Stelios

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Apr 2007 19:11

zac naloen
Royal Lady If Howard Webb is shown the incident on TV replays, is he allowed to report Thompson to the FA, like the Leroy head butt incident?

The FA are supposed to pick up on it themselves, but there needs to be a media furore about it first.
Oh well. We won't get that then. :roll: Maybe I'll write to a number of newspapers, under an assumed name and pretending to be a fan of another team and condemn the cheating! :wink:

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 22 Apr 2007 19:13

Because no-one got hurt and it didn't affect the end result I can see the FA having a "quiet word" (totally off the record too) with Bolton about the future conduct of their players in situations like this.

No need to make a mountain out of a molehill - we got the 3 points in the end so the jokes on them.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Apr 2007 19:16

T.R.O.L.I. Because no-one got hurt and it didn't affect the end result I can see the FA having a "quiet word" (totally off the record too) with Bolton about the future conduct of their players in situations like this.

No need to make a mountain out of a molehill - we got the 3 points in the end so the jokes on them.
You're so sensible. I wish you were my son-in-law.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 22 Apr 2007 19:17

Give it time, RL :wink:

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 22 Apr 2007 19:20

T.R.O.L.I. Because no-one got hurt and it didn't affect the end result I can see the FA having a "quiet word" (totally off the record too) with Bolton about the future conduct of their players in situations like this.

Bolton will probably ask and get the game to be rearranged as their keeper was distracted by it.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 22 Apr 2007 19:47

um if someone has already asked this then sorry...

why did he have a balloon down his shorts?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 22 Apr 2007 20:05

He'd seen Doyle's pics on gayicon.com and had been planning to create his own cult following but found running around with an inflated balloon in his yfronts didn;t work.
The penalty was plan B

jenster81

by jenster81 » 22 Apr 2007 22:38

londinium
readingfc_4_life_and_beyo Anyone found videos of it yet?

Can be seen clearly on this vid.

http://www.mgoon.com/Player/Mgoon_Playe ... ayerType=1

Cheating scum

Something has to be done about this.

It didn't work though, nor did absolutely saturating the pitch before kick off. That one seemed to back fire on them.

sorry, completely off topic and haven't read the whole thread, but that video - right at the end the image of steve coppell heading the imaginary ball!!! brilliant....

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 22 Apr 2007 22:46

me two pennith

personally thought it was genius, it obviously didn't work but was quite funny tbh!

But I don't care, we scored won 3-1 so who gives a shit.

I say 'we' i mean Kevin Doyle scored. :wink:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Apr 2007 22:58

Harold
floyd__streete
Harold its ok for reading cheat???????????

When have Reading cheated then? This'll be good..... :lol:

Very blinkered view you have! So reading dont cheat, they are whiter than white eh? :lol: Leroys headbutt, his diving, Sonko pole axing Cudicini, Hunt cracking Cechs skull................

A fair challenge and a player not getting out of the way as some idiot slides into his Knee? I don't cal that cheating. Headbutting is against the rules but it isn't cheating, it's violent. And if you think what Leroy did was a headbutt then you must never have been nutted yourself.

THe diving is fair enough, but then I never said we didn't cheat. We do, just not very much. If you want to think of the cheating scale, then in football Crewe would be at one end with Reading fairly close to them and Chelsea would be at the opposite end as the dirty cheating scummers.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 22 Apr 2007 23:01

With a good portion of the crowd booing/jeering Doyle when he is about to take the pen, what difference does one balloon make?

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 22 Apr 2007 23:03

The whole year inn Wit a good portion of the crowd booing/jeering Doyle when he is about to take the pen, what difference does one balloon make?

Probably none, but the issue is the fact that this was obviously a pre-meditated act - its not as if you can make a balloon with magic alone.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Apr 2007 23:06

T.R.O.L.I.
The whole year inn Wit a good portion of the crowd booing/jeering Doyle when he is about to take the pen, what difference does one balloon make?

Probably none, but the issue is the fact that this was obviously a pre-meditated act - its not as if you can make a balloon with magic alone.

It's unsportsmanlike and should be punished as such... would only be a yellow on the pitch so should be a small fine. But the FA really ought to clamp donw on it sraight away or it will be commonplace in a years time.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 22 Apr 2007 23:10

T.R.O.L.I.

If the balloon wasn't there Thompson would have been mouthing off during Doyle's runup or doing something else to put him off. Happens week in week out all over the country.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 22 Apr 2007 23:13

The F.A. should pick a Reading fan who was at the game yesterday, let him stand in front of SteLOLios, point a finger at him and laugh away.

Much worse then a ban or fine.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 22 Apr 2007 23:16

The whole year inn
T.R.O.L.I.

If the balloon wasn't there Thompson would have been mouthing off during Doyle's runup or doing something else to put him off. Happens week in week out all over the country.

http://www.mgoon.com/Player/Mgoon_Playe ... ayerType=1

It was stelios. Pause it after 57 seconds

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 22 Apr 2007 23:20

Harold whats the league cup final got to do with anything?

Very little these days.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 22 Apr 2007 23:23

Compo's Hat The F.A. should pick a Reading fan who was at the game yesterday, let him stand in front of SteLOLios, point a finger at him and laugh away.

preferably floyd

while we all sing I feeLOL good.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 22 Apr 2007 23:31

Alan Partridge
Compo's Hat The F.A. should pick a Reading fan who was at the game yesterday, let him stand in front of SteLOLios, point a finger at him and laugh away.

preferably floyd

while we all sing I feeLOL good.

No, because before yesterday he was officially bored of this season :lol:

Katie Marsden

by Katie Marsden » 22 Apr 2007 23:53

Disgraceful. The fact it was so pre planned makes it even more distasteful.

Cheating, no other way to describe it.

The FA should act and hand the w@nker a ban.