RFC vs Derby - Result papers over some very serious cracks

185 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Oct 2007 20:03

The whole year inn
AthleticoSpizz
The whole year inn
Schards#2 Coppell really put his reputation on the line by fielding the same team after conceding seven. You can see why he did it as it must ingender hugeloyalty from the players but did it work? Not really, an unconvincing win at home to the stand out worst team in the division is not a huge vindication.

Gunnarsson simply isn't good enough to start and it's patently obvious every game.

Rosenior just isn't very good really, not a patch on Seol who would, sometimes, turn a game.

Nothing today suggests that we don't have a monumental struggle ahead staying up.

Agreed.

The fact that we have Fae sitting on ther bench whilst sitting through another horror show from Bryn is utterly astounding.

Fae is potentially a decent centre midfielder. Get him in there FFS
:roll:

Bryn is just not a premiership football player. Full stop.
whilst partially agreeing with your last line

Please tell me about the "horror show" from Bryn.....i was at the game and saw more horrors from NS and even DK than him

did you see the Pompey game?
If that performance was not enough to consider dropping Bryn and bringing in our record signing I would love to see what you have to do to get dropped from this current team

Fae must be sleeping with Coppells daughter.
The Pompey game was last week

were you there today?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 07 Oct 2007 20:05

The whole year inn
AthleticoSpizz
The whole year inn
Schards#2 Coppell really put his reputation on the line by fielding the same team after conceding seven. You can see why he did it as it must ingender hugeloyalty from the players but did it work? Not really, an unconvincing win at home to the stand out worst team in the division is not a huge vindication.

Gunnarsson simply isn't good enough to start and it's patently obvious every game.

Rosenior just isn't very good really, not a patch on Seol who would, sometimes, turn a game.

Nothing today suggests that we don't have a monumental struggle ahead staying up.

Agreed.

The fact that we have Fae sitting on ther bench whilst sitting through another horror show from Bryn is utterly astounding.

Please tell me about the "horror show" from Bryn.....i was at the game and saw more horrors from NS and even DK than him

If that performance was not enough to consider dropping Bryn and bringing in our record signing I would love to see what you have to do to get dropped from this current team

agreed, though i tend to think that either coppell is either sleeping with bryns wife, or bryn caught coppell in bed with oster

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 07 Oct 2007 20:07

AthleticoSpizz
The whole year inn
AthleticoSpizz
The whole year inn

Agreed.

were you there today?

Of course I was not there today.

I don't see how being at the game makes you an expert with regard to spotting shite performances.

Coppell is a massive vindicate of not changing a winning side, but we ship 7 and he also doesn't change the team?

It is a simple question, short of getting injured, what do you have to do to get dropped from a Coppell team?

I feel for Fae. The guy is a proper footballer and he is sat on the bench watching Bryn keep him out of the team. Astonishing

Oxon_Royal

by Oxon_Royal » 07 Oct 2007 20:09

Daniella Im happy for the 3 points but if we had been playing pompey again we'd of conceded another 7 today, we just look poor as a unit and as individuals.

"have" conceded.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 07 Oct 2007 20:09

Derby the better side??? Which match??? When??? In today's match, we dominated possession, wanted it more and created the better chances (and more of them). O.K., so we aren't firing on all cylinders but today's performance was satisfactory and certainly loads better than Pompey.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Oct 2007 20:10

The whole year inn
AthleticoSpizz
The whole year inn
AthleticoSpizz
The whole year inn

Agreed.

were you there today?

I don't see how being at the game makes you an expert with regard to spotting shite performances.

Coppell is a massive vindicate of not changing a winning side, but we ship 7 and he also doesn't change the team?Astonishing
3 points and a clean sheet.........the perfect response if you ask me

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 07 Oct 2007 20:11

Man Friday Derby the better side??? Which match??? When??? In today's match, we dominated possession, wanted it more and created the better chances (and more of them). O.K., so we aren't firing on all cylinders but today's performance was satisfactory and certainly loads better than Pompey.

Is that because we were at home to by far and away the worst side in the Premiership?

We wont be playing Derby County at home every week, I'm sorry to say.

