Shane Long

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Shane Long

by brendywendy » 14 Apr 2008 15:59

earleyroyal
readingbedding
earleyroyal
The original point was nothing to do with ability or performance, it was to do with lack of effort. I am not suggesting one bad game makes him rubbish blah blah blah, just that he didn't seem to be trying as hard as he could've been yesterday, and was wondering why.

Because he's human?

That doesn't justify not trying. If you were my boss and I turned in a shit day, doing virtually no work and being on HNA? all day, you would bollock me. 'Sorry boss, I'm only human.' The fact he's paid handsomely to try for 90 minutes makes it even less excusable. I'm sorry but I don't see what you're getting at.

if i was your boss id say:
look mate i understand, no one works 100% every day
as long as you try and make it up to me over the next week or so and generally try to keep as close to 100% as is humanly possible, its ok with me

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 14 Apr 2008 17:06

And as long as the team do that, we'll all be happy. Still not really acceptable from a Premiership footballer in the first place, suppose everyone deserves a second chance. I don't care what the score is at Arsenal as long we see a clear improvement in effort from the players.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Apr 2008 11:09

brendywendy
earleyroyal That doesn't justify not trying. If you were my boss and I turned in a shit day, doing virtually no work and being on HNA? all day, you would bollock me. 'Sorry boss, I'm only human.' The fact he's paid handsomely to try for 90 minutes makes it even less excusable. I'm sorry but I don't see what you're getting at.

if i was your boss id say:
look mate i understand, no one works 100% every day
as long as you try and make it up to me over the next week or so and generally try to keep as close to 100% as is humanly possible, its ok with me

We don't want 100% every day - just one day a week would be fine.