Back from the game.....

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the game.....

by rg6royal » 27 Apr 2008 13:34

Tbh i hope to see Little and Convey start against Spurs next week. Hunt isn't half the player he was in the first half of the season.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 27 Apr 2008 14:47

saw lita last night out in town, said he ll bang in 2 goals nxt week. hope so

rfc58

by rfc58 » 27 Apr 2008 15:35

loyalroyal4life saw lita last night out in town, said he ll bang in 2 goals nxt week. hope so

Thing is, whether he will do that or not, he trusts his ability, and at a time when confidence in the dressing room is fragile, seeing someone who has confidence strutting around might be the lift others need.

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 27 Apr 2008 17:16

rfc58
loyalroyal4life saw lita last night out in town, said he ll bang in 2 goals nxt week. hope so

Thing is, whether he will do that or not, he trusts his ability, and at a time when confidence in the dressing room is fragile, seeing someone who has confidence strutting around might be the lift others need.

Exactly, play with fear against Spurs and Derby and we're fcuked, as we were against Bolton, Fulham etc.

Diddyroyal

by Diddyroyal » 27 Apr 2008 19:14

thought Ding played ok yesterday, the line up was set out to do a job with Doobs on Heskey and Bikey in midfield, breaking up the play.
Was dissapointed with hunt and Harps, hunt seems to have forgotten how to play football, and doent have the hunger he had in the first half of the season, Harps works his socks off , but doesnt really do anything.
On the plus side, Bikey was quality in midfield, solid, calm and solid!, the back four were tidy, marcus stayed alert and made a couple of good saves,and up front Leroy chased everything, as did Kits, they just lacked the service they were crying out for (Marek/Little).

Was good to see Little come on, could have been a tad earlier, he made some good passes, and we looked a lot more creative with him.

MOM: Marcus or Doobs

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 27 Apr 2008 19:19

Woodcote Royal Bikey "immense" in midfield, eh................... I wonder why no one thought of that before..........................over to you, Steve.

:roll:

erm, steve coppell thought of it before, when he played him there in a previous game where he was awful, moved him there for last weeks game in the second half where he looked accomplished, and again to start there Vs wigan where he did well

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 27 Apr 2008 19:21

Diddyroyal thought Ding played ok yesterday, the line up was set out to do a job with Doobs on Heskey and Bikey in midfield, breaking up the play.
Was dissapointed with hunt and Harps, hunt seems to have forgotten how to play football, and doent have the hunger he had in the first half of the season, Harps works his socks off , but doesnt really do anything.
On the plus side, Bikey was quality in midfield, solid, calm and solid!, the back four were tidy, marcus stayed alert and made a couple of good saves,and up front Leroy chased everything, as did Kits, they just lacked the service they were crying out for (Marek/Little).

Was good to see Little come on, could have been a tad earlier, he made some good passes, and we looked a lot more creative with him.

glad to see doobs getting some plaudits
thought he got some very unfair stick earlier in the season, when actually ive never see him have a bad game for us really

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 27 Apr 2008 19:23

brendywendy
Diddyroyal thought Ding played ok yesterday, the line up was set out to do a job with Doobs on Heskey and Bikey in midfield, breaking up the play.

glad to see doobs getting some plaudits
thought he got some very unfair stick earlier in the season, when actually ive never see him have a bad game for us really

He's limited with the ball at his feet (although ot as bad as Sonko) but when it coems tod efending, I'd back him in the air against anyone, he's strong, fairly quick and reads the game well. He's got the experience we need at the current time and should have been playing for the last few weeks IMO.

towserSL2crew

by towserSL2crew » 27 Apr 2008 19:37

Thought the stewards at Wigan were brilliant,( even though most of them I spoke to were Everton fans who said Wigan were shite ) as the empty space meant all the lads who wanted to stand together at the back were allowed to.( Great singing lads.) without unnecessary stewarding or police intervention.
On the pitch , Bikey woz superb , Hunt has faded like last season ,Leroy will do it next week.Marek has to play next week.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 27 Apr 2008 20:50

1960 On Sky Le Tissier said there had been a handball in the Wigan area and the ref didn't give it. Noboby on here has mentioned it. Can anyone who was at the match confirm? Maybe it was at the other end and difficult to see.