Royalshow

Re: RFC vs Derby - Result papers over some very serious crac

by Royalshow » 07 Oct 2007 20:11

Crowthorne Royal What another horror show today....Those with RTG's will of course say we are 12th (or similar) and x places behind a UEFA spot, but that frankly is bollo*ks. Quite why we look so bad with the same players this year is puzzling. Not 1 player IMO today deserved the Reading shirt (maybe a bit harsh on Hunt) and that more than anything is what's missing for me.......NO DESIRE. Bad performances I can just about put up with, but we were gutless today and showed nowhere near enough appetite if we are to survive this season. How many times in midfield did the worst team in The Premiership just pick up loose ball and run 10-25 yards with it unchallenged? Far too many is the answer. I am a great fan of Coppell who has been superb for us, but you have to question how he could play the same 11 this week. He will of course say he was justified, but I'm sorry a 1-0 win against Derby is a poor result. Gunnarsson was AWOL again and the right hand side players Rosenior & Oster were pathetic. Our anticipation of where 50/50 balls may land and the winning of the 'second ball' were non existent. Doyle still looks off the pace and Kitson was poor today...I can't remember him winning 1 header all game. Duberry is not Prem' standard and I could go on. It's a long wait until January to bring in some desparately needed quality. Coppell also needs to be consistent, he talked about rewarding winners after Wigan....and then Pompey happens, then by definition he rewards losers!!
A win before a 2 week break is the only silver lining and that looks more like a streak of 'grey', like the skies that lay ahead of this poor current team.
NB - And by the way, Shorey.......could he get in to any international team on current form??!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Alright oxf*rd pessimist

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 07 Oct 2007 20:14

AthleticoSpizz
The whole year inn
AthleticoSpizz
The whole year inn
AthleticoSpizz
The whole year inn

Agreed.

were you there today?

Coppell is a massive vindicate of not changing a winning side, but we ship 7 and he also doesn't change the team?Astonishing

So you are happy for that team to start at Blackburn? :shock:

Their midfield will tear Bryn a new areshole

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 07 Oct 2007 20:18

The whole year inn
Man Friday Derby the better side??? Which match??? When??? In today's match, we dominated possession, wanted it more and created the better chances (and more of them). O.K., so we aren't firing on all cylinders but today's performance was satisfactory and certainly loads better than Pompey.

Is that because we were at home to by far and away the worst side in the Premiership? Possibly.

We wont be playing Derby County at home every week, I'm sorry to say.
We can beat only the team put in front of us - if Derby are crap that's not our fault.

towserSL2crew

RFC v Derby

by towserSL2crew » 07 Oct 2007 20:20

:wink: Good battling win today lads , Bryn will do OK coming off the bench when we need him but Fae should be given a chance.
Those who say Rosenior is no good are not watching the game , he s running his heart out , though Id rather see him start right back .and as for them who would rather see Seol play in blue & white hoops again so would I , as long as they belong to QPR. We did well winning when not playing our best wait till we really get going...!!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Oct 2007 20:20

The whole year inn
AthleticoSpizz
The whole year inn
AthleticoSpizz
The whole year inn
AthleticoSpizz
The whole year inn

Agreed.

were you there today?

When Steve Coppell needs tips on managing..he will come to you.

but........................No I would not.

Today, was about getting three points and restoring the self-belief...........mission accomplished

............Sir Steve will pick a team capable of beating Blackburn

lovetoscore

Todays game

by lovetoscore » 07 Oct 2007 20:21

Todays game-fXXXXXg abysmal performance but very grateful for the 3 points. Hunt battled hard and Kitson did ok up front with no service from midfield. Doyle hopefully will gain confidence after scoring but still looks out of touch.

Defence did ok but midfield were all awful. My ratings-
USA-6 not much to do
Murts-6 captained well and better then recent performances but still errors
Shorey-6 nothing special
Ivar-6 seemed slow and even derby forward made him look silly when he got booked
Duberry 6-great in the air but distribution woeful-hoof!!
Gunnar-5-too slow and caught in possesion too often
harper-5-ran around as usual but no tackling and passing predicatable and inaccurate.no creativity
Rosenior-5-awful crossing!
Hunt-6-not much quality but plenty of effort
Kits--6-no service but did win the ball in the air
Doyle-6-struggled but decent goal
Oster-5-why won't he shoot?!

