by Stranded » 12 Apr 2007 18:23

brendywendy
Nick Shorey my Lord!
brendywendy
Tony Le Mesmer
PistolPete
Royalee
PistolPete
Royalee Bikey - DEFINITELY must stay - anyone who wants him to go after his performance against Charlton needs a brain transplant.

He doesn't know where to stand on the pitch! I'm sorry, but I think it's you who needs the brain transplant! :wink:

Remind me how Darren Bent managed to fair up against Bikey on Monday? Did he score any goals? You talk bollocks.

Darren Bent is not fit. If you can't see that then you need an eye transplant. Furthermore, everytime a good striker doesn't score it is due to the centre back is it? You have a very simplistic knowledge of football...

Ivar on the other hand was almost faultless Vs Charlton

im with you on this Pistol.

Bikey has made countless errors since Sonks picked up his injury. Positionally, he looked totally lost on Monday unitl Marcus Bent went off injured & Charlton resorted to long balls to the other Bent who was isolated. Some people have such a one dimensional view of the game.

He cost us the game at Arsenal - Clumsy challenge for the pen
He cost us the game against Liverpool - poor postional play
Perfomance against Wigan was just hopeless - Murty was telling him which part of the boot to make clearances with ffs!
Watch the video of the 1st goal we conceeded against Man U. Bikey should have been closing down Heize, instead he was ambling along almost oblivious to the threat. As for the 2nd goal....
Both goals conceeded at Brum were mostly down to poor defending by him.

Granted he's young and can improve, but Duberry was keeping him out of the side for a good reason.

We have to be looking at better than Bikey if we are to match this season next. £1.5m is way too much to pay for someone who's been a liabilty so far..

Who said Mensah was unproven? He's proven at World Cup level.

you could list as many errors for sonko over the last two years.

but everyone makes mistakes, and its how you learn from them and improve that makes a good player.

the boy looks a very decent prospect, and for 1.5 million id snap your hand off

You've just highlighted why Bikey should go; he's made more obvious mistakes in less than a year than Sonko has in two.

no, hes made about the same

and since sonks has been injured for half of this season it hardly counts

and ive lost count of the times that sonks has chrged in and slid past someone in the area and luckily not caught them
not to mention all the positional errors that Ivar has to sweep up for him too
not that i dont think hes great, i love the man

its just that there are no footballers in the world who dont make mistakes
and the boy is young, strong, skillfull, and a great prospect

IMHO

double standards
sonko = untouchable

I don't think it is double standards. People have genuine concerns with regards to some of his defensive mistakes. The problem we have, and it's not Bikey's fault, is that Sonko got to learn at a lower level where mistakes are not as costly - at this level a defensive lapse will often lead to a goal.

I'd like him to stay but see him more as a possible midfielder than a long term centre back.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 12 Apr 2007 20:14

brendywendy
Nick Shorey my Lord!
brendywendy
Tony Le Mesmer
PistolPete
Royalee
PistolPete
Royalee Bikey - DEFINITELY must stay - anyone who wants him to go after his performance against Charlton needs a brain transplant.

He doesn't know where to stand on the pitch! I'm sorry, but I think it's you who needs the brain transplant! :wink:

Remind me how Darren Bent managed to fair up against Bikey on Monday? Did he score any goals? You talk bollocks.

Darren Bent is not fit. If you can't see that then you need an eye transplant. Furthermore, everytime a good striker doesn't score it is due to the centre back is it? You have a very simplistic knowledge of football...

Ivar on the other hand was almost faultless Vs Charlton

im with you on this Pistol.

Bikey has made countless errors since Sonks picked up his injury. Positionally, he looked totally lost on Monday unitl Marcus Bent went off injured & Charlton resorted to long balls to the other Bent who was isolated. Some people have such a one dimensional view of the game.

He cost us the game at Arsenal - Clumsy challenge for the pen
He cost us the game against Liverpool - poor postional play
Perfomance against Wigan was just hopeless - Murty was telling him which part of the boot to make clearances with ffs!
Watch the video of the 1st goal we conceeded against Man U. Bikey should have been closing down Heize, instead he was ambling along almost oblivious to the threat. As for the 2nd goal....
Both goals conceeded at Brum were mostly down to poor defending by him.

Granted he's young and can improve, but Duberry was keeping him out of the side for a good reason.

We have to be looking at better than Bikey if we are to match this season next. £1.5m is way too much to pay for someone who's been a liabilty so far..

Who said Mensah was unproven? He's proven at World Cup level.

you could list as many errors for sonko over the last two years.

but everyone makes mistakes, and its how you learn from them and improve that makes a good player.

the boy looks a very decent prospect, and for 1.5 million id snap your hand off

You've just highlighted why Bikey should go; he's made more obvious mistakes in less than a year than Sonko has in two.

no, hes made about the same

and since sonks has been injured for half of this season it hardly counts

and ive lost count of the times that sonks has chrged in and slid past someone in the area and luckily not caught them
not to mention all the positional errors that Ivar has to sweep up for him too
not that i dont think hes great, i love the man

its just that there are no footballers in the world who dont make mistakes
and the boy is young, strong, skillfull, and a great prospect

IMHO

double standards
sonko = untouchable

I agree with the sentiment, but it's not double standards - people (even last season) were lamenting Sonko's 'frequent errors' and overlooking his good points - just goes to show the brand of moron you typically get on Hobnob with a low percentage of posters with anything between their ears apart from thin air.