I ask because small things like this affect the whole future of teams. Carrick handballs, the ref gives it and Chelsea have a chance of the title, which was impossible a few minutes before. Whereas a Wigan defender handballs, not given and Reading go down (possibly).

Of course MOTD didn't show it.

If it's what I remember, it was a 2nd half free kick hit by Shorey to the far post. Ingi outjumped his man and powered in a header, the ball hit the Wigan man with his back turned. Where it hit I don't know, but if it hit the hand then a penalty would have been harsh due to the hand not deliberately touching the ball and the distance between Ingi and said man.

silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 27 Apr 2008 22:07

My thoughts-

Duberry was excellent, Bikey had a good game in midfield, Hunt/Harper were shit.

The bottle of jd and the constant murking of two scouse oxf*rd made the trip home enjoyable

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Apr 2008 22:56

brendywendy
Woodcote Royal Bikey "immense" in midfield, eh................... I wonder why no one thought of that before..........................over to you, Steve.

:roll:

erm, steve coppell thought of it before, when he played him there in a previous game where he was awful, moved him there for last weeks game in the second half where he looked accomplished, and again to start there Vs wigan where he did well

That was 45 minutes in a five man midfield when he got subbed at half time because we were already behind :roll:

He also did a great job against Everton in the back four but disappeared out of sight for several months afterwards whereas, Shorey's head was parked on the Barking Road until Christmas but he still managed to get picked for every game.

eddiegrundy

by eddiegrundy » 27 Apr 2008 23:54

A few pictures from Saturday, starting out at 8am at the Madstad.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 28 Apr 2008 00:23

did anybody walk past the firm at the end :shock:

scary stuff, group of 10 or so 16 year olds and a couple dads

koran

by koran » 28 Apr 2008 00:36

rg6royal Tbh i hope to see Little and Convey start against Spurs next week. Hunt isn't half the player he was in the first half of the season.

I agree. Maybe SSC figured that, against a team like Wigan and on a pitch like theirs, we needed more steel and than artistry; more commitment than guile. But against Spurs I would hope to see Little and Convey start - and Marek with Bikey in central midfield.

Aubery Boyce
Hob Nob Regular

by Aubery Boyce » 28 Apr 2008 14:13

how many royals were there do you reckon??

1000?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Apr 2008 14:20

Alan Partridge He's limited with the ball at his feet (although ot as bad as Sonko) but when it coems tod efending, I'd back him in the air against anyone, he's strong, fairly quick and reads the game well. He's got the experience we need at the current time and should have been playing for the last few weeks IMO.

Wasn't he still coming back from injury though?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 28 Apr 2008 15:10

Hoop Blah
Alan Partridge He's limited with the ball at his feet (although ot as bad as Sonko) but when it coems tod efending, I'd back him in the air against anyone, he's strong, fairly quick and reads the game well. He's got the experience we need at the current time and should have been playing for the last few weeks IMO.

Wasn't he still coming back from injury though?

He has been fit for the majority of the last few weeks, only Fulham he was ill for I think.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 28 Apr 2008 23:42

silas My thoughts-

Duberry was excellent, Bikey had a good game in midfield, Hunt/Harper were shit.

The bottle of jd and the constant murking of two scouse oxf*rd made the trip home enjoyable

Watching from home...also thought Bikey looked pretty good, not just as a CDM but also going forward. Harper was AWOL...except for when he was stupidly waving his arms as Lita broke into the 6 yard box and passed what would have been a sitter for Harper to toe-in. I thought to myself that last year, we'd have had 3 guys rushing-in to have that ball. Shame...

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 29 Apr 2008 09:37

From the comfort of the brief highlights, and in defence of Hunt and anyonelse trying to control/ cross a ball - the pitch was a bobbly pudding.