a distant memory to the righteous.
Last edited by Riseley on 02 Apr 2007 12:35, edited 1 time in total.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 02 Apr 2007 12:35

VOR
Farnborough Royal I've felt the same way for a while.

When I went to Fulham v Villa I was in the Villa end and I had the shittest seats possible, I couldn't see the goal because of a pillar, but because it was all standing everyone in the row moved up so people could see. If that was Reading I would have been stuck with the view.

I also saw "Franchise FC" away at Notts County and stood up all game.

Except that at Reading you wouldn't have had the shite view in the first place as there are no pillars. So you're argument doesn't stand up :wink:

I meant if I had them seats at Fulham v Reading in the Reading end :wink:

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 02 Apr 2007 12:36

Sharpy

football = working class/state schools/poverty

rugby = middle-upper class/grammar school/rich

not hard is it...even rugby fans i speak to say that

I do think some of our fans would be more suited to watching rugby.

STAND UP FOR READING FC SIT DOWN FOR LONDON IRISH :wink:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 02 Apr 2007 12:37

Riseley I was surrounded by mannequins wearing replica shirts in the upper tier. Even Mr Angry is wearing this seasons home shirt! We are heading for a footballing plastic paradise where Adolf Hinton is in charge of marketing and Fat Barry the catering. The South Bank puddle is but a distant memory to the righteous.

Don't you wear a Reading shirt too? I seem to remember pictures of you with a shirt (circa 1998/9) and face paint.

jenster81

by jenster81 » 02 Apr 2007 12:38

jeeezzz you lot are a pain in the arse.

We are growing as a club, hence why we haev more new fans, some people just dont want to watch league 1/2 or championship football, not me, but it doesnt give them any less right to become reading fans. i dont have a problem with the influx of new fans. more money to the club at the end of the day.

plus, i really couldn't give a monkeys what people wear to the game, put them in pink poka dots and they'd get laughed at and cheered, but oh no, if they wear a reading shirt then they just are not classed as fans. sometimes you lot talk out of your arses.

the standing issue, there are genuine safety issues with standing in all seater stadiums, we jump and we cheer, but i've been unfortunate enough to be stuck behind some tall fat dickhead who insisted on standing for the whole game, i got to see fukk all of that game and he just turned round and swore at me when i pretty politley asked him if he didn't mind swapping seats with me...

football has moved on, get over it and shut the fukk up...

by all accounts though, i agree with the bored of.... statements, i'm bored of the premiership, not enough games, too expensive and the football hasn't exactly been amazing. not enough games or excitement to get into the season at all.

as you can see, im in a bad mood today - don't mess with me! :twisted:

275 posts