The Convenient Truth

georgerob

Re: So, lets get this straight...

by georgerob » 08 Aug 2008 12:13

rfcjoe Mate I aint being funny or anything but this is Reading Football Club all over! No feckin ambition! Its really starting to get on my tits now! I really hope we make a signing to put me right but fook me I'm getting sick and tired of paying for a ST and the team doesn't get invested in or added to.

:evil:

Agree, just one big signing to show reading have the ambition and desire to go in the right direction, but at the moment all coppell is doing is depleting are squad by selling our best players. Noel Hunt only came to the club to please stephen hunt so he wouldnt leave aswell.
Its more or less been a similar squad for the last 3 years and i thought this season after getting relegated we would bring in a lot of players to fresh things up and bring a more positive attitude within the club after relegation. But still there is a long time to go till the window shuts so we'll have to wait and see what happens. :)

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: The Convenient Truth

by Stranded » 08 Aug 2008 12:30

Southbank Old Boy
Stranded I don't agree that the ambition has totally disappeared

So you do agree that we've shown less ambition than before then?

I think that's more what people mean by lack of ambition. It's all relative I guess

Personally I track it all back to the refusal of the club to go for a place in Europe. I think that set the tone for the last 18 months

I'd say that we've lost some inertia at the moment, yes. A good start to the season would see that return in my opinion.