My team for blackburn?
USA
DLC
Shorey
Sonko
Duberry

Bikey (at least he will tackle!)
Fae (he cant be worse than bryn!)
Convey
Hunt

Kits
Doyle

Subs-Fed, Ivar, Harper, Lita, Long

Some players need to learn they are not undroppable!

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 07 Oct 2007 20:31

AthleticoSpizz
The whole year inn
AthleticoSpizz
The whole year inn
AthleticoSpizz
The whole year inn
AthleticoSpizz
The whole year inn

Agreed.

were you there today?

When Steve Coppell needs tips on managing..he will come to you.

but........................No I would not.

Today, was about getting three points and restoring the self-belief...........mission accomplished

............Sir Steve will pick a team capable of beating Blackburn

Ah, another Coppell can do no wrong guy.

In my personal opinion, if you think that Bryn is worthy of starting games over and over again, when we have a decent alternative on the bench, then you are totally deluded.

We struggled past Derby at home. In order to stay in this division we need to invest in January and change the side now.

I have never understood this Coppell is always right mentality. If he takes us down (which looks like a distinct possibility) then what? I dont think Reading have it in them to come straight back up.

All it needs is spending a bit of money. I would love to see, say Jason Koumas on our right wing instead of a 20 year old right back.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 07 Oct 2007 20:35

The whole year inn I don't see how being at the game makes you an expert with regard to spotting shite performances.

It helps :wink:

Watching on TV you'll see mistakes by Shorey, Oster, etc. but you'll fail to see that Gunnarson was completely bypassed for most of the game. He was just not in the game at all.

Fae has to have his chance soon.

On the result nearly all of us would have taken 1-0 before the game. 3 points, clean sheet and 12th in the table. It was never going to be a classic - a nervous RFC lacking in confidence against the worst side in the Prem.

We've got Convey and Sonks coming back, Doyle's getting back to his old self, Kitson playing well. It's not all bad news.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 07 Oct 2007 20:37

To be fair we don't see what Coppell's does. Maybe Fae looks awful in training. Coppell clearly doesn't rate him that much.

What frustrates me is if that if Coppell doesn't rate Fae or certainly doesn't think he's ready, why did we sign him, when we needed a replacement for Sid? And why did Coppell turn round and say I'm not buying anyone, I'm happy with the squad, when clearly he wasn't.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Oct 2007 20:39

(in response to TWYI)

Koumas has been tried and tested ...not good enough at this level

Bryn has no divine right to start every game (if you check out some of my other posts..that would confirm my take on it)....today, he was undeserving of the "stock-standard ....and predictable" critisism

"we struggled past derby"

Bull..we beat their butts big time.....had some of our finishing been more clinical/ruthless....it would have been 4-0 upwards................however we dare not criticise Kevin Doyle :roll:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 07 Oct 2007 20:49

AthleticoSpizz (in response to TWYI)

Koumas has been tried and tested ...not good enough at this level

Bryn has no divine right to start every game (if you check out some of my other posts..that would confirm my take on it)....today, he was undeserving of the "stock-standard ....and predictable" critisism

"we struggled past derby"

Bull..we beat their butts big time.....had some of our finishing been more clinical/ruthless....it would have been 4-0 upwards................however we dare not criticise Kevin Doyle :roll:

you have got to be kidding, we were hanging on by a thread at the end and won 1-0, that isnt beating their butts big time..........immature prat

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 07 Oct 2007 20:54

We most definitely were NOT hanging on at the end. I can't remember Derby attacking us in the last few minutes - which is very unusual for a team 1-0 down. Their lack of urgency was alarming (for them).

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 07 Oct 2007 20:55

Yeh it should have been a comfortable win. Hunt was the biggest culprit, Oster just will *not* shoot, the BBC website said we had 2 clear-cut penalty decisions turned down, .... and Murty was unlucky not to score :shock:

Typical performance of a side low on confidence really. Hopefully the realisation that they are mid-table for the next 10 days or so will help them forget about Pompey.
Last edited by rotherwick_royal on 07 Oct 2007 20:56, edited 1 time in total.

185 posts