Pre-season friendly v MK Dons

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Pre-season friendly

by Pseud O'Nym » 01 Jun 2008 19:45

I shall look forward to the appearance of her friend Mia Culper.

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 01 Jun 2008 20:09

rg6royal
East Stand Ste I want to go to this......the highly annoying thing is that at the mo i live in stanmore (just south of watford) so obviously not too far, but moving to portsmouth next month, which IS very far....GRRRR....probably still go tho!!!

Isn't that far!

yea ur right its not mega far...was being over dramatic

philM

by philM » 01 Jun 2008 20:21

Pseud O'Nym

I shall look forward to the appearance of her friend Mia Culper.

I hope Mia's cute Swedish friend comes too, Tilly Sprùvan-Gilty.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Pre-season friendly v MK Dons

by Franchise FC » 02 Jun 2008 08:50

earleyroyal No club should agree to play MK Dons in a friendly, one penny to them is far too much. Hopefully AFC Wimbledon will pass them in a couple of years.

Hear - hear !!

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 02 Jun 2008 09:12

My club has sold it's soul to the devil.

Royal Family

by Royal Family » 02 Jun 2008 09:32

How can anyone condone this non-club Franchise MK scummers by attending? They just got a placement into the 2nd tier of the football league on the back of a club that used to be called Wimbledon FC & which are now dead or at very best reborn in AFC Wimbledon (who started life where MK Franchise scum should have).

There's no way I'd attend a match there & help finance these t*ssers who have no right of being in the football league ... on the basis they never earned it. :x

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Jun 2008 13:18

Agreed.

It really was shocking that the FA and FL allowed what was in reality a new club to buy the place of another in the league.

It only happened because it was little old Wimbledon. Imagine the outcry had Winkelman & co bought Leeds instead and moved them to Milton Keynes before renaming them MK Dons.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 02 Jun 2008 13:22

earleyroyal No club should agree to play MK Dons in a friendly, one penny to them is far too much. Hopefully AFC Wimbledon will pass them in a couple of years.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

It's only a friendly, what sort of mug would go anyway?
I'd go if it was a Cup match or a League match.

STAR Voice

by STAR Voice » 02 Jun 2008 15:23

There's an awful lot of emotive statements being made in this thread, many of them showing that some people are a little ignorant of what actually happened or what the real issues are.

I've tried to explain it all in this thread : http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=76448&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 02 Jun 2008 21:34

this bit was interesting

The Move to Mk
Firstly, let's clarify how Wimbledon FC came to be moved to MK..... This wasn't "allowed by the FL and the FA", but when the idea was first mooted in 2001 the chairman of the FL said to the press, when asked at Luton airport (en route to the League's AGM) words to the effect of "Over my dead body, it'll never happen..."

When the FL clubs voted against the move, Wimbledon FC's lawyers used these words to demonstrate that their case had been unfairly prejudiced, and so they were granted a 3-man FA arbitration panel. This panel, which included ex-Arsenal vice Chair David Dein and Douglas Hamilton (who was later to shaft York City!) granted permission for the move to take place by 2 votes to 1.

with most at the FA & FL seemingly so against the move, how did they choose the arbitration panel that happened to find enough people, two in the case, in favour? It does also beg the question of why those three had the power to overrule the FA and the FL?

Diddyroyal

by Diddyroyal » 02 Jun 2008 21:59

Cant really see what the big deal is, worse things have happened within football! plus its only a friendly anyway, most of you wouldnt go anyway!

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 02 Jun 2008 22:24

readingbedding

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

That's relevant to the point. zzzzzz.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 03 Jun 2008 00:45

This is now the 5th thing i can't do that day because of a wedding i'm attending :x

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Jun 2008 08:21

STAR Campaigns There's an awful lot of emotive statements being made in this thread, many of them showing that some people are a little ignorant of what actually happened or what the real issues are.

I've tried to explain it all in this thread : http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=76448&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

The summary of the agreement and so-called 'peace treaty' is interesting.

So in the end, Winkelman and co expressed regret at the upset they had caused, returned memorabilia and relinquished any claim to Wimbledon history etc. whilst their new club maintained their ill-gotten league status.

Well that's OK then!! It's a bit like burglars breaking into your house, issuing a public apology for the distress caused, returning your family photos etc. but continuing to live in your house!!!

Yet another complete cock-up by the footballing authorities followed by an equally complete cop-out.

It should never have been allowed to happen, MK Dons did not earn the right to be where they are in the league structure by working their way up the footballing pyramid like every other club has had to do and, for that reason, I shall always wish them failure!!

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 03 Jun 2008 09:10

RoyalBlue
STAR Campaigns There's an awful lot of emotive statements being made in this thread, many of them showing that some people are a little ignorant of what actually happened or what the real issues are.

The summary of the agreement and so-called 'peace treaty' is interesting.

So in the end, Winkelman and co expressed regret at the upset they had caused, returned memorabilia and relinquished any claim to Wimbledon history etc. whilst their new club maintained their ill-gotten league status.

Well that's OK then!! It's a bit like burglars breaking into your house, issuing a public apology for the distress caused, returning your family photos etc. but continuing to live in your house!!!

Yet another complete cock-up by the footballing authorities followed by an equally complete cop-out.

It should never have been allowed to happen, MK Dons did not earn the right to be where they are in the league structure by working their way up the footballing pyramid like every other club has had to do and, for that reason, I shall always wish them failure!!

They have moved on now, and so should everyone else. I think it is good that the clubs have settled their arguments and put it behind them, it's just a shame that people who it dis not actually affect can't do the same.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 03 Jun 2008 09:36

Compo's Hat This is now the 5th thing i can't do that day because of a wedding i'm attending :x

I'd use that as lverage to call first dibs on the bridesmaids

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 03 Jun 2008 10:44

Rev Algenon Stickleback H this bit was interesting

with most at the FA & FL seemingly so against the move, how did they choose the arbitration panel that happened to find enough people, two in the case, in favour? It does also beg the question of why those three had the power to overrule the FA and the FL?

This is covered in The Beautiful Game by David Conn (as recommended by Dirk Gently). I'll try and dig out the relvant passage.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 03 Jun 2008 12:29

earleyroyal
readingbedding

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

That's relevant to the point. zzzzzz.

Of course the money that they'll make from this mouth watering clash will fill their coffers.
Anyone who wouldn't attend MKDons against Reading FC in a League or Cup match solely because of principle, is a fool.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 03 Jun 2008 12:32

Can we leave the MK Dons stuff to the thread that was dredged up in General Football please or the STAR thread. Keep this one on track, ta

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 03 Jun 2008 12:48

Huntley & Palmer Can we leave the MK Dons stuff to the thread that was dredged up in General Football please or the STAR thread. Keep this one on track, ta

Fair enough, but I'm not bothered about what STAR have to say about the matter.